MVC Tourney - WSU vs UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    The committee doesn't look at 2-23 as an aberration. They look at who won the games, who they played, and how they are playing at the end of the season.
    A fluke? Are you kidding? Look at our season 3 point percentage. Look at yesterday...look at the last UNI game. Worst shooting team Marshall has had.

Meant to reply to capital shock

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      That is what I am saying. If you have no conference tournament the only option would be for the auto-bid to go to the regular season champ. However, the purpose of the post-season tournaments are primarily financial and non-basketball reasons. To satisfy those monetary needs extend the tournament to 128 teams and by a week to replace those dollars. Probably would be more lucrative anyway.
      Totally agree with you on autobid going to postseason tourney winner. Don't agree with putting half the teams in the country into the big dance tho.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Make a mother ****ing play. What it boils down to. Go shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Totally agree with you on autobid going to postseason tourney winner. Don't agree with putting half the teams in the country into the big dance tho.
          I'm not much for that either but I realize it won't happen unless you provide a way to make up for the TV money that come from the Conference Tournaments.

Comment

• So we shot less than 10% from 3 today. How many times has this team shot less than 10% from 3? Never? What's our average for the season? It's at least three times better than that. We shoot our average from 3 and we win. Big. That simple.

Comment

• WSU played like **** today.

We played stupid. From chucking WAY too many threes, to fouling on offensive rebound attempts leading to free throws for UNI without even having to dribble upcourt, to a number of things.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I'm not much for that either but I realize it won't happen unless you provide a way to make up for the TV money that come from the Conference Tournaments.
                Unfortunately the reality isn't headed to "either or" -- it's headed toward "both".
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Evansville is so good, can't imagine anyone beating them ever.
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

• Its funny that some of you are already blaming the Power Conferences for us not making the tournament this year. Got to get out ahead if it, dont ya?

If we dont get in, which I dont think we will, it was because of us. Not Digger Phelps and the Power Conferences. We lost our biggest games and had some bad, bad losses. Lets just hope Louisville doesnt come calling for our coach at the end of the season.

Full disclaimer: Im pretty mad/annoyed from that loss still so Ill prob change my tune tomorrow.

Comment

• Next year better be an improvement for running plays. This season has been the 'defer to Fred and Ron' offense. Next year better be much improved for plays being run. The execution resulting from leaning on Fred has been pathetic at best. When coach decides to coach again, and Fred decides to be PG again and not a freaking hero....this team will get going in a positive direction. Until then, its one and done.
                      -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                        Its funny that some of you are already blaming the Power Conferences for us not making the tournament this year. Got to get out ahead if it, dont ya?

If we dont get in, which I dont think we will, it was because of us. Not Digger Phelps and the Power Conferences. We lost our biggest games and had some bad, bad losses. Lets just hope Louisville doesnt come calling for our coach at the end of the season.

Full disclaimer: Im pretty mad/annoyed from that loss still so Ill prob change my tune tomorrow.
                        Can you please quote any poster who said this, I must have missed it.
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• I hope Elgin listens to the CBS bvroadcast of the Evanville/InSU game. Once the game was into the mind-numbingly boring category, the announcers spent the rest of the time justifying why Jerry Palm is right when he says WSU shouldn't get into the tourney.

That's from the people paying to broadcast the league tournament! Maybe, just maybe, there might be somebody willing to broadcast the games who might refrain from bad-mouthing the league?
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• **** Elgin. We listened to him on talk angry and he doesn't even know the names of the players in the conference. Dude is a dipshit and he's lucky to have Marshall and Jacobsen around to save his shitty league.

Comment

• And **** CBS, Jerry Palm, and Drug Globblieb.

This next week and a half is going to be painful. I have no idea if we get into the tournament or not. I hope you guys are right and we are in but I have no faith in the selection committee. I won't be watching Selection Sunday this year.

Comment

• Was having cordial interaction with UNI fans, until this drunk blue-haired old sot walked into Lombardos where we were minding our own business when this wrinkled old ***** comes in taunting the WSU people. I tried to tip the waiter a c-note to spit in her pasta.

Comment

Working...
                                X