John Robert Simon
    2.68%
    Landry Shamet
    40.27%
    Ty Taylor II
    3.36%
    Other
    1.34%
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

LS or someone not on campus in 2015-2016.

Comment

Where is the "I have no fuggin idea" button?

Comment

I assumed opening game starter, so that puts Daishon at a big disadvantage. I'm going with Conner just due to experience and taking care of the ball aspects - both Marshall "must haves". Would not be surprised to see someone else earn the job later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
          I assumed opening game starter, so that puts Daishon at a big disadvantage. I'm going with Conner just due to experience and taking care of the ball aspects - both Marshall "must haves". Would not be surprised to see someone else earn the job later in the year.
          They will have an overseas trip next year which would negate some of Daishon's disadvantage for opening day starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
            If CF were to permanently lose a starting job and assuming he remains in the rotation, will he have the confidence to remain productive?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
              If CF were to permanently lose a starting job and assuming he remains in the rotation, will he have the confidence to remain productive?
              Given how CF was a bit spooked by the pressure from the home crowd, I could imagine him having more trouble adjusting to changed rolls than many in the program (Demetric Williams for me always seemed exemplary of accepting whatever roll and he moved from bench to starter a lot).

Playing the hypothetical game in March, I think CF will be the starter all next year at one of the two guard spots, probably the 2 b/c he'll be one of our two best options.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Given how CF was a bit spooked by the pressure from the home crowd, I could imagine him having more trouble adjusting to changed rolls than many in the program (Demetric Williams for me always seemed exemplary of accepting whatever roll and he moved from bench to starter a lot).

Playing the hypothetical game in March, I think CF will be the starter all next year at one of the two guard spots, probably the 2 b/c he'll be one of our two best options.
                Instead of a shooting coach for the team, maybe we need a full-time psychiatrist to get Conner over the spookedness. Really, people, just how long can his CKA jitters prevail? Not that he's been the all-world shooter elsewhere, either, except for a couple of 2-4 outings. I think CF is a much better creator and shooter off the dribble than catch and shoot, but that is just my personal observation. If so, that really makes him more of a one-on-one create-his-shot type of guard who is going to do a lot of dribbling. I hope I am surprised and he will become a true point guard and create for others. But 13 home games attributed to jitters, NOT! The crowd gasps hopefully when any Shocker shoots a three. There's got to be something else. Trusting 3G to find it and cure it.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Is this one of those elections where someone can win the popular vote but lose based on delegates?

Comment

Due to a loophole in the NCAA rule book and a clerical error during his time at Randolph Macon, Greg Marshall once again becomes the man behind the mask and assumes the role of PG and leads Coach Gregg Marshall's Wichita State Shockers to their first national championship.

Comment

I think the guard rotation, as of right now, would be:

PG: Landry Shamet, Daishon Smith, Conner Frankamp, Ty Taylor (possible departure if he doesn't improve)
                      SG: Conner Frankamp, Peyton Allen, Landry Shamet, Austin Reeves (possible red-shirt if he doesn't compete for major minutes)
                      SF: Zach Brown, CJ Keyser, Markis McDuffie, Peyton Allen

I see Landry as the most "pure point" of the bunch, and with a season of redshirting under his belt at PG I think he is the frontrunner. However, Daishon Smith might overtake him with his extra years of JUCO ball. Conner I see getting the majority of his minutes at the 2. Just going off the number of guards we have, we'll either have 2-3 departures/redshirts or we'll be seeing a ton of 3-guard sets, or both. Keyser, Allen, and maybe Reeves can be that 3rd guard but I think Keyser has the best odds, because coach has described him as a taller Tekele Cotton who he mostly played at SF.

The questionable candidates are Ty Taylor and Reeves. I think they are both good candidates to redshirt, for a couple reasons. Smith is not likely to redshirt as a JUCO, and Allen can't. Keyser might redshirt, but there are fewer people ahead of him at SF so he probably has a better shot at minutes. At the very least I think that if we had to play a basketball game tomorrow 60m would be divided among Conner, Landry, and Daishon and behind them is Peyton. Given the way Marshall stuck with Wessel, I think it is going to be very difficult for anyone to steal a starting spot or minutes from Zach Brown.

I think our most likely starting 5 is: Shamet/Smith, Frankamp, Bush, McDuffie/Willis, Morris. Our 4-5 man bench would probably be: Shamet/Smith, McDuffie/Willis, Allen, Nurger, Kelly. If anyone else gets in that group without injuries being a factor, we are in luck because it means someone has taken very big steps and will be a very effective starter for 2-4 years. IE, if Austin Reeves is our starting SG we may have another Baker-level talent on our hands.

Comment

Paul Suellentrop
                        ‏@PaulS:uellentrop
                        Paul Suellentrop Retweeted Tim Richardson

It's way early. Both are possible.

@PaulS:uellentrop I know it's way early, but do you think Landry Shamet will start at point guard? And what about Darrilyn Willis at PF?

Comment

I'm going with a 51% chance Shamet, 49% chance Frankamp.... which means I think it's a toss-up with the edge going to Shamet

Comment

I believe Shamet becomes starting PG and CF moves into the Ron Baker role
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              I think the guard rotation, as of right now, would be:

PG: Landry Shamet, Daishon Smith, Conner Frankamp, Ty Taylor (possible departure if he doesn't improve)
                              SG: Conner Frankamp, Peyton Allen, Landry Shamet, Austin Reeves (possible red-shirt if he doesn't compete for major minutes)
                              SF: Zach Brown, CJ Keyser, Markis McDuffie, Peyton Allen

I see Landry as the most "pure point" of the bunch, and with a season of redshirting under his belt at PG I think he is the frontrunner. However, Daishon Smith might overtake him with his extra years of JUCO ball. Conner I see getting the majority of his minutes at the 2. Just going off the number of guards we have, we'll either have 2-3 departures/redshirts or we'll be seeing a ton of 3-guard sets, or both. Keyser, Allen, and maybe Reeves can be that 3rd guard but I think Keyser has the best odds, because coach has described him as a taller Tekele Cotton who he mostly played at SF.

The questionable candidates are Ty Taylor and Reeves. I think they are both good candidates to redshirt, for a couple reasons. Smith is not likely to redshirt as a JUCO, and Allen can't. Keyser might redshirt, but there are fewer people ahead of him at SF so he probably has a better shot at minutes. At the very least I think that if we had to play a basketball game tomorrow 60m would be divided among Conner, Landry, and Daishon and behind them is Peyton. Given the way Marshall stuck with Wessel, I think it is going to be very difficult for anyone to steal a starting spot or minutes from Zach Brown.

I think our most likely starting 5 is: Shamet/Smith, Frankamp, Bush, McDuffie/Willis, Morris. Our 4-5 man bench would probably be: Shamet/Smith, McDuffie/Willis, Allen, Nurger, Kelly. If anyone else gets in that group without injuries being a factor, we are in luck because it means someone has taken very big steps and will be a very effective starter for 2-4 years. IE, if Austin Reeves is our starting SG we may have another Baker-level talent on our hands.
                              I'd be real surprised if Keyser, as a raw freshman, is ahead of anybody at the 3 you listed. I also think Allen will play more 3 than 2.

Landry is our #1 SG unless he is needed at the PG. The less he is needed at the 1, the more time he sees at the 2. He will likely get 25-30 mpg one way or another.

With the dynamics of the unknown with next year's team, it is very hard to say who is going to get what minutes or even play more one position than another. If Shaq is able to hold down 25 mpg and Willis adapts quickly and plays well, he'll see time at the 4 as well as the 5. If Brown and Allen demand more time than Kelly, McDuffie will see less at the 3 and more at the 4. Just examples.

Comment

Working...
                              X