2016-17 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    We always perform best under the radar and with chips on our shoulders.

I think our biggest problem last year aside from Fred's injury was the seniors put WAY too much pressure on themselves. This year, just go out and ball and have fun.
    One thing that will not be any issue this year is seniors putting too much pressure on themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      One thing that will not be any issue this year is seniors putting too much pressure on themselves.
      Very bold prediction here. I like it.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Absolutely -- if Simon has an occasion to put too much pressure on himself, that would not bode well for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Absolutely -- if Simon has an occasion to put too much pressure on himself, that would not bode well for the season.
          Yeah, I'm not betting on that but gee I don't know about Zach Bush. He could screw up my prediction. But I think I will stick with it.

That said I think both J.R. and Zach are both valuable members of this team.

Comment

According to AC2G on the MVC Coaches Conference Call, Simon is one of the leaders of the guards, as far as teaching the young guys their jobs and stuff.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Yeah, I'm not betting on that but gee I don't know about Zach Bush. He could screw up my prediction. But I think I will stick with it.

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              According to AC2G on the MVC Coaches Conference Call, Simon is one of the leaders of the guards, as far as teaching the young guys their jobs and stuff.

No pressure... :)

291 likes, 10 comments - jrsimon10 on June 18, 2016: "Flamingo wanted no part of defense."
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm sure both will be worthwhile guys to have around and that Simon especially will be a leader in showing the new guards the ropes, Shocker style. But I suspect the greatest pressure either is likely to impose on himself is to hit that first three pointer of the season -- especially in Zach's case. It's been a long time since he put one on the board.

Comment

"Wichita State Shockers Hope to continue success after historic run" - By Dalton Pence with SB*Nation
                  June 28, 2016, 12:49p

Article takes a look back at the previous seasons and players, then discusses the returning and new players. Also indicated that Marshall will get the job done once again.

Comment

Coach Marshall has a history of having a very good supporting cast of players. They may not see the limelight as much as others, but are important as leaders and morale boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      "Wichita State Shockers Hope to continue success after historic run" - By Dalton Pence with SB*Nation
                      June 28, 2016, 12:49p

Article takes a look back at the previous seasons and players, then discusses the returning and new players. Also indicated that Marshall will get the job done once again.
                      Not even a Landry Shamet mention? lol, boy is that kid gonna surprise a person or two.

I also love the first comment posted after the article. KU fans are the most insecure fans on the planet. It's beyond comical.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Jayhawks...

Bluejays...

Redbirds....

Maybe if you are a fan of a team with a bird mascot you are pre-disposed to be a giant toolbag. Something to consider moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Jayhawks...

Bluejays...

Redbirds....

Maybe if you are a fan of a team with a bird mascot you are pre-disposed to be a giant toolbag. Something to consider moving forward.
                          I kind of feel the same way about Wildcats...

Arizona...

KSU...

Kentucky....

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Jayhawks...

Bluejays...

Redbirds....

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            I kind of feel the same way about Wildcats...

Arizona...

KSU...

Kentucky....

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

This accurately describes the regular KSU fan vs KU fan dribble I see on my facebook feed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                                This accurately describes the regular KSU fan vs KU fan dribble I see on my facebook feed.
                                Accurate representation of the mascots too, really.

Comment

Working...
                                X