No announcement yet.

WSU v Loyola Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin brings up some good points. I'm glad we didn't redshirt Nurger, he's really starting to develop and contribute. He's light years ahead of Wamukota and really comes in handy since Shaq and Grady like to foul so much. I'm not sure why Hamilton doesn't get more PT, but he seems to be playing under more control lately and is pretty effective when he gets in the game. Taylor played much better last night. He didn't try to force anything and even had a nice burst to the basket that was somewhat Fred-like. Maybe there is hope for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      It's the "crowd" for me; I like watching people use their cell phones. Talk about priorities. What game?
      How the heck else are we supposed to post our live critique of the referees on Shockernet? :)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• A couple blown calls off the top of my head

Fred's Charge to start the game - the Loyola player was still doing the electric slide.
        I think it was R.K. who got hit with a blocking foul late in the 1st. He was camped out at the baseline and the defense forced the Loyola player to go to the baseline and the Loyola player just slammed into our guy.
        Shaq's 3rd foul - Shaq jumped out BIG TIME and flew past the shooter. Late whistle. Simple fact - if Shaq had made contact with the Loyola player, that player would be dead. F=MA and Shaq brought both the M and the A.
        They got the call @ 5 minutes left right on the Shot Clock / Jump Ball but it took them 5 minutes to do it in a 25 point game. I would have said "whatever" and forgotten about it if they had just given it to Loyola. Hell, they probably could have called a foul on us there.
        Grady's foul when he jumped up for the rebound 3 times. He was jumping straight up 3 times for a ball no one had control of along with 2-3 other Shockers and one Rambler. That made no ****ing sense.
        Fred's 'reach' foul in the 2nd was anticipation at the finest.
        Ron's sick behind the back pass to Grady that got Grady a traveling call. Yes, Grady traveled. Players tend to do that when they have the defender, who was completely lost by Ron's pass, turns around and stepping into them.

There were plenty of "yes, that is the correct call, no you shouldn't make it in a game like this" calls. There were plenty of calls that got a Boo that were dead on correct. They got some, we got some (like I said, I wouldn't have been surprised to get a foul call at the 5 minute mark on the jump ball). But those refs last night sucked (balls).

Comment

• Nurger could totally be cast in a WWII documentary as a prototypical Gestapo henchman.

"Eat zis elbow Dummkopf! I score eet for ze Muzzerland!"

"Show me your papers! MACH SCHNELL!"

Last edited by Kung Wu; January 28, 2016, 09:34 AM.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think it's time we start exploring Nurger over Grady in the rotation more. I thought Anton would flourish against Valley teams because of his great footwork and basketball IQ but you can see he doesn't have enough athleticism, even against MVC competition. How is he going to hold up against power conference teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              1. Loyola plays like a juco team.

2. I wonder if this Shaq is here to stay?

3. Ty Taylor is a jet.

4. Morris is a really really good passer.

5. I wonder if that was Royal in row 31, but I just sat there with Mrs. p and ate my popcorn.

6. Nurger had one of his best games.

7. So did Kelly.

8. Hamilton entered with the walk-ons. Significant?

9. Baker is a wonderful basketball player.

10. Frankamp needs to shoot more.
              I'm modifying 10 for you.

10. Frankamp need to do EVERYTHING more. Shoot, Drive, cross people over, set people up. He does so many things well, just doesn't show it until junk time it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                A couple blown calls off the top of my head

Fred's Charge to start the game - the Loyola player was still doing the electric slide.
                I think it was R.K. who got hit with a blocking foul late in the 1st. He was camped out at the baseline and the defense forced the Loyola player to go to the baseline and the Loyola player just slammed into our guy.
                Shaq's 3rd foul - Shaq jumped out BIG TIME and flew past the shooter. Late whistle. Simple fact - if Shaq had made contact with the Loyola player, that player would be dead. F=MA and Shaq brought both the M and the A.
                They got the call @ 5 minutes left right on the Shot Clock / Jump Ball but it took them 5 minutes to do it in a 25 point game. I would have said "whatever" and forgotten about it if they had just given it to Loyola. Hell, they probably could have called a foul on us there.
                Grady's foul when he jumped up for the rebound 3 times. He was jumping straight up 3 times for a ball no one had control of along with 2-3 other Shockers and one Rambler. That made no ****ing sense.
                Ron's sick behind the back pass to Grady that got Grady a traveling call. Yes, Grady traveled. Players tend to do that when they have the defender, who was completely lost by Ron's pass, turns around and stepping into them.

There were plenty of "yes, that is the correct call, no you shouldn't make it in a game like this" calls. There were plenty of calls that got a Boo that were dead on correct. They got some, we got some (like I said, I wouldn't have been surprised to get a foul call at the 5 minute mark on the jump ball). But those refs last night sucked (balls).
                On the Grady travel. Was it really a travel? Granted things went really fast, but I thought the ball just hit off Grady. He took a couple steps THEN gained possession, dribbled once and put the layup in. I feel like they called a travel before he had actual possession. Getting hit by a ball doesn't mean he has control.

Comment

• Views from Section 118

The crowd was into it last night. The Shockers set the tone early with stifling D that kept us on our feet and engaged for a looooong time. Gotta love that!

More band, less other stuff during time outs please! Loved that the band kept playing through the time out after the FVV to RK dunk! Kept the energy going. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to hear in the huddle.

Very nice game by everyone. I especially liked Shaq and Rashard. Shaq-wall was in full force! His passing from the post was a thing of beauty. It looks like the game my finally be slowing down some for Rashard. If that is so, future opponents have even more reason to be concerned.

FVV - 8 assists, 1 turnover. Drills two dagger threes. I am so excited to see him do this, at the same time it is almost routine. What a thrill to have such a fine young man and basketball player on this team.

MM - Manchild. My gosh he can play! He improves every game. He is fun to watch.

RB - There are a lot of players in the MVC that are glad that he will not be here next year. He just blankets people on D. He is always a threat on offense, always hustling and giving max effort. He just plays the game the right way.

RN - He was solid last night. He continues to improve. He works hard when he is out there. I think that is one thing that HCGM really likes about him. He may not always do the right thing or be in the right place, but he always competes.

EW - Glad to see him hit a few more shots last night. Another max effort guy (we all know this).

I really like how this team maintains it's focus. I give a lot of credit to HCGM for this. On the Coach's Show he stated that the most important game was the next one. You can see that it isn't just talk by the way this team plays. Yes, they should beat most teams in this league by 20 points. The hard part is maintaining the focus to do that game after game. This team does it.

My wife and I had a great time at the game last night. We are enjoying this magic ride that is Shocker Basketball!
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    A couple blown calls off the top of my head

You forgot the 2 worst calls of the night:

1. The one on Shaq where he grabs the rebound while getting elbowed in the face. That should have been a no call or inadvertant elbow by the Loyola player.
                    2. The out of bounds call where Ron and a Loyola player were fighting for the ball and they called it off Ron. It wasn't even close to being off Ron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I'm modifying 10 for you.

10. Frankamp need to do EVERYTHING more. Shoot, Drive, cross people over, set people up. He does so many things well, just doesn't show it until junk time it seems.
                      He will...next year. He is respectfully deferring to our AA's this year.

Comment

• Frankamp's ball handling and distribution skills last night were outstanding. His confidence is growing, quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          I hope so. He has so much talent. I agree though. I think he is passing up his opportunities right now to make sure he's doing everything in the flow of the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Sounds like a typical Shocker to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Sounds like a typical Shocker to me.
                              I think he realizes that 3G will do so much more for him than Rug would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Frankamp's ball handling and distribution skills last night were outstanding. His confidence is growing, quickly.
                                I posted this in my other random stats thread. Frankamp leads the team in minutes between turnovers. 74.667 minutes in between turnovers. 224 minutes with only 3 TOs.

Comment

Working...
                                X