• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Sorry Ricky. You lost me at Ty.
    Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    At least he didn't say Rauno.

But, facts are that NOBODY else could make one.
    Ty has actually made 4-5 3pts over the last 5 games he played in.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      My only advise to Coach 3G is to ignore the advisory committee. I feel very confident he will follow this advise.
      Here is why you may be correct. Our Final 4 Season, we had a a rough patch of games which some folk on here wanted Armstud to the bench and FVV to take over. That did not happen and positive results followed. FVV did a fine job paying his dues as a sub and Armstud played very well after the rough patch for our Team.

Now my take on Ty. Before coming here, he Was the man. Here, he was to be developed in due time until FVV's injury. Thus at the tourney, he is thrown into the fray against 3 good teams. 3G has an agenda of what he expects out of a point guard which explains why that was not settled out in our NIT Championship Season until Rags was finally given the keys to the car 3/4 through that Season.

So Ty gets his chance to play and shine versus 3 talented tourney teams in a row. The going got tough. Who do you pass to and are there lots of options? Baker was covered up like a cheap suit. Shaq was soon on the pine with FVV to stay the rest of the tourney. Grady just was not ready like he was yesterday yet, and then the injury. NO CF yet but MM was starting to get playing time and looked solid. So it wasn't like Ty understood all of his duties yet and our team as a whole was indeed struggling. So when the going got tough, TY resorted back to what he did as a former "go to player and scorer" and he started shooting lots of shots and made a few but missed way too many. After enough of that, Mr. Simon was inserted in Ty's slot. He had his chance to redshirt before the Season began, but declined, so here we are. The potential with Ty is impressive but this was not the Season for many minutes and was he forewarned of that possibility. Stay tuned.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I like TT, but he might be the odd man out when push comes to shove.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          I think you're more than likely correct.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            My only advise to Coach 3G is to ignore the advisory committee. I feel very confident he will follow this advise.
            c
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The knee jerk reaction is to agree.

But the other thought is that we have a lot of options at guard, but a lot of uncertainty.

Hate to cut loose a guy with that kind of potential when we really have only 2 semi-known commodities coming back and neither with a full season under their belt with the Shocks.

We may need all the numbers we can get at guard next year.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

It was just some gallows humor.

Just somethin' to lighten the moment.

The best advice is "Play better."
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Nurger isn't save by any means either, if I had to bet money one way or the other.
                  The Assman

Comment

If Ty was at Evansville, and had a perpetual and mandatory green light as Colt and DJ, would he average 30 points a game?
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      It was just some gallows humor.

Just somethin' to lighten the moment.

The best advice is "Play better."

The best news is the Shockers are capable of following your outstanding advice

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        If Ty was at Evansville, and had a perpetual and mandatory green light as Colt and DJ, would he average 30 points a game?
                        Yes. Also while averaging 40 shots/game.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The players lost confidence. Lost confidence in shooting explains CF. Lost confidence explains FVV's struggle. I remember some gyms where, when I stepped in and started warm ups, I just felt...uncomfortable. Like certain golf holes get to my psyche now, some gyms then just got to me, and I was NOT playing near this level. St Louis just plays on our synapses; only time and success will shake that.

EDIT: or a change in conference!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                            The players lost confidence. Lost confidence in shooting explains CF. Lost confidence explains FVV's struggle. I remember some gyms where, when I stepped in and started warm ups, I just felt...uncomfortable. Like certain golf holes get to my psyche now, some gyms then just got to me, and I was NOT playing near this level. St Louis just plays on our synapses; only time and success will shake that.

EDIT: or a change in conference!
                            The mind can be a funny thing. I wonder how it might be affected if last year NBA projection was not to your liking and you come back for another year to improve the current season projection but the projection starts going down instead of up. Wonder if that could cause some sub conscious reactions. Like trying to do too much or possibly losing some fire. On the other hand it could kindle the fire
                            Probably handled differently by different individuals

Comment

Advice after the fact is worthless. GM is the captain of the ship..........period. Seems when we
                              lose ball movement is always the issue and after every loss the ball seems to move better the
                              next game. I believe the same pattern will play out. Now, this team has demonstrated they can
                              shoot 8% from beyond the arc but averages usually even out after time so I am hoping that the
                              rest of the season we shoot north of 40% deep and north of 45% when we really need it. When
                              we went to the F4 we got hot from deep at the right time. We are over due.

Comment

I usually agree with you 100%, but I HOPE NOT.....this kid has the raw talent few do...he may end up being spectacular...hopefully here...

Comment

Working...
                                X