No announcement yet.

Absolutely pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also noticed the large number of empty seats and my wife pointed it out, as well. To be fair, Loyola was one of the worst teams I've seen come through Wichita. I honestly believe that they were only "close" for a good part of the game due to officiating and WSU overlooking them (for the most part) because of the looming trip to Evansville.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      I just wish that there was a way to know who definitely will not be showing up so the tickets could be bought by people at face value who cant afford season tix or to buy them on stubhub.

Furthermore with enough notice so that perhaps someone from, say, KC could get down there to the game. :)
      Just need to check the single game tickets link via GoShockers two days before the game. EVERY men's home game this year at Koch has had extra seats for sale direct from the ticket office so far. Up to the day of the game even. They just don't list online until they give the students their chance to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Both Kelly and Morris got well deserved standing ovations.
        So did Rauno.

Comment

I have not seen the student section this year, so I don't know the answer to these questions.

1. Is it possible that the empty student section seats exist because students are cramming into seats lower to the floor? When I was a student, I feel like that was pretty common.

2. Any "unsold" student tickets go to GA, correct? Are the GA tickets then selling out? Has there been a game with empty student/GA seats where the general admission seats were not sold out? This question is primarily trying to understand if students are taking the tickets and not showing up (as happened in recent years) or what the demand looks like in general.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            I have not seen the student section this year, so I don't know the answer to these questions.

1. Is it possible that the empty student section seats exist because students are cramming into seats lower to the floor? When I was a student, I feel like that was pretty common.

2. Any "unsold" student tickets go to GA, correct? Are the GA tickets then selling out? Has there been a game with empty student/GA seats where the general admission seats were not sold out? This question is primarily trying to understand if students are taking the tickets and not showing up (as happened in recent years) or what the demand looks like in general.
            Last night's game definitely had GA tickets available, and I want to say the Bradley one did but I can't recall, for sure. I also remember cases where all of the tickets got picked up and it wasn't full, in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

That could very well be possible. If there were one additional person on each of the first 25 rows, there would be one empty row at the top.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                Just need to check the single game tickets link via GoShockers two days before the game. EVERY men's home game this year at Koch has had extra seats for sale direct from the ticket office so far. Up to the day of the game even. They just don't list online until they give the students their chance to pick up.
                Thanks!
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

In seven years the commitment to giving students 1000 (or is it 1100?) free tickets will have expired. Then they can retool the allotment and prices.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    In seven years the commitment to giving students 1000 (or is it 1100?) free tickets will have expired. Then they can retool the allotment and prices.
                    Say you're reallocating the Koch Arena fees to pay for the new parking garage and 99% of students would be celebrating in the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Say you're reallocating the Koch Arena fees to pay for the new parking garage and 99% of students would be celebrating in the streets.
                      Unfortunately, we want them celebrating in their Koch Arena seats and not in the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        IIRC when I was a student (years ago, but relevant because we were good then: 1980-1984) we had to pay for "striped" tickets denoting them as student section. The fee was discounted, but I didn't pick up tickets on the "hope" I could make it. Does the current commitment allow for this kinda flexibility, maybe in exchange for 7 years of parking garage fees or something?

Comment

Originally posted by JMAN_KC View Post
                          I thought this thread was going to be about Anton Grady's performance so far this year.......
                          Is this supposed to be funny or sarcastic? We are so fortunate that Anton is still able to play after his injury in November.

Comment

Originally posted by JMAN_KC View Post
                            I thought this thread was going to be about Anton Grady's performance so far this year.......
                            Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
                            Is this supposed to be funny or sarcastic? We are so fortunate that Anton is still able to play after his injury in November.
                            I am very grateful that Anton is playing. However, if his injury is causing physical problems, he shouldn't be. I don't believe that is the case so he is no different than any other player on the court. @JMAN_KC:'s comment was probably not meant to be funny or sarcastic just a fact.

A lot of stuff below and I'm not proficient at setting up nice diagrams on here, so bare with me:

Statistics for the games: Mpg -- FG% -- FT% -- Rpg -- Ppg -- Bpg -- Fpg -- TOpg

5 - games before injury: 23.4 - .395 -- .737 --- 6.0 --- 9.0 -- 0.8 --- 3.2 --- 2.0 ---- FG% included 1-6 from 3

4 -- games after injury : 14.5 - .563 -- .636 --- 4.75 -- 6.25 - 0 ---- 2.25 -- 1.0 ---- FG% included 0-1 from 3

Evansville game alone : 27 ---- .615 -- .500 ---- 7 ----- 17 --- 1 ----- 1 ----- 1 ------ No 3 pointers

Next 5 games after UE: 15.2 -- .363 -- .500 --- 3.8 --- 4.8 -- 0.8 --- 2.6 --- 1.2 ---- No 3 pointers

The Loyola game alone: 8 -- no shots - .500 ---- 2 ----- 2 ---- 0 ----- 4 ----- 3 ------ No 3 pointers

Anton had a bad game against a team with little inside presence, yet against Mock, he had a tremendous game. Sometimes, bad games just happen, it was just an odd game for it.

Comparing the first 5 games with the 4 games back after the injury, Anton's minutes went down, but his FG% and most other stats per 40m improved. Then came the Evansville game which made most of those stats even better. There appeared to be no regression in performance due to the injury, but an improvement.

Now you have the last 6 games with the Loyola game in particular. No change in minutes per game, but all stats have regressed, many even below the first 5 games of the season. I'm not going to speculate what has caused this, but still, the Loyola game was an odd game for his worst of the season. Maybe Anton just needs a little break.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              I am very grateful that Anton is playing. However, if his injury is causing physical problems, he shouldn't be. I don't believe that is the case so he is no different than any other player on the court. @JMAN_KC:'s comment was probably not meant to be funny or sarcastic just a fact.

A lot of stuff below and I'm not proficient at setting up nice diagrams on here, so bare with me:

Statistics for the games: Mpg -- FG% -- FT% -- Rpg -- Ppg -- Bpg -- Fpg -- TOpg

5 - games before injury: 23.4 - .395 -- .737 --- 6.0 --- 9.0 -- 0.8 --- 3.2 --- 2.0 ---- FG% included 1-6 from 3

4 -- games after injury : 14.5 - .563 -- .636 --- 4.75 -- 6.25 - 0 ---- 2.25 -- 1.0 ---- FG% included 0-1 from 3

Evansville game alone : 27 ---- .615 -- .500 ---- 7 ----- 17 --- 1 ----- 1 ----- 1 ------ No 3 pointers

Next 5 games after UE: 15.2 -- .363 -- .500 --- 3.8 --- 4.8 -- 0.8 --- 2.6 --- 1.2 ---- No 3 pointers

The Loyola game alone: 8 -- no shots - .500 ---- 2 ----- 2 ---- 0 ----- 4 ----- 3 ------ No 3 pointers

Anton had a bad game against a team with little inside presence, yet against Mock, he had a tremendous game. Sometimes, bad games just happen, it was just an odd game for it.

Comparing the first 5 games with the 4 games back after the injury, Anton's minutes went down, but his FG% and most other stats per 40m improved. Then came the Evansville game which made most of those stats even better. There appeared to be no regression in performance due to the injury, but an improvement.

Now you have the last 6 games with the Loyola game in particular. No change in minutes per game, but all stats have regressed, many even below the first 5 games of the season. I'm not going to speculate what has caused this, but still, the Loyola game was an odd game for his worst of the season. Maybe Anton just needs a little break.
                              Couldn't sleep this morning and watched some game film... Anton got a tough whistle on a number of plays. All questionable fouls/travels (1/2) were called by the same ref. In the moments he did play, I thought he looked good. Nice passing out of the post & strong defense (especially help defense). He just needs to find HIS comfort zone when it comes to scoring. Ultimately, I think there is still time for him to lift this team up another level and I am buying up the Anton stock.

Comment

Anton is a vet so he knows how to play the game. For that reason, he is of value to our team. The flip side is that he's like any newbie to our system and still has things to learn to get comfortable. He's also playing alongside or behind and improving Shaq Morris. I just accept him for being a nice role player down low with the ability to bring something extra on occasion. He came here because he wants to get to the big dance and he's gonna get that chance. We should wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X