The Bruce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I haven't listened to Bruce's Sports Daily show in a long time primarily because of Paul Savage. Been listening this morning because they have talked quite a bit about the Shockers and had Bob Hull on for a segment on the Shocks as well.

I am not sure that Bruce could have picked anyone who is dumber than Paul Savage. I am beginning to suspect that Bruce brought Paul in because Paul makes Bruce look like a rocket scientist in comparison and Paul presents a really, really easy foil for Bruce.

He has also has Jason Albracht on a lot.

Comment

I'll tell you what kills Bruce's show...comparing it with Bob and Jeff in the afternoon...THAT is entertainment!

But you are right...Savage is truly horrible.

Comment

Albrecht isn't bad. Savage has been an idiot since junior college

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I'll tell you what kills Bruce's show...comparing it with Bob and Jeff in the afternoon...THAT is entertainment!

But you are right...Savage is truly horrible.
          Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Savage has been an idiot since junior college
          How did that guy ever graduate from Baylor? Oh forget it, I know!

I also enjoy Bob & Jeff in the afternoons; I like the father/son banter. Some unusual and ‘off the wall’ topics, but people seem to enjoy the variety (occasional non-sport topics; top movies, music, etc.). Bob might have found his ‘niche’ in radio. Last night’s topic on the greatest quarterback of all-time (Joe Montana or Tom Brady) was entertaining; a couple of the calls were classic and Bob let them have it. Unfortunately, I only caught about 30 minutes of the show and had to turn it off about the time ‘Dennis’ called. Appears to be a ‘higher IQ’ of caller than we get with Shocker call-in shows; the majority of ‘The Drive’ callers haven’t hit ‘happy hour’ yet.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bob and Jeff is by far a better show, but Bob needs to dial it back a notch. The banter and constant antagonism with Jeff is not good radio. It's good in spurts and when spontaneous, but Bob makes it seems like it's forced as if the show absolutely needs it in order to be good. I have to break from it at times because it sounds like a constant bash and self-gloss session.

The Bruce definitely picked Savage to elevate his game and made him his personal punching bag. It's honestly a little entertaining as Paul deserves the beatdowns. He's for sure one of the dumbest sports guys on the planet. Albrecht appeared ok but I've grown tired of him. He too thinks he knows a lot of things but doesn't have a clue. He acts like the host most of the time and is constantly cutting off and shouting over Bruce and other callers. Tiresome.

It's certainly a shell of its former self. There used to be a lot of callers and good back and forth between them. Now, it's just a rambling session with a total of 3 routine callers.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm just amazed how Bruce drinks his prairie fire coffee during the breaks from 500 miles away.

Love that Wichita local sports radio is co-hosted by a guy in Denver and a guy that is the equivalent of the shockers pregame callers. But that's "good stuff"

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                I'm just amazed how Bruce drinks his prairie fire coffee during the breaks from 500 miles away.

Love that Wichita local sports radio is co-hosted by a guy in Denver and a guy that is the equivalent of the shockers pregame callers. But that's "good stuff"
                SPIT TAKE on the "good stuff"!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I am not sure that Bruce could have picked anyone who is dumber than Paul Savage. I am beginning to suspect that Bruce brought Paul in because Paul makes Bruce look like a rocket scientist in comparison and Paul presents a really, really easy foil for Bruce.
                  Couldn't agree more! Savage makes that program unlistenable.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    He has also has Jason Albracht on a lot.
                    I think Albracht is very good. I suspect he will have the opportunity to take over the show at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Bob and Jeff is by far a better show, but Bob needs to dial it back a notch. The banter and constant antagonism with Jeff is not good radio. It's good in spurts and when spontaneous, but Bob makes it seems like it's forced as if the show absolutely needs it in order to be good. I have to break from it at times because it sounds like a constant bash and self-gloss session.
                      My problem with Bob is, he only wants to talk sports about 50% of the time. The rest of the show is devoted to entertainment and trivia. Like sports trivia hasn't been done to death on talk radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                        My problem with Bob is, he only wants to talk sports about 50% of the time. The rest of the show is devoted to entertainment and trivia. Like sports trivia hasn't been done to death on talk radio.
                        This ^^^^^ +1000
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          This ^^^^^ +1000
                          I like the show because it doesn't get locked into sports.

Comment

The Drive is good.

Comment

1.- Savage may be a great guy, but he is the worst on radio. I have a copy of a state championship game my son played in, and Savage did the broadcast. The highlight of my son's high school experience and the thing is unwatchable. He couldn't spit out Gardner Edgerton. He turns a yes/no question into a 5 minute hide and seek within his cranium.

2. Bob is the crusty old bastard who yelled "Get off my lawn, punk". You either agree or your are wrong. If my dad talked talked to me like that, we would have been estranged. If I talked to my dad that way, I would have had trouble talking without spitting teeth. I just quit listening.
                              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                                If my dad talked talked to me like that, we would have been estranged. If I talked to my dad that way, I would have had trouble talking without spitting teeth. I just quit listening.
                                I assumed that was part of their schtick and not how they interacted in the real world.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X