WSU v Loyola Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    I can't wait for the Shox to curb stomp these bastards twice.
    Flush those Redturds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      They just keep getting trashier
      I was thinks about this earlier. Our guys don't play that way, but if Baker racked up a flagrant on one of them I doubt too many tears would be shed on our part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        They just keep getting trashier
        They can all go **** themselves. Their basketball sucks so bad that this is the kind of stuff they think about to get their jollies going.

Worst fanbase on the planet. They deserve all the losing and NCAA Tournament-free basketball they can get. What an embarrassment on all levels.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I can't even imagine something like that happening.....what an incredible time to be a Shocker fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
            Highlight of the game for me was Jenny Dell. My goodness, watching her shimmy and shuffle back and forth across the arena was mesmerizing. Had a hard time concentrating on the game!
            For those of us watching CBS, they didn't show her enough. <sigh>

But the bright side was the young lady sitting behind the Ramblers' bench with what was probably her parents. Good lord she was cute.

Okay, pervy moment over. Back to the game. I have to say that I am now regretting wishing the season would hurry up and get here way back last April. Hard to believe only ten more regular season games for Ron, Fred and Evan. What a fun ride this has been. I'm not wishing for next season...yet.

Comment

• Speaking of hottie's...was it ever established who the Russian looking young lady is who sits behind our bench? She was sitting with Gregg's son last night.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Her name is Taylor, She's a manager. Her brother was a manager while he attended. sweet girl. Quit Ogling!!! her dad and brother sit right beside me in the Chuck. She'd done a lot of modeling worldwide while in high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Speaking of hottie's...was it ever established who the Russian looking young lady is who sits behind our bench? She was sitting with Gregg's son last night.
                  If he plays his cards right, that's the future Mrs. Kellen Marshall!

Comment

• I just remembered something that I pointed out to my wife while watching the Loyola game from Section 118. Shaq had been playing hard and playing quite well. He looked to coach Marshall and made sure he had 3G's attention. When he was sure coach was looking at him, he put his fist in the air. We all know this is the sign for "Hey coach, I'm tired, get me a breather." Only a hand full of games ago, 3G said something to the effect that he was controlling Shaq's minutes very carefully because he couldn't trust Shaq to give all he had and then give him the sign when he was tired. He also said that was usually when Shaq makes mistakes like missing an assignment or picking up a cheap foul. So, as I said to my wife, in my opinion, giving that sign to coach may have been the most important play Shaq has made in his career as a Shocker. If 3G can trust him, there's nowhere to go but up from here.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      I just remembered something that I pointed out to my wife while watching the Loyola game from Section 118. Shaq had been playing hard and playing quite well. He looked to coach Marshall and made sure he had 3G's attention. When he was sure coach was looking at him, he put his fist in the air. We all know this is the sign for "Hey coach, I'm tired, get me a breather." Only a hand full of games ago, 3G said something to the effect that he was controlling Shaq's minutes very carefully because he couldn't trust Shaq to give all he had and then give him the sign when he was tired. He also said that was usually when Shaq makes mistakes like missing an assignment or picking up a cheap foul. So, as I said to my wife, in my opinion, giving that sign to coach may have been the most important play Shaq has made in his career as a Shocker. If 3G can trust him, there's nowhere to go but up from here.
                      I saw that as well. Something Dean Smith started... Gregg didn't hesitate to pull him when the fist went up, so a great sign that Shaq trusts his body more and his coach trusts him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        1. Loyola plays like a juco team.

2. I wonder if this Shaq is here to stay?

3. Ty Taylor is a jet.

4. Morris is a really really good passer.

5. I wonder if that was Royal in row 31, but I just sat there with Mrs. p and ate my popcorn.

6. Nurger had one of his best games.

7. So did Kelly.

8. Hamilton entered with the walk-ons. Significant?

9. Baker is a wonderful basketball player.

10. Frankamp needs to shoot more.
                        5. Nope. That wasn't one of my games to attend. I only have the UNI game left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                          Her name is Taylor, She's a manager. Her brother was a manager while he attended. sweet girl. Quit Ogling!!! her dad and brother sit right beside me in the Chuck. She'd done a lot of modeling worldwide while in high school.
                          Kinda figured she was a model. Very pretty. My wife was the one who noticed her. Defintely not me. ;)
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                          X