Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Suellentrop
    ‏@PaulS:uellentrop

ESPN's Cory Alexander putting the pressure on Shockers fans. Says home-court advantage at UD Arena will go to them.

Comment

You would think that muller wouldnt want to give them any type of extra help seeing as his team benefits directly from wsu making a deep run through shared tourny money. I think he would do it just to stick it to us one good time though, and helping his old buddy would just be extra.
      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

You can bet your left nut that douchebag will give no favors to WSU. Not even a doubt.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shocks learn how to play offense again and win a tight one, pulling away late.

WSU 74
          Vandy 67

Comment

Shox 68
            Vandy 61

We wake up in the second half...

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
              You would think that muller wouldnt want to give them any type of extra help seeing as his team benefits directly from wsu making a deep run through shared tourny money. I think he would do it just to stick it to us one good time though, and helping his old buddy would just be extra.
              i don't think so. didn't dan mullet play under stallings at ilsu? he'll send stallings the tapes and a lucky rabbits foot too.. fed-ex priority.

Comment

They'll have more than enough film. In today's world, 3rd party companies specialize in this. They have databases of game film that can be sorted many ways for different video edits. They likely had "film" 2 minutes after the draw.

The Shocker scouting report DM will email is the real advantage. Player characteristics, game plan, what worked/didn't. Make no mistake, Vandy having an in with WSU's conference foe is a plus for them. Also dosen't mean they'll be better prepped or beat us. Just means they got a decent headstart.

I think we'll overcome, aggression/physicality/grit being the difference. It's about Jimmy n Joe's more than X's n O's on these quick turn games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                  I am not sure where to post this information. It does not seem worthy of its own thread.

It might have interest for those picking winners in championship bracket contests.

A Davidson math professor has made news for his bracket tips.

rdr
                  Key takeaway:

"Of teams with a 10 or higher seed, only two teams have won four games in the tournament (2.3 percent) and only four teams have ever won three games (4.5 percent).*"

To which Han Solo says: "Never tell me the odds."
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They beat A&M by 17 and Kentucky by 12 so they can be VERY good at times. Tough match up for EW
                    against their PF Korbet who is 7'1. I suspect MM and RK are going to play more minutes than EW. We
                    need to rebound / run to beat their big guys down the court and wear them out. We have more depth
                    and will need our bench to play well. Have to make these guys work and move defensively - can't allow
                    them to rest while we stand out top dribbling. Their starters are their main guys so wear them out !!!
                    Up tempo, rebound, run, attack, and relentless D..........Git er done Shocks 77-70

Comment

After enduring the St. Louis gut wrenching, clanging performance while a 12 year old UNI fan flips off the Shocker nation while his mom and dad act like fools after their umpteeth beer, (I guess you need to show your pre pubescent children how to get your drunk on), I have had no stomach for anything basketball related. I slowly recovered and am hoping the shocks find the shooting touch they displayed occasionally throughout the season. That said, I again implore coach to press these guys. I love 7 footers catching the ball at mid court to escape pressure. It makes them burn energy, pass in space, and burn shot clock. Get MM out on the front and force passes with some lofted passes and help get a few easy looks. I still think that is a major underutilized asset of the Shocks. Looking for a tough one, but I am not on the Vandy board....you pick your team. This isn't Vegas, it's Shockernet 72-68 good guys.
                      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Hopefully Vandy comes out like they did against Tenessee. If so we will blitz them by 20 within the first 10 minutes of the game. Only question after that is whether we would consequently blow it.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                          Muller doesn't care about the Valley. He is not looking to build a program, but for a quick smoke-n-mirrors type finish so he can make the jump out of the mvc.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                            KenPom gives us a 59% chance of taking this one.
                            Or, as KCShox would state it, a 41% chance we lose.

This is the Dance, anything can happen. I'm hopeful we'll find our offense again and Fred and Ron continue their NCAA Tourney ways. Unless the 2nd year guys step up Tuesday night, we're going to struggle and this will be a close game. I think the officiating gets better, or at least less sucky than what we've had to endure during Valley play and that will allow us to play angry and get a win.

Go Shox!

Comment

I saw Vandy play in person twice this year. I tought at the time I was looking at a Final 4 contender, but they went into a slump about mid season. I believe they've played better of late.

If both teams play their best, I don't think it is a good match-up for WSU because of the height advantage Vandy has. However, WSU plays great defense, and that's always a great equilizer. I do think WSU is going to have to play really well to beat them though. Vandy has several 7 footers, but a couple of them play a little soft. One of them, in particular, seemed way too content to stand around the 3 point line when I watched them. If Stallings can get his bigs to play strong in the paint, Vandy wins, but getting their bigs to do that may be easier said than done. Obviouly, WSU has the edge in guard play.

Comment

Originally posted by tempshock View Post
                                I saw Vandy play in person twice this year. I tought at the time I was looking at a Final 4 contender, but they went into a slump about mid season. I believe they've played better of late.

If both teams play their best, I don't think it is a good match-up for WSU because of the height advantage Vandy has. However, WSU plays great defense, and that's always a great equilizer. I do think WSU is going to have to play really well to beat them though. Vandy has several 7 footers, but a couple of them play a little soft. One of them, in particular, seemed way too content to stand around the 3 point line when I watched them. If Stallings can get his bigs to play strong in the paint, Vandy wins, but getting their bigs to do that may be easier said than done. Obviouly, WSU has the edge in guard play.
                                One thing our bigs do very well is force opposing big men out of the paint. If Vandy's big men are soft, this plays directly to our benefit ... if they can stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X