WSU Versus New Mexico State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
    I'm holding out hope. Mostly because I remember a quote of his in the Wichita Eagle following the North v Andover game at Koch.. something to the effect of "I don't like shooting in that gym". From what I see with him, he is rushing his shot. When takes his time and squares his feet/shoulders and loads up (bends his knees) and flows into his shot....he's money. Most of the time he doesn't take the time to 'load up' and his shot comes off a little flat because he pushes it to make up for the energy lost from not using his legs as much. Just my opinion, and the sole reason I think he will come around after getting stronger and seeing the ball go through the hoop.
    I also hold out hope although not for the same reason. HCGM has stated that CF is the best shooter he's ever coached. That tells me he's a pretty damn good shooter. Maybe it's a confidence hurdle or a mental block or something, but whatever it is, I hope he breaks through it and shows the rest of us what he's already shown 3.3G
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      I also hold out hope although not for the same reason. HCGM has stated that CF is the best shooter he's ever coached. That tells me he's a pretty damn good shooter. Maybe it's a confidence hurdle or a mental block or something, but whatever it is, I hope he breaks through it and shows the rest of us what he's already shown 3.3G
      Fred and Ron have also echoed that .. so he obviously shows it off in practice. Just has to show it in game situations. Where is Seton Hall game Conner. The one that hit a running falling out of the corner 3 without touching the rim.

Comment

WSU 65
        NMSU 70

Tough game but off of little to no rest with a weakened Baker I'm not liking this game.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

While NMSU is hot and probably a little confident, some of you need to take a look at the teams they've been hot against.

No it's not a pushover, but some of you must think we're an NIT lock with the things you are posting.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            While NMSU is hot and probably a little confident, some of you need to take a look at the teams they've been hot against.

No it's not a pushover, but some of you must think we're an NIT lock with the things you are posting.
            I don't think its unrealistic to think that though. If we play (ie shoot) like we did against UNI and ISU, its very possible. Those aren't even NIT quality teams, and we lost to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Honestly? Look at the teams that Illinois State have been hot against. UNI had some good non-con wins, but they've been "hot and confident" mostly against Valley teams.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I'm no GM so this is just my own simple minded opinion. I'd like to see us shake things up a little.
                Could it be we have become so predictable in our line up, substitution patterns, offensive sets, etc
                that we have become a team that is easy to scout and prepare for? Fred hit two in a row from the
                wing with RB handling the ball at the top. I think we should play Fred more on the wing as he is
                our leading three point shooter. I actually think CF can create for himself better than Fred - at least
                around the perimeter as he has a very good step back shot. With him at the top he almost demands
                to be doubled when he makes a 2-3 step move towards the paint. This creates more space on one
                of the two wings for either Fred or Ron to have a wide open three attempt. Same goes if RB is playing
                on top with CF and Fred on the wings. He will attract a double team also and will find the open man.
                Don't get me wrong. Fred is an outstanding PG but he has also become quite predictable. I'd like
                to see some rotation at who is handling the top more with Fred spending more time on the wing. I'd
                even like to MM up high getting some screens. Teams would HAVE to try and double team him
                on drives in the paint and he seems to have very good court vision and understanding about what to do
                when doubled. I just think our whole offensive game has become to predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  If it's UNI, and ISUR wins out minus senior night, and EVAN wins out too, is there ANY way they all 3 end up as Top 100 RPI's? Or at least close?
                  Projected RPIs headed into St. Louis based on assumed records.
                  EU 4-0 78, 3-1 91, 2-2 106
                  UNI 4-0 80, 3-1 92, 2-2 107
                  ISU 4-0 73, 3-1 85, 2-2 98

Due to remaining games where these 3 teams play each other, they will suffer a minimum of 2 more losses between the 3 of them. For WSU fans' sake, we want WSU to win on Sr night vs ISU, so that makes 3 losses total. St. Louis will likely feature 2 of the 3 in a semi-final opposite WSU, meaning someone goes home with St. Louis hurting their RPI. I don't expect all 3 to finish top 100, but...

2 long shot possibilities...

1) All 3 finish 3-1. ISU will be the 2 seed and Evansville the 3 seed. Evansville over ISU in the semis would keep EU top 100, and hopefully ISU would have enough buffer to remain top 100. UNI prays that a semi-fnal appearance and loss to WSU still keeps them top 100.

2) EU goes 3-1. ISU goes 2-2. UNI goes 4-0. ISU beats UNI in the MVC semis and loses to WSU in the finals. EU loses to WSU in the semis and prays that they hang onto the top 100.

I'm just rooting for 2 of the 3 teams to finish top 100. I don't want to see something unfortunate like 2 MVC teams ending at 101 and 102.
                  Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; February 15, 2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Connor needs to create. I think he's great at shot fakes, step in for a 2. If Baker can't go much, he and MM need to get points. The defense will take care of itself, but if we're stuck with lots of Nurger time, this game will not go well. I'm siding with Grady and Morris...
                    Shox

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                      Connor needs to create. I think he's great at shot fakes, step in for a 2. If Baker can't go much, he and MM need to get points. The defense will take care of itself, but if we're stuck with lots of Nurger time, this game will not go well. I'm siding with Grady and Morris...
                      Shox
                      I would just like to see him at the point. That kid has played his entire life with the ball in his hands. I know he can shoot. I know he can make plays. I don't know if he can be effective touching the ball 5-7 times a game.

He obviously isn't going to bump Fred, but he needs to be the one when there are other combinations on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        I would just like to see him at the point. That kid has played his entire life with the ball in his hands. I know he can shoot. I know he can make plays. I don't know if he can be effective touching the ball 5-7 times a game.

He obviously isn't going to bump Fred, but he needs to be the one when there are other combinations on the floor.
                        This makes some sense. I also believe he left KU partly because Self had no plans on developing him as a 1. Two 1's creating shots can't hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                          Shox
                          a Landry sighting wouldn't be bad either...been a while since he's been at the scorer's table.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                            a Landry sighting wouldn't be bad either...been a while since he's been at the scorer's table.
                            Whoa! Is he suited up?
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Whoa! Is he suited up?
                              No.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Baker out there shaking hands with everyone, including Kennedy and Dahl. I hope it's not contagious.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X