No announcement yet.

WSU vs Indiana State game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mostly Fred and Ron today. Unlike most posters I have been underwhelmed with our post play on both
    ends. There are glimpses of ability but no consistency. I think the combo of RN / BW are just about as
    good as the other two. I'd like to see one game with them being the primary centers. BW is our best
    center defensively and rebounding and I don'r remember a basket being scored against RN in three
    games. I really fear our lack of size and length in the paint come March. We shouldn't have to be relying
    on our back court so much against Valley teams.

Comment

• So, what's up with Bruce getting more amped up for opposing players' highlights than Shocker highlights? It's getting irritatingly more noticeable as the season goes on. I figured the Tulsa broadcast was just Bruce wanting to stroke all the locals since he lives there, but what in the hell is with him going ape **** for opposing team's players while we're in Koch Arena? I truly muted the broadcasts when Craig was color commentating, and I haven't had to with Bruce, yet. But I'm closing in on muting his **** broadcasts.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I think Bruce is trying to audition for the next level ESPN broadcasts, whatever that is. His use of "pull" for a rebound ad "3-ball" a la Musburger makes me think he's trying to be noticed. There are more but those two bother me the most. I think he's trying to prove to the brass that he isn't a homer. I hope it works and they take him away. Good riddance.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Please I hope that no one calls in to the coaches show tomorrow asking him about the weak crowd. Last time someone called in about the top empty row or two. Our head coach has a lot more important issues to deal with than the crowd or game organization and selling ad time.
          The people that call in about the crowds are either drunk or older than Moses so hopefully he takes it for what it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            The young lady sitting behind our bench right behind Shaq is a stone cold knockout. She is at all the games...staff or internnof some kind?
            Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            That's not the Heartl girl is it?
            Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
            That blonde? She's a fox.
            Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            No. She's turned into a looker as well though.
            Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
            Water"girl"
            Originally posted by shock View Post
            Ill just leave this here. Click the arrows next to HarpBros, for science.
            Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            If she is the same one at the last game in the short skirt, well, wowza. I noticed that!
            Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
            Isn't she one of the team managers?
            She's probably the second semester recruiting liaison; just one look… where do I sign?

No wonder the crowd was ‘dead’ yesterday, too many of you were…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Well, I'm not convinced that "love" is necessarily the word for the reactions you quoted, Wstate. Better just to post a picture from the game of the "water girl" / manager / etc. behind Shaq -- surely someone aimed a smartphone her way.

On the plus side, though, I did learn from your post that Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds were actually a two-hit wonder. I had always thought of them as just one ("Don't Pull Your Love Out") from back in my AM radio listening days years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Well, I'm not convinced that "love" is necessarily the word for the reactions you quoted, Wstate. Better just to post a picture from the game of the "water girl" / manager / etc. behind Shaq -- surely someone aimed a smartphone her way.

On the plus side, though, I did learn from your post that Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds were actually a two-hit wonder. I had always thought of them as just one ("Don't Pull Your Love Out") from back in my AM radio listening days years ago.
                My thoughts weren't pure as the driven snow. Since I am now of an age to be the young lady's father, does that make me a dirty old man? When are the meetings and how much are the dues? :)
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  My thoughts weren't pure as the driven snow. Since I am now of an age to be the young lady's father, does that make me a dirty old man? When are the meetings and how much are the dues? :)
                  We don't have meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    We don't have meetings.
                    I see, it's like fight club...
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      We don't have meetings.
                      Correct. Group naps.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        So, what's up with Bruce getting more amped up for opposing players' highlights than Shocker highlights? It's getting irritatingly more noticeable as the season goes on. I figured the Tulsa broadcast was just Bruce wanting to stroke all the locals since he lives there, but what in the hell is with him going ape **** for opposing team's players while we're in Koch Arena? I truly muted the broadcasts when Craig was color commentating, and I haven't had to with Bruce, yet. But I'm closing in on muting his **** broadcasts.
                        I'm only speculating but I'm guessing since it was an ESPN3 Valley broadcast and not a Cox 22 Shocker broadcast he was trying to play the "neutral" card, although one could argue that it sounded like a pro Indiana State broadcast at times.

It is annoying though. I'm not able to watch the Cox broadcasts but I do catch the replays and what not so I dunno if it happens there a lot too or if it's a trend or what.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                          I think Bruce is trying to audition for the next level ESPN broadcasts, whatever that is. His use of "pull" for a rebound ad "3-ball" a la Musburger makes me think he's trying to be noticed. There are more but those two bother me the most. I think he's trying to prove to the brass that he isn't a homer. I hope it works and they take him away. Good riddance.
                          I feel like we need to make a Bruce drinking game with a bingo board, and have squares like "pull" "That's a good player right there" "Bruce says wrong player's name." etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I'm only speculating but I'm guessing since it was an ESPN3 Valley broadcast and not a Cox 22 Shocker broadcast he was trying to play the "neutral" card, although one could argue that it sounded like a pro Indiana State broadcast at times.

It is annoying though. I'm not able to watch the Cox broadcasts but I do catch the replays and what not so I dunno if it happens there a lot too or if it's a trend or what.
                            It's been a trend all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              I feel like we need to make a Bruce drinking game with a bingo board, and have squares like "pull" "That's a good player right there" "Bruce says wrong player's name." etc.
                              Just how big can this bingo board be? Must it be contained in a single room?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Brenton Scott was really really good. Finally ran outa gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X