No announcement yet.

2016 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an NBA fan, and I love the entire concept of "drafts". No matter what league. I'd watch the NHL draft if I knew it was on, or what it was about. So naturally I watched the whole thing last night.

Now, whenever you start to think the NBA draft follows the logic of normal people, just remember our friends up the highway in Larry Town. They were very good this year, lots of talent as usual. Yet the only guy on their team that got drafted was the goof that, after months of practice, couldn't figure out any of the plays or how to avoid being made a fool of on defense. The kid that could barely get in the game because his performance was so bad, got selected at the top of the 2nd round, while his competent and talented teammates went undrafted. That is all you have to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
      I'm an NBA fan, and I love the entire concept of "drafts". No matter what league. I'd watch the NHL draft if I knew it was on, or what it was about. So naturally I watched the whole thing last night.

Now, whenever you start to think the NBA draft follows the logic of normal people, just remember our friends up the highway in Larry Town. They were very good this year, lots of talent as usual. Yet the only guy on their team that got drafted was the goof that, after months of practice, couldn't figure out any of the plays or how to avoid being made a fool of on defense. The kid that could barely get in the game because his performance was so bad, got selected at the top of the 2nd round, while his competent and talented teammates went undrafted. That is all you have to know.
      But he has a 7'4" wingspan and threw up a couple nice hook shots at the NBA Combine, he must be good.

Comment

• This is an article I wrote about the draft, if you are interested.

By all accounts, it is the worst time to be a mid-major draft prospect. The draft is less and less about proven prospects and more about unproven potential. In fact, in this year's first round, 8...
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
          This is an article I wrote about the draft, if you are interested.

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...raft-prospects
          Most mid major guys that possess NBA talent are there for a reason. Most of the time it's because they don't have the build. They are too short, can't jump, or have narrow shoulders. Cle wasn't ignored. The real problem for mid major talent is that the draft is only two rounds. Teams don't need more than 2 picks usually. The high number of euro players taken is because those guys are already getting paid and can stay over there if they choose- hence draft and stash. If they ever decide to come over, the team that drafted them holds their rights. It helps teams that already have full rosters.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
          X