WSU Versus Vanderbilt Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already clock problems in Dayton.

This should make coach Marshall at ease.

Welcome to St. Lou-East.

Comment

• Could it be we will shoot the lights out tonight on field goal %. If so, we need Grady and Shaq to make no more fouls 40' from our own hoop and establish our inside game. Then our bigs when covered up by 7-footers everywhere, they look can kick it to our open guards for wide open shots. I'm thinking Baker and FVV will be our catalysts, even with attracting a crowd, but I predict CF will lead us on made 3-point shots tonight. We know Vandy will be chucking up their share of 3's.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• "could it be............."

Comment

• If the assist # is high for the Shox.....good things will happen. If Fred's late shot clock shot count is high.....not good things.
          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• FGCU is good man
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              I predict CF will lead us on made 3-point shots tonight. We know Vandy will be chucking up their share of 3's.
              That may or may not be good. Connor lead the way in the UNI game hitting 1 of 2. Fred was 1 of 5 and the rest of the team was 0-17.

Comment

• As Coach Marshall said, it is now single elimination which means a loss is the Seniors last College game. Our 5 Seniors did not prepare hard for so long not to execute and give it 110%. What if they are not at all done at this here Dance?

Just think, when you play in the 'poor man's Elite 8 play in game' and win, the farther we advance, the more fuss the Media will give about us. Our team was snubbed somewhat, and may just come out with "the eye of the tiger" mentality and prove some skeptics wrong---very very wrong!!!!!!!

That pass years ago over the heads of 3 Shockers to our demise left a bad taste in my mouth. I reckon the reckoning tonight with a win could remedy some of this mental anguish.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  That may or may not be good. Connor lead the way in the UNI game hitting 1 of 2. Fred was 1 of 5 and the rest of the team was 0-17.
                  This can only mean we are not just due. We are very overdue? The balance of shots now must hit full throttle we hope.

Comment

• Thank you Fred, Ron and Evan. You have taken us on one helluva a fun ride. I know you're determined to take a few more laps in your careers and will give it everything you have. I can't speak for everyone but regardless of how many more laps you go I am behind you 100%. I know the great majority of Shocker fans feel the same way.

Anton you have had a scary yet year but have been an inspiration the way you have battled back. Talk about a player who is battle scarred. Hope you have a wonderful experience in your 1st NCAA appearance and have a storybook finish to your career.

Bush not sure what opportunities you will get but with Vanderbilt's size we may need you here and there. You would be forever loved as a Shocker if you could duplicate your effort that you gave us against KU last year.

Okay underclassmen. Time to eliminate the underclass from that description and become men. I am confident you will do everything you can to help the seniors prolong their careers. Keep your heads up, fight heard and play loose. Show us that the future remains bright for Shocker basketball.

Godspeed and Good Luck Guys! Let's show the nation what Shocker basketball is all about.

Comment

• We have a season's worth of data that shows the Shox can't throw a golf ball into the Atlantic Ocean, who are coming off back-to-back games that would make Paul Westhead go bald and yet, the overwhelming majority sees a win against a great defensive team. I love you guys, pumpers or no pumpers, Shocker fans are one of the best.

It's asking a lot from these young men to not perform to their season shooting averages. They've only had a week to see if they can get it all figured out. That's not a lot of time. I'm hoping for a little luck, Vandy not showing up, and the Shox start getting hot. Carpe Diem!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        This can only mean we are not just due. We are very overdue? The balance of shots now must hit full throttle we hope.
                        Yes we are, but I hope we don't become a one dimensional team that has to rely on the 3 to win. I'm hoping to see some good ball and player movement. A lot of sharing of the basketball and a focused team effort that produces points in a myriad of ways.

Comment

• Wu pays his last respects to "The Dores"

"This is the end my only friend, the end........"

(If you're under 50 ask your parents)

Devlin Court 70

Really Weird Court 65
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Have not been this nervous since the KU game. Adult beverages begin in five minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              We have a season's worth of data that shows the Shox can't throw a golf ball into the Atlantic Ocean, who are coming off back-to-back games that would make Paul Westhead go bald and yet, the overwhelming majority sees a win against a great defensive team. I love you guys, pumpers or no pumpers, Shocker fans are one of the best.

It's asking a lot from these young men to not perform to their season shooting averages. They've only had a week to see if they can get it all figured out. That's not a lot of time. I'm hoping for a little luck, Vandy not showing up, and the Shox start getting hot. Carpe Diem!
                              If WSU shoots their season average they will be fine. If they shoot like the last 3 losses they have no chance. But the other last 18 games or so would be fine.

Comment

• You know...the type of defense we play wears the legs. Wears the legs on the offensive side. Late in the season ..it takes a toll. How many days off have we had off since our last game? I look for a much better shooting percentage tonight. I hear the Dayton arena is a friendly shooters gym.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X