McDuffie at the Stretch 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    Being brought up by a good family doesn't mean he won't leave early. In fact, if given the opportunity, it would be irresponsible to not leave. If he has the potential to be a mid-first round pick and make $1-$2 million in a year, he should go. There isn't a single undergraduate degree that has earning expectations near that. If you delay your time in the NBA by a year or two, it's not like you can just work an extra two years to make up the lost wages. In the NBA you don't retire safter 25 years, you quit when your body makes you. School will always be available; the pros won't.

He may still be here as a junior and a senior, but it's not because of how he was brought up. Your post makes it sound like guys like LeBron, Anthony Davis, Andrew Wiggins, etc. all should have gotten a four year degree, and the reason they chose to leave early was due to bad parenting.
    You re-worded (totally changed) what I said. I said I don't think he will leave extremely early and one of the factors will be his families emphasis on education. The guys you mentioned all were talked about as one and dones. Markis still needs to work on his body and his game and I think he knows that. The players you mentioned, were being pushed out early when they graduated from high school. Maybe you know different but the only people mentioning MM leaving early are on Shockernet.
    Last edited by shockmonster; January 21, 2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

When the season started Sally was appalled that MM was wearing #32 beccause TC was one of her favorite players. Last night with his offensive explosion she said he now deserves the number. He still reminds her of a colt....all legs and unbridled joy at playing the game.

Comment

So, for the last 1 minute and change, the five on the floor were Fred, Ron, Connor, Evan, and McDuffie. Does this count as McDuffie playing the five?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
          So, for the last 1 minute and change, the five on the floor were Fred, Ron, Connor, Evan, and McDuffie. Does this count as McDuffie playing the five?
          To me, it looked like Evan was playing the 5 at that point.

Comment

I love the small ball lineups.

Comment

As MM has improved so has his minutes. ZB has shown improvement and his minutes have increased as well. Last night RK played more than his average. Evan played about 7 minutes less than his average. It seems as if the first three have continued to get more playing time over the course of the year while EW has given up some of his minutes. It seems we are a longer defensive team which causes problems with the other teams offense and by the same token MM and ZB continue to improve offensively which in turns makes us a better threat from all positions. Evan still continues to be a defensive presence as well as a really tough rebounder but I think as MM continues to improve and ZB improves EW's minutes may continue to decline. Gives us a lot more options as we progress into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                Was it two or three times he turned it over when dribbling in traffic? He does need to work on that during the half court sets. I think the radio coverage has mentioned if he needs to take more than a couple dribbles in a half court set he has problems.

He is a good player. He has skills to work on as well.
                I don't think it is an issue of "handles." I would describe it as failing to recognize whether the opportunity exists to push the ball into traffic on a secondary fast break. His turnovers are almost always related to trying to complete plays that Ron/Fred would struggle to finish.

Comment

Man MM's legs are absolutely rail thin! Watching him last night up close, it literally looked like you could snap his ankles with your thumbs. I can't wait to see what happens when he adds weight to his frame, he is going to be an absolute star imo.

Comment

Comparison of Cle's first 17 games as a junior and Markis's first 17 as a freshmen

Cle Markis Cle-40 Markis-40
                    FGM 90 47 8.7 6.1
                    FGA 182 101 17.5 13.2
                    3-FGM 22 16 2.1 2.1
                    3-FGA 62 38 6.0 5.0
                    FTM 61 28 5.9 3.7
                    FTA 71 40 6.8 5.2
                    REB-O 42 19 4.0 2.5
                    REB-D 45 36 4.3 4.7
                    REB-T 87 55 8.4 7.2
                    PF 42 31 4.0 4.1
                    PTS 263 138 25.3 18.0
                    AST 11 17 1.1 2.2
                    TO 34 17 3.3 2.2
                    BLK 16 4 1.5 0.5
                    STL 9 14 0.9 1.8
                    MIN 416 306
                    FG% 49.5% 46.5%
                    3-pt FG% 35.5% 42.1%
                    FT% 85.9% 70.0%
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I give the edge to Junior Cle over Freshman MM, but I sure do like the fact that MM has all this time ahead of him to develop. No guarantees, but his potential is sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        I give the edge to Junior Cle over Freshman MM, but I sure do like the fact that MM has all this time ahead of him to develop. No guarantees, but his potential is sky high.
                        Considering he also is comparing the two time NJCAA D III Player of the Year to a freshman, it looks REALLY promising for Mr. McDuffie.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          I probably agree with you, but man, by the numbers it's closer than I expected it to be. Some of the stats that MM actually leads in are probably what surprises me the most. More steals and assists, less turnovers. Yah, Cle still has a slight edge, but it's pretty close.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Pretty sweet learning curve happening with Markis. Hopefully, it continues on a on such a sharp upward trajectory for a while longer.

Comment

Anybody think he's the Shocks next legit shot at another All America list? Or maybe that's ZB or CF? Or maybe one of the JuCo guys?
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                Anybody think he's the Shocks next legit shot at another All America list? Or maybe that's ZB or CF? Or maybe one of the JuCo guys?
                                Our best AA chance isn't even playing right now...
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X