Absolutely pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
    By the way, in case all of you have forgotten, WSU exists because of the students. Wouldn't kicking them out be somewhat ironic. Or is it moronic.
    It's difficult to kick out someone who doesn't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      That's the thing .. The tickets are Sold ... its not the administration that is causing the issue. Its the students that pick up the tickets then don't come. They either are getting them to try to sell, or they just pick them up "in case" nothing else is going on. I think the free student tickets need to be tied to their ID. You register a week ahead of time. It ties it to your ID. If you don't use the ticket X number of times, you lose your rights for that year. All tickets not claimed a week ahead of time, get converted to GA.
      True, it's the students who pick up the tickets but don't come but it's nothing new. The athletic department has had at least a year to come up with a solution to the problem.

Comment

So the student section wasn't well attended after the honor students left. Is that a problem, probably. But, something that bothers me much worse is the mass exodus with 8-10 minutes left in the game. Do the kids on the far end of the bench not work just as hard as the starters and/or second stringers? That may be the case on occasion, which is why they are there, but for the most part, I would say they put in just as much effort. And they do the best job they can to entertain us, and deserve our support. So do something about the student section, make them more GA seats, whatever needs to be done there. But don't whine about the students not showing up and then leave with ten minutes left in the game. Oh btw, the crowd that was in the building (including the student section) was the best (most energetic) it's been for quite a while. I'm not sure if that is because we were playing so well and not letting up or if it was because the band didn't let the useless promotions dominate the timeouts.

On another note, did anyone else notice that when the kid shooting for "cash" from different spots on the floor, the time started before the cheerleaders even had the first spot on the floor?
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          So the student section wasn't well attended after the honor students left. Is that a problem, probably. But, something that bothers me much worse is the mass exodus with 8-10 minutes left in the game. Do the kids on the far end of the bench not work just as hard as the starters and/or second stringers? That may be the case on occasion, which is why they are there, but for the most part, I would say they put in just as much effort. And they do the best job they can to entertain us, and deserve our support. So do something about the student section, make them more GA seats, whatever needs to be done there. But don't whine about the students not showing up and then leave with ten minutes left in the game. Oh btw, the crowd that was in the building (including the student section) was the best (most energetic) it's been for quite a while. I'm not sure if that is because we were playing so well and not letting up or if it was because the band didn't let the useless promotions dominate the timeouts.

On another note, did anyone else notice that when the kid shooting for "cash" from different spots on the floor, the time started before the cheerleaders even had the first spot on the floor?
          I cut some slack tonight because it was a later game. Even if they don't bring kids to the game, they still have babysitters who don't get the kids put to bed and the kids have school the next morning. I got home at 12:15 after two hour drive, but stayed to the bitter end. I ALWAYS do, and I just might see the next future star do something special in the final moments. Or just to watch the bench if Bush/Simon score.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            I didn't notice but are you surprised?

I did notice however that the "win" a car contest had a female contestant that didn't have the arm strength to hit the rim on a three-pointer.

Yup, you probably aren't going to see anymore serious "ballers" out there for that promotion for the rest of the year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              I cut some slack tonight because it was a later game. Even if they don't bring kids to the game, they still have babysitters who don't get the kids put to bed and the kids have school the next morning. I got home at 12:15 after two hour drive, but stayed to the bitter end. I ALWAYS do, and I just might see the next future star do something special in the final moments. Or just to watch the bench if Bush/Simon score.
              I can see that, a little. But the section I was sitting in was mostly people that appear to be the 60+ crowd, and those people were rolling out of there like it was chow time at the old folks home my grandpa lived in.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                And Gregg Marshall came to WSU partly because the MVC was a multi-bid league. Is it now?
                I think Marshall is more concerned with earning a fair seed than he is about the other MVC schools earning bids along side WSU. At Winthrop, he felt it was nearly impossible to get a single digit seed. At WSU, as long as he is getting a quality seed relative to his team's ability, I think he will be content to keep building squads that rampage over the rest of the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I didn't notice but are you surprised?

I did notice however that the "win" a car contest had a female contestant that didn't have the arm strength to hit the rim on a three-pointer.

Yup, you probably aren't going to see anymore serious "ballers" out there for that promotion for the rest of the year.
                  Lol. Though, to her credit, she was just as close to winning it as a friend of mine who tried several games ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                    Lol. Though, to her credit, she was just as close to winning it as a friend of mine who tried several games ago.
                    I thought she had very good form...shooting form that is.

Comment

I'm mixed on last night-disappointed the student section was less than full but encouraged by the noise & excitement those that were there generated. I thought they did a great job keeping the energy up.

Then disappointed by the # leaving early (like said earlier it was a late game) but happy that those remaining ALL recognized to give Rashard proper recognition when he exited the game late.

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                        I'm mixed on last night-disappointed the student section was less than full but encouraged by the noise & excitement those that were there generated. I thought they did a great job keeping the energy up.

Then disappointed by the # leaving early (like said earlier it was a late game) but happy that those remaining ALL recognized to give Rashard proper recognition when he exited the game late.
                        Both Kelly and Morris got well deserved standing ovations.

Comment

I think this thread was started prematurely. By game time the place was pretty much full, except for a small section and I am guessing those were the athletes down organizing in a room or hanging out in the hall bs'ing.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            2) I wonder if the student athletes enjoy being recognized like they were last night...maybe someone should ask them. If they aren't, just do a video or something and let us applaud their efforts during a timeout or halftime. While I particularly enjoy seeing all those kids succeed off the court, if they would rather not be there, no skin off my nose.
                            Does anybody know if they had some kind of reception after halftime for those recognized? Could this be a reason for them not coming back?

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Anton Grady's performance so far this year.......

Comment

I just wish that there was a way to know who definitely will not be showing up so the tickets could be bought by people at face value who cant afford season tix or to buy them on stubhub.

Furthermore with enough notice so that perhaps someone from, say, KC could get down there to the game. :)

I get that the students ponied up the money for the renovations and that agreement is in place.

Perhaps the agreement and allotment could be increased or decreased based on demand and usage.

I dunno. Just hurts when I know there are folks that would love to go, and know how special it is and would contribute nicely to the atmosphere.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X