WSU Versus New Mexico State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus New Mexico State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Once upon a time, the Aggies were coming to Shocker Mountain, but it was too icey for Big Bird, so here we go again. The end, but not really. This we do know. If they would have made it here that cold winter night, there is not enough ice or snow to slow down Shocker fans from filling Koch Arena.

Their squad comes in here at 18-8 and were 23-11 last Season. They are led by Pascal Siakam who is averaging 21.7 ppg. and is a rebounding machine. Their other ace is 'Ian "a" Baker too' who averages 14.4ppg and is a solid player and lights out shooter. Thus the Shockers will be busy keeping tabs on both of these two players, trying to cover them up like a cheap suit. We will face few teams with 2 players that can hoop like these two young men.

Look for the Shocks to regroup and 'come out swinging' from jump street. Baker, FVV, and CF will all 3 make 3-3-pointers apiece at least, but that is not enough. We must establish our inside game, score on penetrations, eat glass with true grit, and defend without fouling too much. Playing in this here "Valley Free For All" does not allow us with much 'wiggle room' for losing games. This is a Non-Con game we must win. From here, the Shocks need to win ugly, win pretty, win angry, win not being satisfied, but just win!!! We will start a new home winning streak with an 11 point surpass. If we don't lose here for another 3 Years, we will be groovin.

WSU/Baker----70

Aggies/Baker--59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

If NM State plays zone we lose. We have no inside presence, and have lived and died by the 3 far too often.

I have noticed that with Marshall's teams. Can't beat the zone, and have lots of issues with the press.

Comment

After two poor performances in one calendar week, I don't know what to expect. Aggies play zone, Shocks will lose a tight one. Gotta hit some FTs and shoot better than 7-31 (or whatever it was) from behind the arc. I'm really concerned about this team.

Comment

Who knows. This team refuses to drive and get the ball inside so, I guess if WSU hits some 3's they'll win. Fred is playing so flat right now... I'm disappointed. He seems depressed or something. Really hope they can get just enough going to get to the tourney, win a game or 2, and end this on the right note. Today was just deplorable to only score 50 points at home.

Comment

SHOX 89
          NMSAggies 65

#AGGIES_MUST_DIE
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

We have something like 6 games in 12 days. Really need a couple blowouts to spread out minutes.

Comment

Aggies by 7

This team has yet to show that it can respond being punched in the mouth and their dobbers are down. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong.

Go Shocks!
              Last edited by DUShock; February 13, 2016, 10:01 PM.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Don't forget NMSU has Jonathan Wilkins, brother of John Wilkins from Illinois State. Anybody remember him? He was famous with WSU fans... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Don't forget NMSU has Jonathan Wilkins, brother of John Wilkins from Illinois State. Anybody remember him? He was famous with WSU fans... :)
                  Yes, he put a saddle on Stutz and rode him like a bronco with no fouls being called. Then there was contact, Stutz looked at him at said "What" so he get's rang up for a T and has to go to the bench while Mr. Wilkins, the bench player did his job? Is that the guy?

Comment

We will win by 23. While the Valley stinks and losing to the likes of ISU and NIU is embarrassing, you can't dismiss the fact that familiarity gives them a little bit of a puncher's chance. NIU took advantage of that today and made the necessary adjustments.

The Aggies only won by 14 at 342nd RPI ranked Chicago State. They have to travel down to Wichita now? Pffftttt! They'll have no legs and play in a hostile environment. While I commend them for getting this game rescheduled, they're in store for a beat down. If we weren't playing so damn bad of late, the margin of victory would be 31.

Comment

NMSU, no clue...Shox by 7
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

We HAVE the shooters to destroy a zone but can't do it if we don't make the zone move and
                        move quickly. That means quick ball reversals and quick kick outs if immediate shots are not
                        available on paint entry passes. RB set Fred up yesterday on his two knock downs with a
                        4-5 step move towards the basket forcing two players to collapse on him and then quickly
                        hit Fred on the wing. We have not been good at setting up our shooters especially CF. We
                        are not going far at the dance until we learn how to pass around the perimeter to free up our
                        best shooters. Dribbling needs to be limited to short penetrating moves to make the zone collapse
                        and create more space for perimeter shooters. I think we will see improvement in these methods
                        Monday and we win 68-61
                        Last edited by asiseeit; February 14, 2016, 07:48 AM. Reason: add

Comment

After this game, we finish up clinching the 'Valley Free For All' IMO and below is how the games shape up. No, I am not looking past this game Monday and we need to win it. We would love the Shocks to win out from here and below are the remaining Valley games. Even if we stub our toe along the way, and we better not, these remaining games gives perspective as to the fact that other Valley teams in the hunt will lose a game or 2 from here probably.

WSU--12-2--H-Mo. State, @-Ind. State, @-Loyola, H-Ill. State--we will not just win, we will turn the redbirds into blue-blue birds on Senior Night

Illinois State-9-4--H-Bradley, H-Indiana St., @-UNI, H-S.Illinois, @-WSU--the birds by now will have already self-destructed and we will finish them off more on Senior Night.

S. Illinois--9-5--H-Bradley, @-Evansville, @-Illinois State, H-Mo. State

Evansville-8-5--@-Loyola, @-Drake, H-S. Illinois, @-Bradley, H-UNI

UNI--8-6---I only list the Panthers because they are the hottest Valley team right now and will cause some havoc even though they are not in the hunt for the Valley Ship. @-Loyola, H-Illinois State, H-Indiana St., @-Evansville

Comment

I'm with KC Shox. As bad as the Valley teams suck, they have a thick book on and practice on how to beat the Shockers. We tend to play better against non-conf foes. We will win this by 12+. Let's just get to the dance and anything's possible.

Comment

WSU 79
                              NMSU 61

Comment

Working...
                              X