SIU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    I am not so sure about the above assertion.

Connor is a very cautious player. He takes care of the ball and is risk adverse. He only has three turnovers in eight games.

He definitely is not a traffic player. His dribble penetrations to the basket can be counted on one hand. His truncated dribble drives usually result in a pull up jumper.

Connor has only shot 9 free throws in eight games. That is headed toward Evan Wessel territory.

Balentine can score from any spot and can score by any method, including the free throw line.
    Conner has played 23% of the team's minutes.
    DJ Balentine has played 90% of his team's minutes.
    Conner has a much better supporting cast and teammates to draw some of the defensive attention away.

With those qualifiers out of the way, Balentine produces 107.9 points per 100 individual possessions. Frankamp produces 125.6. If Conner Frankamp qualified for KenPom's National Leader list (played 40%+ of a team's minutes) he would rank 3rd behind Michael Young of Pitt and Buddy Hield of Oklahoma. Frankamp has played 41% of the minutes the last 5 games.

Landry Shamet's Offensive Rating was 131 before he got injured. If he could have kept up that pace, that would rank first in the country.
    Last edited by AndShock; January 10, 2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Conner has played 23% of the team's minutes.
      DJ Balentine has played 90% of his team's minutes.
      Conner has a much better supporting cast and teammates to draw some of the defensive attention away.

With those qualifiers out of the way, Balentine produces 107.9 points per individual possession. Frankamp produces 125.6. If Conner Frankamp qualified for KenPom's National Leader list (played 40%+ of a team's minutes) he would rank 3rd behind Michael Young of Pitt and Buddy Hield of Oklahoma. Frankamp has played 41% of the minutes the last 5 games.

Landry Shamet's Offensive Rating was 131 before he got injured. If he could have kept up that pace, that would rank first in the country.
      Those are some nice numbers :)
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
        Comparing CF and EW free throw opportunities? You are being funny.

CF has rarely been in the game without Baker or Fred. Those two dominate the ball by pounding it. Therefore, opportunities for others to dribble penetrate are greatly reduced with the thirty second shot clock.

It has become apparent that CF can get a shot for himself or others without pounding the ball. As teams begin to over play him, the dribble penetration & kick to shooter situations will increase.
        So you think that soon Conner will be a Balentine look alike. Have I got that right?
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Very well played road game by our Shockers! Good Win!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

So you think that soon Conner will be a Balentine look alike. Have I got that right?
            I would say Conner is more of a Beane style player than Balentine. He is a better shooter off the dribble and isn't aggressive enough for the Balentine or Baker style of movement without the ball.

Comment

• I was a little disappointed in what we got from our post players against SIU. Thought that was a decent matchup for the Shocks especially considering how we have performed against guys like Poeltl, Zimmerman and Mockevicius. Fortunately, we did not really need much form them against SIU. Perhaps SIU's game plan was to see if they could clog up the middle and make us beat them form the perimeter. Oops.

Comment

I am not so sure about the above assertion.

Connor is a very cautious player. He takes care of the ball and is risk adverse. He only has three turnovers in eight games.

He definitely is not a traffic player. His dribble penetrations to the basket can be counted on one hand. His truncated dribble drives usually result in a pull up jumper.
                You have some good points. I agree that at this time, he is playing risk adverse basketball most of the time with a minor breakout at Southern Illinois. He showed that he can create some shots even though he rarely does it at this time. I think that Conner taking risks will increase but it will be interesting to see how much more he plays similar to how he did at Southern Illinois to create. He needs to look more for his shot. He is definitely easing into his role and his risk taking capabilities.

Comment

• I'm thinking of starting a thread titled "Misses At The Rim" where where we could log and document our failure to finish within 3 feet. It could reach "Any News on Orupke" proportions.

Just kidding.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I wish Fred would pull up a little more often for the floater this season. Then he could stop taking such a pounding.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

You are fighting a losing battle here, just admit that you are wrong.
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Has anyone found a replay for this game? For those of us that don't have a subscription to channel 39363528364192 or whatever they decided to broadcast this on?

Comment

No, I think he will be a very effective point guard that also scores at high level.I think HCGM is trying to teach him how to play without the ball since all the stuff off the dribble is already second nature.

He has shown a number of great passes, both quick and off the dribble drive. As he gets more minutes those numbers will go up

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Has anyone found a replay for this game? For those of us that don't have a subscription to channel 39363528364192 or whatever they decided to broadcast this on?
                            EDIT: I broke down and paid the $10. It's like losing the lottery. It is just the radio team for SIU. No video! I should have spent the $10 on powerball. Crap.

Probably not officially. SIU has a contract with http://www.collegesportslive.com/ from CBS Sports. They have a page up at http://www.collegesportslive.com/?media=517555 for premium users ($10/mo). But it looks like it is only audio. At least it only lists as "listen" rather than "watch".

I really don't want to pay $10 to just find out it is audio only. Hoping someone on here has a subscription that can say one way or the other. Because I will pay the $10 to watch it.
                            Last edited by boltforge; January 10, 2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                              EDIT: I broke down and paid the $10. It's like losing the lottery. It is just the radio team for SIU. No video! I should have spent the $10 on powerball. Crap.

Probably not officially. SIU has a contract with http://www.collegesportslive.com/ from CBS Sports. They have a page up at http://www.collegesportslive.com/?media=517555 for premium users ($10/mo). But it looks like it is only audio. At least it only lists as "listen" rather than "watch".

I really don't want to pay $10 to just find out it is audio only. Hoping someone on here has a subscription that can say one way or the other. Because I will pay the $10 to watch it.
                              Not having a streaming option really makes it feel like we are stuck in 1990

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                                You are fighting a losing battle here, just admit that you are wrong.
                                I am wrong.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X