2016-17 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Shamet and McDuffie will own the Valley this year and next. Maybe, if we're lucky, a 3rd year too!

What's not to like about this post?!?!?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
      I love how Landry Shamet is almost completely off everyone's radar. Oh, the humanity.....
      Its because of the injury. Unlikely to be the same athletic player as previously witnessed.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Its because of the injury. Unlikely to be the same athletic player as previously witnessed.
        It's true. The 18 year old Landry we used to know is gone. He will now more closely resemble Benjamin Button, 20 minutes 36 into that movie.

If he dunks again it will be a pure miracle. In fact, I've heard from people that he has to use a rascal scooter to do wind sprints at the end of practice.

Comment

If I recall correctly, there have been some NBA players with the same injury and have come back and haven't lost much if any athletic ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            If I recall correctly, there have been some NBA players with the same injury and have come back and haven't lost much if any athletic ability.
            Ron Baker and Kevin Durant both had similar injuries. We all saw (unfortunately) the toll it took on Bakes game the following three years. And KD, that guy is barely hanging on in the league.

Comment

Wasn't Landry's injury similar to the injury Ron sustained his redshirt freshman year except that Landry opted for surgery and Ron did not?

Comment

I don't remember seeing this posted.
                College basketball is just as dominated by the power programs as any other NCAA sport, though the little guys tend to make a lot more noise on the court than they do in football or other sports...

WSU ranked as the #2 Mid-Major Program

Comment

College basketball is just as dominated by the power programs as any other NCAA sport, though the little guys tend to make a lot more noise on the court than they do in football or other sports...

wichita state beat #1 ranked gonzaga on their way to the final four, so i don't know why they aren't considered the kingpin.

but even more, that mid-major title is bullschitt. you're a player or you aren't. it didn't used to be like this at all, for you younger fans that became shocker fans in the 90's (royalshock et al.). indiana state, unc charlotte, depaul, wichita state.. they were just big-time period during their era. roy williams approves of the "mid-major" label is all you need to know.

'shockers must win a national championship with prejudice like they won the nit title.. avg 18 pts per win. they must run over these lazy, slackjawed commentators that parrot these phrases. shockers, mid-major? get the ph*ck outta here, slackjaws.

Comment

With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

You've made these statements about Landry's injury multiple times and I fail to see how your assertions are informative or helpful.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

This poll is a joke! UNLV at 7! Seven?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        It's true. The 18 year old Landry we used to know is gone. He will now more closely resemble Benjamin Button, 20 minutes 36 into that movie.

If he dunks again it will be a pure miracle. In fact, I've heard from people that he has to use a rascal scooter to do wind sprints at the end of practice.
                        Ha-ha. That was good and appreciated.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Bleacher Report has listing of top 25 sophomores for next year...no mention of MM. Boy that is going to change quickly i feel!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                            Bleacher Report has listing of top 25 sophomores for next year...no mention of MM. Boy that is going to change quickly i feel!
                            As much as I believe they are wrong, good. I love that he, along with the rest of our guys are flying under the radar. Less pressure on them. Nothing to prove. Go out there and play ball. Those accolades will be found at the other end of the season.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

We always perform best under the radar and with chips on our shoulders.

I think our biggest problem last year aside from Fred's injury was the seniors put WAY too much pressure on themselves. This year, just go out and ball and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X