Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    At today's NCAA Pre-Game Press conference:

Local Sports Reporter Question ...your facing to all-American caliber guards (Baker and Van Vleet) ...how familiar are you with them...?"

Wade Baldwin IV, Sophomore Guard for Vanderbilt, "I didn't know who they were until yesterday..."
    Do you think that comment got around to Fred and Ron?

Let's hope so.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Late money pouring onto WSU. Now up to -4 to -5.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          One thing our bigs do very well is force opposing big men out of the paint. If Vandy's big men are soft, this plays directly to our benefit ... if they can stay out of foul trouble.
          Yes, but they have bigs who can also hit jumpers outside of the paint. It's not an ideal match-up or WSU. Doesn't mean WSU can't win, but it's going to be a tall order. For a team without a rim protector, WSU can really defend, but WSU will have to hit their outside shots to have a chance. Points in the paint will likely be tough to come by.

Comment

• Originally posted by tempshock View Post
            Yes, but they have bigs who can also hit jumpers outside of the paint. It's not an ideal match-up or WSU. Doesn't mean WSU can't win, but it's going to be a tall order. For a team without a rim protector, WSU can really defend, but WSU will have to hit their outside shots to have a chance. Points in the paint will likely be tough to come by.
            While yes, our outside shots will be important, so will driving and getting their bigs in foul troubles. I'll gladly let them have multiple first half blocks if it means that their bigs are in foul trouble early.

Comment

• I think everyone would agree that Frankamps season has been a mystery, certainly not the year most of us expected. Although I will say he's played better D than I thought coming into the season. But anyway, I would so LOVE for him to break loose and be the shooter we think he is. What better time than March madness!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                While yes, our outside shots will be important, so will driving and getting their bigs in foul troubles. I'll gladly let them have multiple first half blocks if it means that their bigs are in foul trouble early.
                This is one reason I'd love to see Duff at the 4 some early. He's long and can defend the 7'1" 4 that likes to shoot 3's, and the kid won't be able to defend him on the outside if he can hit even just a couple of shots. If he tries, Duff can go around him and draw fouls. Rashard could cause the same trouble, but doesn't have to be defended out to the arc quite as much.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Sorry if this has been mentioned:

WSU will go 9 deep, all playing 15+ minutes per game. Vandy prefers to go only 6 deep, all 25+ minutes. Next 4 play 8-12 minutes.

WSU has 3 players who average over 2 fouls per game. Grady 2.8, Morris 2.7, and Brown 2.2 totaling 4 foul outs, 18 times having 4 fouls.

Vandy has 4 players who average over 2 fouls per game. Jones 3.3, Roberson 3.2, Baldwin 2.5, and Kornet 2.5 totaling 18 foul outs, 23 times having 4 fouls. Kornet has fouled out only once, but has gotten 4 fouls 7 times.

It would appear, Stallings would rather play his guys with some foul problems rather than go deeper into the bench. They probably have more late game fouls than WSU as well.

Comment

• Shockers D will be good enough to keep them in any game they play.

Will they hit enough shots to win?

Let's find out - 8 is too far away.

Comment

• This was just on ESPN u (on a mobile so I can't really embed it so if someone wants to make the photos look right go ahead)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• And the answer.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          For those saying they don't have truTV, you can ALWAYS stream all the games on CBS.com for free and legally. Even the play in games.
                          Btw, I was wrong. It's not on CBS.com, it's on NCAA.com. Here is the full link for streaming all games.

Live NCAA scores for every March Madness game, updated in real time and with links to highlights, statistics and the official NCAA bracket.

When the games are live, click on the game you want to watch. You can also download the app "NCAA March Madness Tournament Live" on your smart phone and watch them there.

Comment

• Really stoked to see these guys play again.

Good luck and GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• The one good thing about the play-in round, we don't have to wait another two or three days to watch WSU basketball. Tonite is going to be a tough match up for the Shox because they are going to have to score from the outside, not something they have done well this year. ZB, MM, and Wessel are going to have to make treys to help pull the defense out. I think it will be a close low scoring game....

Cornelius 59
                              Charles 63

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                                The one good thing about the play-in round, we don't have to wait another two or three days to watch WSU basketball. Tonite is going to be a tough match up for the Shox because they are going to have to score from the outside, not something they have done well this year. ZB, MM, and Wessel are going to have to make treys to help pull the defense out. I think it will be a close low scoring game....

Cornelius 59
                                Charles 63
                                Get easy buckets in transition, which The Shocks are as good as anybody at doing. Didn't check kenpom though because I couldn't stomach it. Maybe one of these fantasy geeks around here can fill us in.

Comment

Working...
                                X