WSU Versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Will the crowd even be a factor due to the early weekday tipoff? And why is it so early?
    The game is this coming Saturday. I presume the tipoff time was determined by Fox TV.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

east coast game broadcast on national television.

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post

PJ Carlesimo, Terry Dehere, and Adrian Griffin - 56
        PJ Cousinard, Terry Benton, and Joe Griffin - 71

Winning.

Comment

If the last two games are an indication I think the underclassmen on the team are starting to
          "get it" with get it meaning play angry defense both halves. Playing angry defensively is our
          forte and as long as the younger guys get it, play it , love it and adapt it as our identity as a
          team we will be successful. If TT and EH happen to be reading they need to learn it ASAP as
          their path to the court. Coming off two important wins usually points to a drop off and I
          expect one in the first half Saturday but a rebound in the second half for a 77-73 win.

Comment

Will the crowd even be a factor due to the early weekday tipoff? And why is it so early?
            For all of the extensive research you do with your amazing predictions on games, this is the best you could bring to the table?

A weekday game? Seriously?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think the crowd will most certainly be a factor...

And we will still beat them

Comment

Announced crowd will be 6,400 (won't be that many) Noon start. Shocks by 18. Way too disciplined for SH's sloppiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                  Announced crowd will be 6,400 (won't be that many) Noon start. Shocks by 18. Way too disciplined for SH's sloppiness.
                  I agree with you. I don't want to minimize a good team on the road, but I'm not sure how you reconcile our last two games against NBA players defensively and act like this is the same kind of matchup. Is anyone really supposed to predict a loss here when we just contained two very good ncaa tournament teams using our unpredictable front court? Our weakest link? And now we have a BACK court matchup? That means our All Americans have their work cut out for them, but they are still who they are. And Fred is getting healthier by the day.
                  I am fully aware that Seton Hall is dangerous but we are becoming very dangerous ourselves. I guess we will see. I suppose I would only predict a 5-10 point win, personally, but I think we will definitely be favored here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    For all of the extensive research you do with your amazing predictions on games, this is the best you could bring to the table?

A weekday game? Seriously?
                    Hey man, I made a mistake, BFD. I'm fairly certain my error won't collapse the economy or start WWIII.

By the way, I've enjoyed our online squabbles over the years and I anticipate many more to come. As Shockernet's resident antagonist, your uncanny ability to harangue WSU fans and outsiders alike is unmatched. Well done sir. Allow me to add one more accolade to your mantle, you're by far the biggest b*tch on SN too. Downshift a little, okay fella?

Comment

Watched SH curbstomp St. Peter's yesterday. They have a 6'9" big who looks good (over 10/10 per game) and they have Whitehead, so they're capable of an inside-out game.

The biggest obstacle we're going to have is keeping Whitehead under control when the game starts to slip away from them. Several times the announcers said the Coach Ken Willard's biggest kvetch with Whitehead was that he wasn't looking for his shot enough this year.

I think he won't have to worry about Whitehead looking for his shot in this game and I like us by 10. If we don't shut Whitehead down, less.

Comment

Hey man, I made a mistake, BFD. I'm fairly certain my error won't collapse the economy or start WWIII.

By the way, I've enjoyed our online squabbles over the years and I anticipate many more to come. As Shockernet's resident antagonist, your uncanny ability to harangue WSU fans and outsiders alike is unmatched. Well done sir. Allow me to add one more accolade to your mantle, you're by far the biggest b*tch on SN too. Downshift a little, okay fella?
                        Aw, KC a little grumpy today? :cry:

That paragraph is laughable on so many levels. Here's a mirror for ya.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          I agree with you. I don't want to minimize a good team on the road, but I'm not sure how you reconcile our last two games against NBA players defensively and act like this is the same kind of matchup. Is anyone really supposed to predict a loss here when we just contained two very good ncaa tournament teams using our unpredictable front court? Our weakest link? And now we have a BACK court matchup? That means our All Americans have their work cut out for them, but they are still who they are. And Fred is getting healthier by the day.
                          I am fully aware that Seton Hall is dangerous but we are becoming very dangerous ourselves. I guess we will see. I suppose I would

only predict a 5-10 point win, personally, but I think we will definitely be favored here.

Say what? Shox thrive on teams like this. No sleepwalking here. 4 losses took care of that.

Comment

If we are favored, it will be by 1 or 2 points, but road games are tough.

I agree that I think we'll win by 5-10, but I'd be surprised with more than the line I mentioned above.

Comment

Sloppy ball-handling (the pirates turn it over nearly 20% of the time) is not a good recipe for winning against the shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                                Sloppy ball-handling (the pirates turn it over nearly 20% of the time) is not a good recipe for winning against the shocks.
                                Teams that don't turn it over have bad games against the Shockers. Teams that already turn it over are in big trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X