2016-2017 Starting PG Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Are Duke, UK, UNC, Syracuse, KU in bad shape? Because they regularly expect freshmen to come in and contribute.
    Marshall doesn't even attempt to recruit the guys those schools count on to contribute as Freshmen.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Marshall doesn't even attempt to recruit the guys those schools count on to contribute as Freshmen.
      I agree, and I'm glad he doesn't, but that doesn't change the fact that counting on a freshman to contribute doesn't mean a program is in trouble.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Chance of him being our starting point guard next year is less than 1%
        While I am not promoting that AR is most likely our PG, I'm not sure that your less than 1% is right either.

Of LS, CF, TT, and DS, who has the most in game experience for WSU? I believe the answer is TT a freshman with 2 games plus short, late spot opportunities. LS, RS freshman due to injury is zero. CF? You tell me how much you've seen him at PG? While DS has 2 years experience, it is juco ball, and he has no more experience than AR with WSU.

Obviously, I'm looking at one extreme here. Other than AR, all but DS have had at least one year of learning and/or practicing in Marshall's program. That should give them a big step ahead just like DS's juco experience will help him. CF had limited time at PG with KU, but I haven't seen that translate in a positive manner for the Shockers.

If DS is anything like Hannah or Ragland, I expect him, at some point, to take over the reins at PG. However, it is not like any of our candidates were back-ups to FVV except JRS and he will probably see time at PG early because of it. I do not expect him to be doing that as much as the season goes along.

The competition for eventual starting PG is pretty wide open, therefore, most anything can happen.

Comment

• Connor Frankamp is not our starting point next year... Period, too soft, it's gotta be Landry or Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShocker2 View Post
            Now to get banned from ShockerNet......

Ron and Fred arguably had their worst seasons this year (statistically and via the "eye test"). They controlled the offense, which would be fine, but it was chronically lethargic all year. Ball screens at the perimeter until the shot clock is under 10 seconds and were scrambling to get up a shot. How many times did we see it this year? Our offense was downright bad and FVV and RB were running the show. Ron specifically seemed to change his game this season to more fit what he would be doing in the NBA (ISO, step backs, turn around jumpers... a lot of 1-on-1). Whereas in previous years he attacked the basket, ran the floor, and knocked down big shots. Fred was hurt at the beginning of the season, so I get it, but by March, we shouldn't be struggling to hang 50 points on UNI. It is unacceptable at this point in where the program is at. Part of issue (again, this is all just my opinion, put your pitchforks away) was that the younger guys didn't want to mess it up for RB and FVV, so they deferred to them on offense, which magnified the flat, no movement offense we seemed to always get stuck in. I think a good portion of Frankamp's issues with confidence this year stem from deferring to Ron and Fred to run the show offensively as opposed to playing his game (which was desperately needed when we were on 4 minute + droughts).

Hopefully Landry was hanging on every one of Fred's words this season and soaked as much as possible.
            Thank God, someone finally said it. RB changed his game, and it looked gross.

Landry is our PG. CF can't succeed at the only thing he is good at.

Comment

• What the hell is in the water? Shockernet is going downhill fast...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X