Nevada Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Are all errors in judgment an act of stupidity?

If so, call me "Stupid".
    That split hair effort on his part was stupid...now to your request, I officially call you stupid. I hope that clears it up.
    :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      There are errors of judgment in which you should've really known better. Those may be classified as stupid

Players are taught never to pull up from wing on the break but to get to the center of the court to give them options. Players who are tracking the ballhandler as possible receivers are supposed to peel off from each other before they get to the free throw line. None of the above happened not to mention the shot blocker was allowed to sneak up on the play. Conner and the rest of the guys know better. Something they work on nearly every day in practice-3 on 1s, 2 on 1s, 3 on 2,s. Something that FVV never screws up. Coach and the rest of us have been spoiled
      If you have open three with two non-guarded rebounders it is a bad shot. He didn't see the defender and nobody called it out. Not stupid, but terribly executed.

Comment

• Now I partially know what Bill Clinton went through trying to explain the definition of "is."
        Jeez...

Comment

• An article from a Nevada paper/site that blames biased officiating for the lopsided loss:

The Nevada Appeal, the Silver State's oldest continuously run newspaper, first published on May 16, 1865.

Musselman, to be sure, wasn’t out-coached by Wichita’s Gregg Marshall. Musselman, in fact, wasn’t allowed to do any coaching at all because of all the fouls. He simply was scrambling all game long to put five competent players on the floor at the same time. And he didn’t always succeed. What this game showed was how small the Pack’s margin for error truly is this season. All it takes is one thing to go wrong, like biased officials on the road, for the wheels to completely fall off. It’s why, even when the Pack has beaten obviously limited teams this year, Musselman has been over-the-top positive and full of praise. We saw why on Tuesday.
          So, basically, Nevada lost because their players couldn't play and their coach couldn't coach. All because of the officials. Oh, and that explains why we have a long home-court win streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            An article from a Nevada paper/site that blames biased officiating for the lopsided loss:

The Nevada Appeal, the Silver State's oldest continuously run newspaper, first published on May 16, 1865.

So, basically, Nevada lost because their players couldn't play and their coach couldn't coach. All because of the officials. Oh, and that explains why we have a long home-court win streak.
            29 point prison-style thrashing blamed on officials. Suuuuuuurrre!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              An article from a Nevada paper/site that blames biased officiating for the lopsided loss:

lol.

So what is this idiot's definition of a foul?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This guy just made himself look like an extremely unprofessional homer.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• So any more info on the dustup/non-dustup between the coaches after the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    This guy just made himself look like an extremely unprofessional homer.
                    This big time!! He did NO homework what so ever.

At 9:16 in the first half, WSU was up 26-14. Nevada 7 fouls, WSU 6 fouls. FT Nevada 1-6, WSU 4-7. They were already down 12 and foul disparity had nothing to do with it.

At 8:12 of the second half it was WSU 72-48. Player fouls (not including T on the bench) had increased to a difference of Nevada 23, WSU 15. but WSU had a net gain of only 5 made FT from the 9:16 of the first half. So, WSU double the lead from 12 to 24, but only 5 of those points came from the line on player fouls.

Over the last 8 minutes, where Nevada was already down 24 (game over), came their foul fest (including 2 player Ts) at a time when we were going into the double bonus (not smart, by the players or the coach). Over those last minutes, WSU went 22-30 (we were 22-32 before the last 8 minutes including the bench T).

I might be off a foul here and there, but it's obvious that disparity in fouls called was not Nevada's problem for the loss, even by 20+. The late fouls only increased the margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      This big time!! He did NO homework what so ever.

At 9:16 in the first half, WSU was up 26-14. Nevada 7 fouls, WSU 6 fouls. FT Nevada 1-6, WSU 4-7. They were already down 12 and foul disparity had nothing to do with it.

At 8:12 of the second half it was WSU 72-48. Player fouls (not including T on the bench) had increased to a difference of Nevada 23, WSU 15. but WSU had a net gain of only 5 made FT from the 9:16 of the first half. So, WSU double the lead from 12 to 24, but only 5 of those points came from the line on player fouls.

Over the last 8 minutes, where Nevada was already down 24 (game over), came their foul fest (including 2 player Ts) at a time when we were going into the double bonus (not smart, by the players or the coach). Over those last minutes, WSU went 22-30 (we were 22-32 before the last 8 minutes including the bench T).

I might be off a foul here and there, but it's obvious that disparity in fouls called was not Nevada's problem for the loss, even by 20+. The late fouls only increased the margin.
                      This needs posted in the comment section of that tool's article.

Comment

• Nevada players lost their composure and played silly and dumb.

How often do you see three technicals in a single game?
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• http://www.nevadaappeal.com/sports/1...-the-wolf-pack

"The officials turned the game into a circus. Wichita State doesn’t need that type of help to win at home. Then again, maybe that’s why they always win at home."

Am I reading this wrong or is there an insinuation there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            http://www.nevadaappeal.com/sports/1...-the-wolf-pack

"The officials turned the game into a circus. Wichita State doesn’t need that type of help to win at home. Then again, maybe that’s why they always win at home."

Insinuation.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Or it could be WSU does not usually faoul as much as opponents:

2014-15 season:

Home games: 224 PF 259 Opp PF 1.156% more Opp fouls
                              Other games: 341 PF 364 Opp PF 1.067% more Opp fouls.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

As @ShockTalk pointed out in clear and convincing fashion the game was already a blowout when the differential in fouls began to heavily skew in favor of the Shockers. So this comment is accurate in that the Shocks did not need any help to dominate Nevada.

However, the observation that the officials turned the game into a circus is very debatable. In fact, what really appeared to have happened was that the game did, in fact, turn into a circus but it appeared to me the culprit was the total loss of control and lack of composure by a badly beaten Nevada team who simply gave up. I suppose it is possible Nevada did not lose control but made a conscious decision to see what they could get away with since it was obvious they could not stay with the Shocks playing within the rules.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 27, 2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X