Coaches show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Loo against Creighton? Wasn't NIT championship year the same year that we lost in the Tournament finals to UNI?
    You're probably right, as I was typing I had second thoughts about that one. Booker Woodfox and 1.9 might have been year before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
      You're probably right, as I was typing I had second thoughts about that one. Booker Woodfox and 1.9 might have been year before.
      The year of the 1.9 debacle, 2008-2009, is when the Shocks went to the CBI and lost to Stanford in the second round. The next year, 2009-10, when they lost to UNI they went to the NIT and lost to Nevada. The NIT championship was 2010-11 when they lost in the semis to Indiana State.

Source: the schedule on goshockers.com (it goes back to 2006-07)

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
        The year of the 1.9 debacle, 2008-2009, is when the Shocks went to the CBI and lost to Stanford in the second round. The next year, 2009-10, when they lost to UNI they went to the NIT and lost to Nevada. The NIT championship was 2010-11 when they lost in the semis to Indiana State.

Source: the schedule on goshockers.com (it goes back to 2006-07)
        This post reminds me of something really nice. If HCGM started wth WSU in 07-08, and by 08-09 he was in the CBI, that means there was ONE season in his rebuild that didn't include a post season berth and presumably an RPI of worse than 150.

150 is par for the course in the MVC. He was only as bad as most valley teams in his first year...

Compare that to guys like Lusk, Muller, Giaccoletti (spelling?) and Moser. I guess it had just never occurred to me before. He prevented WSU from ever really falling backward at all whereas other coaches make you feel like they would be lucky to ever get to 150.

Comment

Working...
        X