No announcement yet.

2016 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron scrimmaging on ESPN 2 right now. Looks very comfortable so far.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
      I have been watching, but haven't seen him besides watching on the sidelines.
      He's on right now. On the white team on ESPN2.

Playing against Perry Ellis.

Comment

Missed a couple threes, but got an And-1 and made the free throw.

Honestly, these games can be chaotic at times as guys get used to the shorter shot clock, better athletes at every position, and don't really have the chance to implement or run an offense. I don't think scouts put a ton of stock into these things unless a glaring weakness or obvious strength is uncovered. But usually, that's been vetted against decent competition already.

I did find it humorous to see the guys in the background practicing their vertical jump before the testing.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Ron's D has been outstanding as you would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
            Ron's D has been outstanding as you would expect.
            As has his defense.

I know, I know.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I don't want to see these dudes talking with the game in the background... Show the scrimmage, I don't mind listening to them talk about other things but I don't need to see Bilas' face over actual basketball.

Edit: spelling. Looking at the tv and using a phone is just too much, apparently.

Comment

If on watchESPN go to the NBA and there is a scrimmage camera with no commentary.

Comment

They did him no favors putting him on this team. Some bad basketball.

Comment

The team he was on the final score is meaningless. Ron looks like a guy that can play at any level. He's not flashy but he also doesn't do anything stupid, plus he plays really good D.

Comment

Watched the replay. Ron was 3-5 from the field (both misses from 3), 2-3 from the line. A couple steals, a couple turnovers. As previously mentioned, good defense. Reminded me of the Pam-Am games, many looking for shots, Ron playing solid team basketball.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

One other odd little tidbit from the measurement sheet: Baker the Maker has the same size hands as does the much taller Thon the Maker.
                        Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 13, 2016, 08:45 AM. Reason: sleepy typo

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          One other odd little tidbit from the measurement sheet: Baker the Maker has the same size hands as does the much taller Thon the Maker.
                          And much bigger than Donald Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            And much bigger than Donald Trump!
                            And we all know what that means. Thats right big gloves
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              It will be interesting to see if Thon even gets drafted. The hype was out of control although he was a kid that was never going to step foot on a college campus anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                It will be interesting to see if Thon even gets drafted. The hype was out of control although he was a kid that was never going to step foot on a college campus anyway.
                                There's not a single doubt in my mind that he will get drafted. He's got way too much upside not to. We all know these NBA guys are all about that "upside potential".
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X