No announcement yet.

MVC Tourney - WSU vs UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, I was not impressed with UNI. In both L's. We just implode. UNI gave us every f***** reason to take the game from them. Zach Brown makes ONE free throw and it's over.

I'm sorry but I think I'll be pulling for EU/Indy State tomorrow. Sure, they get credit for executing the L's on us, but that was some FUGLY basketball. Can't believe we let such a predictable gameplan beat us. Not impressed.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; March 5, 2016, 05:24 PM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm trying to listen to the post game but I keep thinking MAKE A DAMN FREE THROW

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
        Congrats to UNI. We didn't deserve to win. And I hate to say it but I don't think we deserve to be in the tourney. Very disappointing year.
        I agree the Shocks didn't deserve to win. But I do think we deserve to be in the tournament although I am not totally confident about that. We certainly stunk up the Scottrade Center yesterday and today.

Comment

• 52 points in 45 minutes.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            I'm trying to listen to the post game but I keep thinking MAKE A DAMN FREE THROW
            where are you listening?

Comment

• Just wow.

Comment

• 12 seed.
                And they'll probably screw around and make a run. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                  where are you listening?
                  103.7 near a bunch of alcohol

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                    You are in your non conf SOS is going to be what puts you in. Right now I am going to spitball a 10 seed. We will see how everything shakes out from here until Selection Sunday.

The only problem could be if a ton of upsets happen for bid stealing. Root for the mid majors on the bubble to win their tournaments that have at large potential and no funny business in the A-10 and other conferences.
                    Please go away.

Comment

• Even the radio crew is choking.

Comment

• Sorry, those of you who are telling guys to "calm down" need to get some of the passion that those who aren't afraid to mention the deficiencies of this team have. The team needs more of that passion as well. Will yourselves to win!!! If you want to be a top rated team year in and year out, you have to win big games. We blew three big games this year in nearly the exact same manner. We couldn't shoot from the outside and we couldn't penetrate the middle. The same mistakes occurred over and over. Coach didn't make the adjustments that needed to be made. FVV did not have a great season---and played poorly in this tournament. His floor management was horrible at times. Yes, he had injuries early--but, he laced them up for every game since the middle of December--nearly 3 months ago. We've only had one player injured since mid-December. FVV has had flashes of excellence--and horrible stretches of mediocrity or worse. It is not disloyal to your team to mention this. It is not being disloyal to call out the coach---to just ignore it and be Polly-Anna-ish is not being a strong fan either. Fans are asked to do their "jobs" at the games. Players and Coaches need to give it all they've got all the time as well. That is how you become a consistent winner on the national level. We have been far from that this most disappointing season. Our pre-season ranking gave us a lot of hope---hope that stemmed from the win over KU last year and three very fine seasons. This was to be a great season. It's been far from that. Nothing will get me to stop being a huge Shocker fan--I have been for 35 years. I'm a proud Shocker alum. But, I expect much better performances and far better effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                          Shaq 3-3
                          Grady 7-12

Really dumb senior guards that wouldn't get the damn ball inside.
                          2-24 from 3
                          Coach, that's on you.
                          The first half it looked like the game plan was to get Shaq/Grady involved in the offense and we were dominating the inside. The second half we went to the high ball screen offense which took Shaq/Grady from the post. I was screaming at the TV for the Shocks to go back to focusing on the post.

I know that UNI started double teaming the post (w/ Wessel's man) the few times we got it in there the second half. The adjustment should've been for Wessel to cut to the bucket and the post player look for him on the opposite block (similar to the assist Shaq had to Wessel yesterday). The adjustment shouldn't have been to go completely away from looking to get the ball in the post and just jack up shots!

Comment

• love it when the bots chime in
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• hello, nit

Comment

• It sucks. I love em but I'm really tired of this. It just sucks.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X