2016-2017 Starting PG Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proshox View Post
    It can compete with that line up, but one should note we hardly played that lineup.
    One wonders why, if it would have been so good offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      One wonders why, if it would have been so good offensively.
      Trust. Three four/five year seniors are hard to displace. They were so good on the defensive end of the court that it would have been a hard trade to make. Also, next year's version of these guys is not equal to this year's version. It is unreasonable to expect them to play worse.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        They had a good team (Texas) when they didn't put their head up their backside (TA&M) for 30 sec.
        Speaking of "turds"; UNI's was legendary...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I saw somewhere TA&M had a 1 in 3000 chance of winning that game at the 44 second mark. Leave it up to a Valley team to screw the pooch.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            My apologies, my comment honestly was not aimed at yours, but at others with sarcasm. Everyone has the right to be upset with whatever upsets you. And likewise, happy and joyous with whatever good times happen along.

My point is simply that to EXPECT to be better next year, as a FAN (not a coach or player) is unreasonable.
            Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
              My comments were based on years of playing, coaching, and observing this game. If you believe 2016 was the pinnacle, well I'm sorry but we were CBI level on offense. So do you think its a pipe dream and IRRESPONSIBLE to expect our offense will be better than CBI level next season?

Ron & Fred are leaving this program in better shape than when they arrived. And next years team will show that.

Our season next year, good or bad, is not a reflection on Ron nor Fred. It will be a reflection of the 2017 players and coaches. We have kids that are special. Especially special in the MVC.

Don't sell our 2017 team short.
              If next year's team shoots as poorly as this year's team, then I think there is sometime wrong with the way we run our offense.

Comment

The returning players with the most minutes at PG are Taylor and Simon.

If Frankamp was being groomed as the next PG, you would think that he might have at least gotten mop-up minutes that Simon or Taylor got.

Marshall has an incredibly extensive and complex offensive system and only a walk-on that seems to understand and know it. We better hope that Taylor is still here next year and that he can figure out the offense after a year. Frankamp has not shown that or he would have been backing FVV at PG instead of moving Baker out of position when FVV needed a break.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  The returning players with the most minutes at PG are Taylor and Simon.

If Frankamp was being groomed as the next PG, you would think that he might have at least gotten mop-up minutes that Simon or Taylor got.

Marshall has an incredibly extensive and complex offensive system and only a walk-on that seems to understand and know it. We better hope that Taylor is still here next year and that he can figure out the offense after a year. Frankamp has not shown that or he would have been backing FVV at PG instead of moving Baker out of position when FVV needed a break.
                  I am not sure that you have facts on your side. If you do, are you suggesting that two players who played no meaningful minutes are going to surpass the only returning guard that did play? Just to keep fact on the table, I seem to remember a whole lot of CF in conference play, Arch Madness, and The NCAA tournament. I don't recall TT or JS playing.

Baker was the backup and sometimes number one point guard for three years. HCGM wants Ron to play in the NBA which means he had to be a good point guard in college.

Chris Paul wouldn't have bumped him this year. This is not that difficult to understand.

Comment

I am not sure that you have facts on your side. If you do, are you suggesting that two players who played no meaningful minutes are going to surpass the only returning guard that did play? Just to keep fact on the table, I seem to remember a whole lot of CF in conference play, Arch Madness, and The NCAA tournament. I don't recall TT or JS playing.

Baker was the backup and sometimes number one point guard for three years. HCGM wants Ron to play in the NBA which means he had to be a good point guard in college.

Chris Paul wouldn't have bumped him this year. This is not that difficult to understand
                    I have now heard this several times from posters and I'm not sure how to take it.

For those that agree with this, are you saying that HCGM puts Ron's future to possibly play in the NBA above that of the betterment of the team (current and future), other players (those in their last year and those playing next year), the fans' wish for the best for the team present and future, and that of the fans and supporters who pay his meal ticket and may what the best for the team present and future?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      I have now heard this several times from posters and I'm not sure how to take it.

For those that agree with this, are you saying that HCGM puts Ron's future to possibly play in the NBA above that of the betterment of the team (current and future), other players (those in their last year and those playing next year), the fans' wish for the best for the team present and future, and that of the fans and supporters who pay his meal ticket and may what the best for the team present and future?
                      The reality is that it doesn't hurt to have Ron run the team and most of you seem to think CF should play the two so it isn't like we were missing out on Ron's shooting at the two spot. Ron had three years of experience doing it and one could argue that the two positions are interchangeable. In fact, when we were pressed the ball actually was passed back to CF.

Having a former walk on become an NBA player is huge for WSU's recruiting. HCGM has said as much publicly. So I stand by my statement that our offense had elements that were strictly inserted to demonstrate Ron's ability to play at the next level.

Comment

The reality is that it doesn't hurt to have Ron run the team and most of you seem to think CF should play the two so it isn't like we were missing out on Ron's shooting at the two spot. Ron had three years of experience doing it and one could argue that the two positions are interchangeable. In fact, when we were pressed the ball actually was passed back to CF.

Having a former walk on become an NBA player is huge for WSU's recruiting. HCGM has said as much publicly. So I stand by my statement that our offense had elements that were strictly inserted to demonstrate Ron's ability to play at the next level.
                        Just to be clear, I'm of the opinion that Ron played the point because it was better for the team for him to do so as far as Marshall was concerned. That the benefit of this was greater for the current year team, than the potential gain in benefit for next year's team. At best, I feel that putting Ron at the point over CF as to gain him better exposure for the NBA was merely a tie breaker in HCGM's decision making.

While having a walk on become an NBA player is big stuff for WSU recruiting, so would be playing the best players at their best positions for the team throughout the season if it would mean an extra win or two that would have gotten us a better seed that could have lead to another S16 or E8. That to would have been better for Ron (and the team). I do not believe this is the case and refer back to my statement above.

The only thing I might question is not playing CF at the point over Ron where the game was already well in hand. Playing Ron at the 1 in that instance would have shown little to NBA scouts, but have been good experience for CF. I didn't see that happen and that's why I might question CF as our starting PG.

Comment

Not really sure who will be the PG next year, but I'm extremely confident that Conner and Landry will start if healthy. I'm also quite confident that Taylor and Simon will play much fewer minutes than those two.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Landry has a year and half less playing time experience than Conner and has never played point guard in D1. He's pretty far behind the curve, IMO. I see him being a primary backup in the smae role Ron had.

Comment

PG - Conner/Smith/Taylor
                              SG - Landry/Allen/Keyser

RS/Sunrise - Reaves
                              The Assman

Comment

Ignore...I meant to include quotes and didn't, now I can't find a way to delete.
                                Last edited by tempshock; March 23, 2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X