WSU Versus New Mexico State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Question....IF Ron can't go tonight, if you were Coach Marshall, would you start Conner? Or maybe move Zach up to the 2 and start Markis at the 3? I really like having either Conner or Zach coming off the bench rather than starting both of them. Someone will have to spell Fred, and if it's not Conner, it's JRS. I'd rather take my chances with Connor. And I think Zach can handle the 2. Plus with Zach and Markis starting and then with Rashard coming in at the 4, we're a lot closer to matching size defensively against them.
    I'd start Landry .... *Runs and Hides*

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Holy crap!!! Hadn't even considered that option. The word on him has been pretty quiet lately, kind of like the days before Anton came back. No one has said he's NOT ready for a week or two. So you're saying there's a chance...
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Holy crap!!! Hadn't even considered that option. The word on him has been pretty quiet lately, kind of like the days before Anton came back. No one has said he's NOT ready for a week or two. So you're saying there's a chance...
        I'm surprised anyone has any doubt at all after the insider report I brought in.

Comment

Fred just doesn't like to pass as much anymore. When he drives to the lane, it's almost automatic that he forces some crazy shot or he gets to the rim but never finishes the play. I think coaches have told him to focus on drawing contact. That's great and all but if it never gets called, then his whole intent is taken away. If he's not trying to score or pass, and just trying to draw contact, then you're gonna get what you've seen virtually all season - ugliness.

FVV's best year was his sophomore year, where he knifed through the lanes and made sweet pass after sweet pass. Now I know he had some better options then, but you just don't see it anymore.

The offense of just dribbling it around the perimeter and chucking up low percentage shots is the undoing here. It's on the coaches AND players. We had some problems of players simply refusing to pass to the post in the past and it cost us.

Get back to playing to team basketball again.

Oh and it also wouldn't hurt to have a team that knew how to make 2 free throws in a row. Because you don't have that this year, even with the senior All-Americans.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So who do you think we put on Siakam? I'm drawing a blank on that. He's a very very good player, and that match up worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Fred just doesn't like to pass as much anymore. When he drives to the lane, it's almost automatic that he forces some crazy shot or he gets to the rim but never finishes the play. I think coaches have told him to focus on drawing contact. That's great and all but if it never gets called, then his whole intent is taken away. If he's not trying to score or pass, and just trying to draw contact, then you're gonna get what you've seen virtually all season - ugliness.

FVV's best year was his sophomore year, where he knifed through the lanes and made sweet pass after sweet pass. Now I know he had some better options then, but you just don't see it anymore.

The offense of just dribbling it around the perimeter and chucking up low percentage shots is the undoing here. It's on the coaches AND players. We had some problems of players simply refusing to pass to the post in the past and it cost us.

Get back to playing to team basketball again.

Oh and it also wouldn't hurt to have a team that knew how to make 2 free throws in a row. Because you don't have that this year, even with the senior All-Americans.
              I agree on all accounts.

Fred’s first step is slower this year - the odds of finishing or drawing a foul drop quickly if your shoulder & the ball are unable to get closer to the goal than the guarding defender's hips.

Comment

Question....IF Ron can't go tonight, if you were Coach Marshall, would you start Conner? Or maybe move Zach up to the 2 and start Markis at the 3? I really like having either Conner or Zach coming off the bench rather than starting both of them. Someone will have to spell Fred, and if it's not Conner, it's JRS. I'd rather take my chances with Connor. And I think Zach can handle the 2. Plus with Zach and Markis starting and then with Rashard coming in at the 4, we're a lot closer to matching size defensively against them.
                If Ron doesn't play, it won't be his offense we'll miss. It will be his defense.

Comment

More D with ZB but also more turnovers. CF better shooter against a zone and has only had
                  three TO's all year. Agree with previous poster that it's RB's defensed that would be missed the most

Comment

So who do you think we put on Siakam? I'm drawing a blank on that. He's a very very good player, and that match up worries me.
                    It will be a race to 5 between Anton and Shaq. If Rauno plays a lot tonight and it is a close game, it will be a bad sign.

Hopefully we are able to turn the tables and get Siakam in early foul trouble, whether by guard penetration or feeding the post. Getting a couple early ones on him will go a long ways tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                      I am considerably disappointed that neither Fred nor Coach seem phased by the ineptitude against a zone. Beating Drake is like the varsity squad beating the 7th grade b team. you learn nothing from it.

The pages in this story book are starting to run thin. The seniors better find that senior urgency soon. Tonight should be a solid win, but with the Aggies' length, if they go zone.....it could be ugly. Especially if Baker is limited.

I'll go with Shox win 68-56. Not sure how rowdy the crowd is going to be though if they show zone.
                      I think it confirms what we ALL know; you gotta shoot well, establish inside well, drive well to beat a zone. Shooting has definitely hurt us lately. As for tonight, who's reffing the game? Will they give FVV some calls? This may be as key as 3PT shooting to winning tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        I think it confirms what we ALL know; you gotta shoot well, establish inside well, drive well to beat a zone. Shooting has definitely hurt us lately. As for tonight, who's reffing the game? Will they give FVV some calls? This may be as key as 3PT shooting to winning tonight.
                        Couldn't agree more. The difference in officiating crews this year has drastically changed the way games have been played from one day to the next.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I am worried about this game, but not as much as Senior night.

Comment

I'm curious if the rescheduled game will affect attendance. Quite a few friends of mine weren't even aware that there was a game tonight. I wonder if it will be the same with Season Ticket holders.

Comment

I'm curious if the rescheduled game will affect attendance. Quite a few friends of mine weren't even aware that there was a game tonight. I wonder if it will be the same with Season Ticket holders.
                              I nearly forgot about it myself until the people I sit next to reminded me.. Ha.

Comment

I got this guys...I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X