2016 Summer Scrimmage Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Summer Scrimmage Reports

I'm disappointed in no scrimmage report yet? kc star just did a podcast on a KU June scrimmage report. Will PLAY ANGRY do a Scrimage podcast?

bump
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Somebody that knows some players or their parents or something needs to find out when they will start running if they haven't already.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I asked Daishon to let me know if he hears anything.. Will provide updates if there are any

Comment

If they're on campus, you can bet they are playing ball. Coach probably tells them to stay off social media for anything basketball related.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            If they're on campus, you can bet they are playing ball. Coach probably tells them to stay off social media for anything basketball related.
            I get that, but usually once they've started scrimmaging, someone somewhere finds out about it and lets the rest of us in on it. Haven't seen any of that so far. Then again, maybe it was just the new guys coming in a little before the returning players, I have no idea.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Coach probably tells them to stay off social media for anything basketball related.
              Coach is a wise man...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Coach is a wise man...

You are on your game today!!!
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

You can check most of the returner's twitter pages and see that they are back in town. I think they all came back first week of June.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                    You are on your game today!!!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                      I asked Daishon to let me know if he hears anything.. Will provide updates if there are any
                      What I like to hear...

Daishon Smith @Humnbled1_
                      Never been pushed so hard

Comment

Today's Scrimmage

I attended today's scrimmage along with a friend. The team started showing up a little after 5 PM. All the scholarship players were there except Peyton Allen who was in a class at the time. When the players walked into the MP facility, many of them came over and shook our hands & called us "sir". We paid the most attention to the new players so we can associate names with faces. As a 1st impression, the new player that stood out the most was Darylynn Willis. He looks like the real deal in terms of athleticism. We didn't see enough to see how his post up moves are, but he runs extremely well. He also looks like a rebounder!

Austin Reeves told me that he can start contact drills in mid-July after a shoulder recovers from an operation to repair a torn labrum. I forget which shoulder it is. We watched him shooting on the S court at the Multi-Purpose facility at CKA. I happened to catch sight of him once take a quick step to the left, then a quick step to the right, & then rise up for a jumper with a quick release to hit a long one. He showed off his ball handling ability before that. I knew he played club basketball in AR. He said there are 2 AAU teams in AR, & he played on the one based in Little Rock.

It was good to see Markis McDuffy in action. He moves so well with the ball. It looks like he hasn't added enough weight yet, but that will come as the summer progresses. Eric Hamilton's athleticism is among the best on the team. Now if he can just get his act together. We talked to him about his athleticism. He knows he needs to keep working hard to improve. Eric also said that Connor Frankamp is the best outside shooter he's ever seen. Daishon Smith looked pretty good. He was very friendly with us before the scrimmage started. Brett Barney, the RS 6-9 walk-on showed once again that he is a shooter. Rauno Nurger looked pretty buff. I don't know how much he weighs now, but he definitely looks like he's been working out. It was especially good to see Landry Shamet in action again. He is really talented. There are 2 new walk-ons. One with the last name of Shaleen (sp?) showed up 2 days ago. There is also a cousin of Zach Brown's from Houston there, now too. That's it for the time being. I want to watch the team again later in the summer after the coaches have worked with the new players awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                          I attended today's scrimmage along with a friend. The team started showing up a little after 5 PM. All the scholarship players were there except Peyton Allen who was in a class at the time. When the players walked into the MP facility, many of them came over and shook our hands & called us "sir". We paid the most attention to the new players so we can associate names with faces. As a 1st impression, the new player that stood out the most was Darylynn Willis. He looks like the real deal in terms of athleticism. We didn't see enough to see how his post up moves are, but he runs extremely well. He also looks like a rebounder!

Austin Reeves told me that he can start contact drills in mid-July after a shoulder recovers from an operation to repair a torn labrum. I forget which shoulder it is. We watched him shooting on the S court at the Multi-Purpose facility at CKA. I happened to catch sight of him once take a quick step to the left, then a quick step to the right, & then rise up for a jumper with a quick release to hit a long one. He showed off his ball handling ability before that. I knew he played club basketball in AR. He said there are 2 AAU teams in AR, & he played on the one based in Little Rock.

It was good to see Markis McDuffy in action. He moves so well with the ball. It looks like he hasn't added enough weight yet, but that will come as the summer progresses. Eric Hamilton's athleticism is among the best on the team. Now if he can just get his act together. We talked to him about his athleticism. He knows he needs to keep working hard to improve. Eric also said that Connor Frankamp is the best outside shooter he's ever seen. Daishon Smith looked pretty good. He was very friendly with us before the scrimmage started. Brett Barney, the RS 6-9 walk-on showed once again that he is a shooter. Rauno Nurger looked pretty buff. I don't know how much he weighs now, but he definitely looks like he's been working out. It was especially good to see Landry Shamet in action again. He is really talented. There are 2 new walk-ons. One with the last name of Shaleen (sp?) showed up 2 days ago. There is also a cousin of Zach Brown's from Houston there, now too. That's it for the time being. I want to watch the team again later in the summer after the coaches have worked with the new players awhile.
                          Do they usually scrimmage every day around that time?

Comment

The scrimmages are available to the public, correct? Where are they usually? Just need a few reminders, been a while since I've had free time this time of year
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post

Thanks for the report! Anything to keep me going in the summer!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X