• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    I am wrong.
    Here is a man who is married.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      You have some good points. I agree that at this time, he is playing risk adverse basketball most of the time with a minor breakout at Southern Illinois. He showed that he can create some shots even though he rarely does it at this time. I think that Conner taking risks will increase but it will be interesting to see how much more he plays similar to how he did at Southern Illinois to create. He needs to look more for his shot. He is definitely easing into his role and his risk taking capabilities.
      This team has 2 alpha males on it and every other guard/wing player appear to be very cognizant of differing. For this team to reach it's ultimate upside without any high skilled low-post scorers, FVV & RB will have to encourage the other smalls to get more assertive. I believe CF in particular has intentionally made it a point to come in and fit in without overstepping his role which is the exact same mentality he had at KU. CF cannot play passive very well. At his core, he's about as assertive of an offensive player as I've ever seen so I believe he will be the first to break out of the box as he sees more and more of his typical off the bounce shots fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
        This team has 2 alpha males on it and every other guard/wing player appear to be very cognizant of differing. For this team to reach it's ultimate upside without any high skilled low-post scorers, FVV & RB will have to encourage the other smalls to get more assertive. I believe CF in particular has intentionally made it a point to come in and fit in without overstepping his role which is the exact same mentality he had at KU. CF cannot play passive very well. At his core, he's about as assertive of an offensive player as I've ever seen so I believe he will be the first to break out of the box as he sees more and more of his typical off the bounce shots fall.
        This. More.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
          I expect the following players to come off the bench and average 6-8 shots per game: Frankamp, McDuffie, Grady, Shamet (when he returns).

Some games may be more or less, depending on who's hot or cold, but if we can have that many weapons off the bench to go with Ron, Fred, Zach, and Shaq, then we will be tough to stop.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
            I expect the following players to come off the bench and average 6-8 shots per game: Frankamp, McDuffie, Grady, Shamet (when he returns).

Some games may be more or less, depending on who's hot or cold, but if we can have that many weapons off the bench to go with Ron, Fred, Zach, and Shaq, then we will be tough to stop.
            Might want to put Zach in the first group. Markis has taken 25% more shots in 15% less minutes than Zach. I don't think Grady is timid about putting the ball up either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Has anyone found a replay for this game? For those of us that don't have a subscription to channel 39363528364192 or whatever they decided to broadcast this on?
              I was stunned to find it was on CBS Sports...I'm so used to not seeing ANY game....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Might want to put Zach in the first group. Markis has taken 25% more shots in 15% less minutes than Zach. I don't think Grady is timid about putting the ball up either.
                Zach is a starter, so i didn't include him in that group. But i agree he should be a bit more assertive. We have lots of offensive weapons, just need them to realize when are the good spots to be aggressive. McDuffie is the only one who is regularly aggressive, IMO. I can live with what he's bringing, even if it means a boneheaded freshman moment now and again. But he also does an excellent job of looking for his teammates. (Which is one reason i don't think he should play the 4)

Comment

• Stretch 4 is offensively not different than a 3 (another wing) except on some set plays may post up. He needs to gain weight because with 6'8 " height, MM may be asked to guard another 4 (bigger player).

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    But he also does an excellent job of looking for his teammates. (Which is one reason i don't think he should play the 4)
                    Having a 4 that can pass is a huge advantage. That's not a reason to not make him a pf. With his speed and athleticism, he is a match-up nightmare on offense as a 3 (or 2) and can guard--and shut down--much smaller players on defense. I don't think he'll be a pf for those reasons, but I would love to have a 4 that can pass out of the post. Grady actually doesn't do too bad a job at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      Having a 4 that can pass is a huge advantage. That's not a reason to not make him a pf. With his speed and athleticism, he is a match-up nightmare on offense as a 3 (or 2) and can guard--and shut down--much smaller players on defense. I don't think he'll be a pf for those reasons, but I would love to have a 4 that can pass out of the post. Grady actually doesn't do too bad a job at that.
                      I agree with everything you've said.

IMO you want to keep McDuffie as a 3 to get the ball going through his hands more often during the flow of the offense.

Comment

• MM as a 4. Think Cle Early with amazing handles and ability to drive too (besides shooting capability). MM may not be as explosive yet. Additionally, MM isn't done growing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          Markis is a prototypical 3. Next year MM and ZB need to combine for more than 40 mpg. While they would be well suited to get minutes at the 2, Landry, Conner, and Peyton will probably eat those minutes up. I hope we can find a way to start Frankamp, Shamet, Brown, and McDuffie.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Markis is a prototypical 3. Next year MM and ZB need to combine for more than 40 mpg. While they would be well suited to get minutes at the 2, Landry, Conner, and Peyton will probably eat those minutes up. I hope we can find a way to start Frankamp, Shamet, Brown, and McDuffie.
                            Yes. MM Brown and Shamet are all AA type of players and CF is an all MVC type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Here is a man who is married.
                              To Clamdip? Good heavens. Anthony Kennedy led us even further astray than I had imagined.

Comment

Working...
                              X