No announcement yet.

Coaches show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone bring Cold in so we can start the going Independent discussion.

Comment

• If the MVC ejected 3 teams, what 3 teams would be added that would make it that much better? I don't think any team with D1 football would be interested.

Comment

• Two questions asked last night and both questions answered were really funny. The first "Which of the games coming up is the toughest?" Answer "The next one" The second question " Ideally how would you like to schedule the non conference games?" Answer "All at home with maybe one in Miami in December." Sounded reminiscent like another school that shall remain nameless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          If the MVC ejected 3 teams, what 3 teams would be added that would make it that much better? I don't think any team with D1 football would be interested.
          I am in favor of replacing five schools; my Top 5 -
          1. UAB - currently in Conference USA
          2. Belmont - currently in Ohio Valley
          3. Chattanooga - currently in Southern
          4. SFA - currently in Southland
          5. Arkansas Little Rock - currently in Sun Belt

Change the conference name to Heartland Conference.

Comment

• UAB is bringing football back. I just don't see the others doing much to bring more national attention to the league, although SFA is a very good basketball program right now. I think we need to target teams in other major metro areas such as St. Louis, Denver, Detroit, etc. Teams that can draw enough fan support to be able to raise money and raise their profile. Either way, we have got to cut the dead weight if we're going to move forward.

Comment

• The problem here is twofold:

1. As others have noted, no one is going to get ejected from the Valley, no matter how much dead weight they add; and

2. When the presidents look at who ought to be in the league, they aren't just looking at basketball. A 50 year old national championship is a fun credential and a nice trivia item, but it wasn't what got Loyola into the Valley. So the interests of WSU basketball (and thus, to some degree the interests of WSU in a larger sense, although we need to keep in mind that WSU isn't only a basketball program) don't necessarily match the interests of the league as a whole.

Both of those concerns can only be fixed by getting into a different conference.

Comment

• You don't kick teams out of a conference. You find the teams who have common interests and begin a new conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  You forgot to sign your name.

S. Khan

Sorry Shaka. I couldn't resist. :)
                  Sorry I missed it until today. I got a good chuckle out of it. Have a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    If the MVC ejected 3 teams, what 3 teams would be added that would make it that much better? I don't think any team with D1 football would be interested.
                    Whichever schools are transitioning to D1 that year so we don't have to worry about them dragging down our RPI.

Comment

• I have given this a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that conference affiliation will be a tough nut to crack. Fortunately, there are a lot smarter people than me to look into this and try to come up with some viable options or determine that the Valley is where we need to be for the time being. Looking forward to seeing the conclusions Dr. Bardo will arrive at after thoroughly studying the options. In the meantime, Go Shocks!

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• brainstorming here: MVC should add more teams and create a relegation rule. Bottom third teams stay in MVC and rest move to MVC prime. League makes sure MVC prime play higher quality NC games for TV.
                          Do something to change it up cause it ain't working now...
                          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Interesting "What If" on the program tonight - Coach openly acknowledged the importance of the NIT championship and even went further than I would have and said it was better than a first round win (and close to but not better than two wins and a second weekend).

What was really interesting is that he said the famous players-only vote on whether or not to participate was NOT unanimous (for those who don't remember, that team should have had a berth but was screwed in Hawaii against UConn, in Bracketbuster against VCU, and in the Loo against Creighton).

Anyway, it was interesting - and scary - to think about what successes might not have happened if 1 or 3 or 5 more guys had voted against playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
                              Interesting "What If" on the program tonight - Coach openly acknowledged the importance of the NIT championship and even went further than I would have and said it was better than a first round win (and close to but not better than two wins and a second weekend).

What was really interesting is that he said the famous players-only vote on whether or not to participate was NOT unanimous (for those who don't remember, that team should have had a berth but was screwed in Hawaii against UConn, in Bracketbuster against VCU, and in the Loo against Creighton).

Anyway, it was interesting - and scary - to think about what successes might not have happened if 1 or 3 or 5 more guys had voted against playing.
                              Loo against Creighton? Wasn't NIT championship year the same year that we lost in the Tournament finals to UNI?

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
                                Interesting "What If" on the program tonight - Coach openly acknowledged the importance of the NIT championship and even went further than I would have and said it was better than a first round win (and close to but not better than two wins and a second weekend).
                                Coach better not make that argument to Lutz and Heartl or they will laugh him off their radio show

Comment

Working...
                                X