• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    PG - Conner/Smith/Taylor
    SG - Landry/Allen/Keyser

RS/Sunrise - Reaves
    Do you guys see Reaves at sunrise and then a redshirt at wsu?

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
      Do you guys see Reaves at sunrise and then a redshirt at wsu?
      IMO barring any issues with recovery from shoulder surgery - AR will see considerable court time for the Shockers in 2016-2017 season!

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        PG - Conner/Smith/Taylor
        SG - Landry/Allen/Keyser

RS/Sunrise - Reaves
        I am interested to watch AR and CJ work to establish themselves as the premier Freshman next season - a similar contest to what was unfolding this past season with LS and MM until LS injured his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          I am interested to watch AR and CJ work to establish themselves as the premier Freshman next season - a similar contest to what was unfolding this past season with LS and MM until LS injured his foot.
          That would be ideal.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Baker and Van Vleet were great, but the major 🔑 is Marshall, he is bringing in assistants that are helping bring in grade A talent...

Comment

The cupboard is full. I'm not worried.

Comment

I would prefer neither Landry nor Conner be the primary point guard (assuming we have another viable candidate), freeing them up to concentrate on being a 2 guard and scoring. Look at Hield. It seems to me that he doesn't have responsibility for bringing the ball up the court nor does he have primary point guard duties regarding distributing people on the court. Oklahoma has two other guards that have that job, leaving Hield open to do what he does best -- score. But what do I know. I will leave that decision in the very capable hands of Coach Marshall.

Comment

I'd prefer seeing Frankamp at PG rather than at SG. Frankamp is a career 34% shot from 3 and he's 6'0". There aren't many MVC schools with 6' SG's who hit 34% from 3.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                    IMO barring any issues with recovery from shoulder surgery - AR will see considerable court time for the Shockers in 2016-2017 season!
                    If this happens, something has gone terribly wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I'd prefer seeing Frankamp at PG rather than at SG. Frankamp is a career 34% shot from 3 and he's 6'0". There aren't many MVC schools with 6' SG's who hit 34% from 3.
                      Let's ignore his shooting averages for the conference and post season to make a point.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Just what do you think has to "go terribly wrong" with the Shockers next season for AR to capture "considerable court time" next season?

IMO by the start of the conference play his play will have established himself as an important cog in the Shockers' rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          Let's ignore his shooting averages for the conference and post season to make a point.
                          I don't understand your point. I added up the number of 3's he attempted and made at KU and at WSU and divided the number made by the number attempted. I don't believe I ignored anything.

In conference games this year, Frankamp was tied for 23rd overall in 3-pt. % (among players with a significant number of attempts). Oddly enough, he was tied with Baker.

I admit I haven't looked at 3-pt. % in only post season play. That seems like a relatively small sample size compared to the total number of 3's he's attempted in D1, including post-season games.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I shouldn't try to interpret what Doc us saying, but I think he's saying that it is wrong to give high school recruits and signees positions over others with experience before they earn it. Gregg will not give them anything. Defense will always come first. Too many times we get excited about recruits who have proven potential but nothing else. If this what he is saying, I agree with him.

Comment

• Are there really people that think the answer at point could be JR? If he plays a lot we would have missed on several scholarship recruits (evaluation wise). The coaching staff has never been that off on the recruiting front, if we are now get Chris Jan's signed up April 1st.

Comment

• This thread was interesting...and then it started to make my head hurt.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X