WSU vs Indiana State game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    FVV was a stud. Shox in control pretty much the entire game. Free throw shooting was improved, especially for guys named Baker and Van Vleet. Shox just continue to do their thang.

Crowd was embarrassingly weak. It reminded me of CenturyLink Center most of the day. We can't even get everybody to stand up when SENIOR FVV leaves the game after a career night. What an entitled, spoiled fanbase. **** some of you people.
    The team played great today in spite of no energy from the crowd. That had to be one of the weakest Shocker home crowds since the dark days of Mike Cohen. Maybe everyone was just in a blah mood from the cold weather. (Even though Merill Teller said it was 56 degrees outside LOL)

At least the student section looked full today.

We expect the team to bring it every game, the crowd should too.
    Last edited by shocker3; January 17, 2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Oh, my goodness!!!! I almost lost it!!!! So funny!!!

The SECOND funniest thing was Merrill's forecast of 56 and sunny....:)
      Is there any way that whole scene made it on video? That would be great on Sports Center. Having to run to the locker room was priceless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        Lolol

An Indiana state player went to check in but didn't have a jersey on
        Good thing it wasn't the ladies game.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          they are a whiny, bitchy, hypocritical fanbase.
          And how exactly is that different from ShockerNet?
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• The fact that ISUB has 7 upper classmen, including seniors Brown and Smith, only makes their non-conference performance all the more frustrating. There is certainly a hole in their inside game but they have enough talent not to have lost to IUPUI and Eastern Illinois.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              It's like the entire crowd was baked and they didn't even know a basketball game was being played before their eyes. I stood up when Fred came out and people around me thought I was leaving as they moved their coats and leaned back. Hello?

Usual bunch of shitty hacks that left early too. Must be anxious to get home to watch 60 Minutes.

On a positive note, in addition to the ass beating, Austin Reaves looked like he was having a good time.
              Please I hope that no one calls in to the coaches show tomorrow asking him about the weak crowd. Last time someone called in about the top empty row or two. Our head coach has a lot more important issues to deal with than the crowd or game organization and selling ad time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                And how exactly is that different from ShockerNet?
                We are a knowledgeable, classy, bitchy, whiny, hypocritical fanbase.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  Is there any way that whole scene made it on video? That would be great on Sports Center. Having to run to the locker room was priceless.
                  The crowd gave him a mock ovation...I'm still laughing....:)

Comment

• Lansing is a very good coach with lesser players, but I loved how they played...and he might have been the most relaxed looking coach ever.

Comment

• Great game out of Fred. I know some say he's still not 100%, and I don't know if he is or not. Nor do I know if he will be 100% during this season. That being said, I'd take him at whatever percentage he is right now over ANY other point guard in college right now. He made people look silly today. A lot of guys played well, but he was the best player on the floor today, and it wasn't close. As for the crowd, I had an older guy (even older than myself) in front of me that wasn't even wearing Shockers gear (his wife was, but he wasn't), that just sat and shook his head every time I yelled for the team, no matter what I was saying. None of his four person group stood up during the game, ever. Him sitting and shaking his head just made me yell louder and more often. And I still HATE that our band feels to play the "You don't want to go to war" song with 12 minutes left in the game.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Missed the game today. Watching replay now ... Is it just me or does this replay look like it's playing back a bit to fast? Everyone looks weird in motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          Lansing is a very good coach with lesser players, but I loved how they played...and he might have been the most relaxed looking coach ever.
                          indiana state looked like a good team. the return game in terre haute should be on espn2 or fox sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            indiana state looked like a good team. the return game in terre haute should be on espn2 or fox sports.
                            It will either be on espnU or espn3. Hopefully they will make the right choice this time and choose to show our game on espnU.

Comment

• Terre Haute Tribune Star:

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local....html?mode=jqm
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Good thing it wasn't the ladies game.
                                How is that good? I am old, but I'd still rather see a topless young woman than a topless young man.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X