The Bruce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bruce!

I know folks bag on Bruce Haertl, but I'm watching the Drake at ISUb game. I'm embarrassed for some of these programs.
    Livin the dream

"Drakes going to have to find another scorer of they are going to conclude this game. Ore with 15. Woodward with 10. Need a third player in double figures as Timmer has just 8. Indiana State has transpired their dominance with three players in double figures lead by Scott with 11. This game is going to conclude with one of these teams losing tonight, especially if Scott motivates himself to some additional baskets."
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      "Drakes going to have to find another scorer of they are going to conclude this game. Ore with 15. Woodward with 10. Need a third player in double figures as Timmer has just 8. Indiana State has transpired their dominance with three players in double figures lead by Scott with 11. This game is going to conclude with one of these teams losing tonight, especially if Scott motivates himself to some additional baskets."
      Wow.

Comment

Maybe "conclude" is that guy's version of Bruce's usage of "palpable"

Comment

Sounded like students to me. I hope I'm not wrong because that was bad. I know we have students doing work behind the scenes with some of our ESPN broadcasts.

Regardless, while I'm not the biggest fan of Bruce as a PBP guy, is there anyone you all would like to replace him? He's fine for what he is. I enjoy him on the radio, and while he isn't Gus Johnson, he does okay for a school specific broadcast.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Bruce is meh, but I can not believe the color guy for the Sycamores.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Bruce is fine. I just like to make fun.

It reminds me of someone who once said in reference to Coldblooded, "he may be a troll, but he's OUR troll"

Comment

I wonder what type of rage ISUB coach will go into if they lose this game.

Comment

I've always been a bit surprised how many people here complain about Bruce. Seems like a good sports analyst and game commentcommentor.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The only thing I don't like about Bruce is it always feels like he's talking down about WSU. Could just be my perception though. It's like he thinks he's too big time for WSU. Could also be because I've been around him in a situation outside of television, and was extraordinarily unimpressed with him as a human being.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I don't think Bruce prepares enough for any game. He can'tpronounce some Shocker names, for example. Other than preparation, I don't ahve too many complaints about Bruce. Some phrases get overly used, but that is true with many broadcasters.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        I don't think Bruce prepares enough for any game. He can'tpronounce some Shocker names, for example. Other than preparation, I don't ahve too many complaints about Bruce. Some phrases get overly used, but that is true with many broadcasters.
                        Do you think he'll EVER learn that it's Markis, not Marquise?
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          Maybe, he corrected himself once in one recent game. So at least we now know that he knows he's incorrect.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Bruce always did a good job of trying not to be homer and that is why a lot of us wsu fans are "meh" towards him.. Then Will Kunkel came along, now we're all like, sweet smiling baby Jesus bring Bruce back!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              #32 for WSU? Isn't that Markief?

Comment

Working...
                              X