Absolutely pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely pathetic

Student section empty seats. That is all.

How does that process work? Do they have to get tickets or just show up?

Wondering if they could have a cutoff with a decent amount of time to release tickets to the public.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Wondering if they could have a cutoff with a decent amount of time to release tickets to the public.
      The tickets all get picked up, they just don't show.

Comment

When I was going there, all's you had to do was make a conscious effort to go to the book store to pick up your ticket. I feel bad for the players.

Comment

They do. Thats how I got mine yesterday.
          Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

That's on the athletic department and it's really unacceptable.

Comment

It was more full before halftime but never full. The baseball team and track team were up there. After they presented the athletes with high GPAs at halftime they didn't return. Must have had homework!

Comment

I'm at the point where I say cut the last 100-200 seats from the student section and hand them to the first in line for season tickets and let the students fight for what's left, probably work out best for both sides.

Comment

It is pathetic. It is long past time to sell those seats to the public and over sell. First come first serve to the game.

Comment

While it was never completely full, there was a late arriving group that filled in many of the seats. Many of them were on the baseball and track teams, and they did not return to their seats after going to the floor for their student-athlete recognition at half-time.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

If it's true that the tickets were all claimed by the honor roll students being recognized at halftime, then I guess it's somewhat more understandable. Just looked really, really bad.

The students definitely picked it up a notch with the game tonight though. More loud, more lively, more energy.

Crowd brought it too, despite a clearly overmatched opponent.

No bitching from me tonight.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        While it was never completely full, there was a late arriving group that filled in many of the seats. Many of them were on the baseball and track teams, and they did not return to their seats after going to the floor for their student-athlete recognition at half-time.
                        Yes, it was almost full at the beginning of the game. After halftime, the other athletes didn't return to their seats. Those athletes got free tickets and don't support other programs. This doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Yes, it was almost full at the beginning of the game. After halftime, the other athletes didn't return to their seats. Those athletes got free tickets and don't support other programs. This doesn't sit well with me.
                          I'm going to guess that the reason those students successfully balance their athletic commitments with the schoolwork is by spending their evenings doing their homework and getting to bed at a reasonable time. It seems kind of counterproductive to require them to show up for this game to be recognized for those habit then get mad at them for not staying around for a midweek game that started an hour later than usual.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            I'm going to guess that the reason those students successfully balance their athletic commitments with the schoolwork is by spending their evenings doing their homework and getting to bed at a reasonable time. It seems kind of counterproductive to require them to show up for this game to be recognized for those habit then get mad at them for not staying around for a midweek game that started an hour later than usual.
                            I would agree with that. There are a lot of demands on a student-athlete and if they want to excel academically it is going to require a lot of sacrifices and passing up on things that they might otherwise enjoy doing. Because of these demands it really does require budgeting their time wisely.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Im a highschooler and when my friends and I go to the game we usually go and sit behind the student section. We have been doing this since eighth grade. It blows my mind that through the rise of shocker basketball that we can STILL do this almost 5 years later. Notably when I was in eighth grade it was Toure Murry's senior season. I agree it is 100% embarrassing that one of the "greatest home court advantages" in the country can't even fill the freaking student section of two sections. You go to other schools and they have 4 or 5 sections where the kids are waiting outside like crack fiends to get their fix for their seats. Its time to over sell the seats and treat Charles Koch Arena, the fans, and most importantly our team how they should be. That student section should be packed every game.
                              #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

Working...
                              X