Misery State @ WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Springfield News Leader Pre-Game Article:

They especially don’t lose very often at Koch Arena. The Shockers are 99-9 at home since the start of the 2009-10 season, have 43 consecutive sellouts and 179 consecutive regular-season crowds of 10,000-plus.
    I believe last night was an official sell-out but I almost feel a little guilty claiming that considering the high number of empty seats. Any thoughts on the cause for that? Uninteresting opponent? Early game time? Maybe a combination of those things? Anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I don't ever see many gray-haired folks leaving early.
      Ok, we get it. Nobody with the same color hair as you leaves early. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen anywhere else. And I don't care what color their hair is. All hair colors do it. And they all suck big, fat dungholes.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        From the Springfield News Leader Pre-Game Article:

I believe last night was an official sell-out but I almost feel a little guilty claiming that considering the high number of empty seats. Any thoughts on the cause for that? Uninteresting opponent? Early game time? Maybe a combination of those things? Anything else?
        Excuses for early tip times, excuses for late tip times, excuses for games being on Sundays...

How about a Top 20 basketball program? Does that outweigh any of the excuses?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Excuses for early tip times, excuses for late tip times, excuses for games being on Sundays...

How about a Top 20 basketball program? Does that outweigh any of the excuses?
          Apparently not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Ok, we get it. Nobody with the same color hair as you leaves early. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen anywhere else. And I don't care what color their hair is. All hair colors do it. And they all suck big, fat dungholes.
            I am wise, but I'm not gray.

Comment

• Points Scored:

Seniors - 37
              Juniors - N.A.
              Sophomores - 42
              Freshmen - 17
              Walk Ons - 3

Total - 99

Just sayin'.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Photo gallery from the game.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Interesting point about the points, Ricky -- and the 59 by the freshmen and sophs didn't include any from Shamet (or Peyton Allen), who will be part of that group next year as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    You might not have noticed, but in a 30 point blowout, Fred and Ron generally aren't in for the last 4 minutes. I don't begrudge anyone leaving who isn't interested in seeing the walk-one play mop up duty.
                    The walkons put just as much work in as scholarship players and PAY THEIR OWN WAY to do so. Simply because they do not stimulate you as much as the scholarship players is no excuse to walk out on them in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                      The walkons put just as much work in as scholarship players and PAY THEIR OWN WAY to do so. Simply because they do not stimulate you as much as the scholarship players is no excuse to walk out on them in my opinion.
                      Lots of people work really, really hard in this word. Doesn't mean I want to pay to watch what they do. (I've actually never left a game early in my life)

Comment

• this is the first year since the start of our tourney runs i haven't been able to see at least one game in person.

i can't imagine not savoring every second of every game.

i remember leaving leavitt arena after antoine's 47 point finale, trying to soak it all in, knowing that
                        we still had x-man, and just trying to appreciate the moment

seems like that again now
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                          It was a member of our extended family - Steve Wisdom - a long time and very dedicated Shocker and attendee at all baseball and basketball games. He suffered a cardiac arrest and remains in critical condition at Wesley. Prayers and thoughts for him, please.
                          Steve's sister asked that I share that Steve passed away this morning. She was at his side at the game when he was stricken and said although Steve never regained consciousness, she knows there would not be a place on earth he would rather be for his last moments than at a game of his beloved Shockers.
                          Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers.

God Speed, Steve.
                          Last edited by Rixtoy1; February 22, 2016, 05:54 AM.
                          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                            Steve's sister asked that I share that Steve passed away this morning. She was at his side at the game when he was stricken and said although Steve never regained consciousness, she knows there would not be a place on earth he would rather be for his last moments than at a game of his beloved Shockers. She said he was clutching a Play Angry towel on his chest during the ordeal at CKA and that is exactly what he would have wanted.

God Speed, Steve.
                            May he rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                            X