No announcement yet.

UNLV Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I kinda like the UNLV fans stopping by. They give us something new and entertaining. Oh and Sinistral too.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Hall View Post
      OK, The Shockers won, almost fair & square. But, whether because of WSU defense, or not, UNLV played, by far, their worst game of the season, and yet, they had a reasonable shot to win this game down the stretch. Down 3 with a minute left is not exactly a blowout.

So I wouldn't be crowing too loudly were I a Shocker fan. Take the win and hope that major improvement is on the way...That said, congrats on the "W".
      We matched the betting line exactly, and shot a lower percentage than your club I believe, so I'm not sure of your point.

Besides, the list of teams who have lost to us by "playing their worst" is a mile long. It is called a coach that stresses and recruits with a defense-first mentality.

Just be glad you didn't lose by 20 to us again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
        Man what is with all these UNLV fans coming out of the woodwork just to b**** and moan? Definitely a poor showing from that fanbase. Also heard that some UNLV fans had to be restrained by the event staff after the game. Anyone else see that?
        Well if their internet posters are an indicator of what their actual traveling fans are like, it wouldn't surprise me.

If that's true, they're really looking bad here.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          And we played like less crap. And more importantly we got the win. I'll take a crappy win over a crappy loss any day.

You guys are polite and happy before the game, but man, rack up the L, and you start getting an edge. You lost, ok? Lost at a team that's better than yours. Learn how to win on the road and play as a team. Oh and not turn the ball over every other possession.
          I think the majority of the Rebel fans on here have been pretty cordial. I'm pretty sure we know how to play as a team and not turn the ball over, they had a bad game, every team has them. Maybe your team should learn to play without VanFleet So you don't lose 3 in a row. Rebel fans may be upset about the loss, but I have to say you guys have some of the douchiest fans after a win, and I thought San Diego St fans were bad. Goodluck the rest of the way and feel free to ban me because I'm positive I won't be back because I'm sure your team would never have the balls to take a trip to Vegas and play on our court for a change.
          Last edited by Gator 82; December 9, 2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

And I absolutely loved the rebbbbbbbbbbbels cheer late in the game. Did the Rebels even lead tonight? At all?

Honestly, that's one of the lamer chants I've ever heard. I almost went straight narcoleptic when that started going on.
            Neg, and agreed.

Comment

OK, The Shockers won, almost fair & square. But, whether because of WSU defense, or not, UNLV played, by far, their worst game of the season, and yet, they had a reasonable shot to win this game down the stretch. Down 3 with a minute left is not exactly a blowout.

So I wouldn't be crowing too loudly were I a Shocker fan. Take the win and hope that major improvement is on the way...That said, congrats on the "W".
              The Season we made it to the Final 4, fans from all 4 teams we defeated were saying they played their worst game all Season. Sometime our Defense dictates the pace we want to play and helps us win lots of tough games. Tonight, our shots were way off compared to what they will be. UNLV will keep getting better too and we want you to win lots of games now and I truly think you will. It is rare we lose a home game which explains why so many big teams avoid coming here to play.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldRebelGeezer50 View Post
                Some of you young bucks fail to realize that aggressive play matters more than mere numbers. Harummphhh. Guess I was like that at yer age too. Xcept I was fightin the Krauts, not postin on these here newfangled Interwebs.
                I look forward to your analysis on the 19 turnovers.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Almost fair and square? How about our coach outcoached your lame coach? That's right. Your coach might be able to recruit decent but he is a lame game coach. Good luck with that!
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

And we played like less crap. And more importantly we got the win. I'll take a crappy win over a crappy loss any day.

You guys are polite and happy before the game, but man, rack up the L, and you start getting an edge. You lost, ok? Lost at a team that's better than yours. Learn how to win on the road and play as a team. Oh and not turn the ball over every other possession.
                    I haven't looked up the stats, but I'd venture that was our worst FT AND 3 pt shooting night and we still won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator 82 View Post
                      I think the majority of the Rebel fans on here have been pretty cordial. I'm pretty sure we know how to play as a team and not turn the ball over, they had a bad game, everybody has me. Maybe your team should learn to play without VanFleet So you don't lose 3 in a row. Rebel fans may be upset about the loss, but I have to say you guys have some of the doichiest fans after a win, and I thought San Diego St fans were bad. Goodluck the rest of the way and feel free to ban me because I'm positive I won't be back because I'm sure your team would never have the balls to take a trip to Vegas and Polly on our court for a change.
                      1. You don't get to claim that your fans have been cordial and then insult the opposing team and fan base in the next sentences.
                      2. I don't know what is means to be doichy.
                      3. Just because your team can't win on the road doesn't mean that other teams are afraid to play on the road.
                      4. Maybe when it comes to programs that need to play better, it's not the one that has been to a Final Four, a Sweet Sixteen, and had an undefeated regular season the last 3 years.
                      5. If you don't like how fan bases act after a win, maybe it has a little something to do with your own fan base being a little less "cordial" than you seem to believe.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think the majority of the Rebel fans on here have been pretty cordial. I'm pretty sure we know how to play as a team and not turn the ball over, they had a bad game, every team has them. Maybe your team should learn to play without VanFleet So you don't lose 3 in a row. Rebel fans may be upset about the loss, but I have to say you guys have some of the douchiest fans after a win, and I thought San Diego St fans were bad. Goodluck the rest of the way and feel free to ban me because I'm positive I won't be back because I'm sure your team would never have the balls to take a trip to Vegas and Polly on our court for a change.
                        We actually like it when opposing fans stop by and generally get along with them. Unfortunately your team had some particularly bad actors that preceded you and ruined it for everybody.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think the majority of the Rebel fans on here have been pretty cordial. I'm pretty sure we know how to play as a team and not turn the ball over, they had a bad game, every team has them. Maybe your team should learn to play without VanFleet So you don't lose 3 in a row. Rebel fans may be upset about the loss, but I have to say you guys have some of the douchiest fans after a win, and I thought San Diego St fans were bad. Goodluck the rest of the way and feel free to ban me because I'm positive I won't be back because I'm sure your team would never have the balls to take a trip to Vegas and Polly on our court for a change.
                          So long hope you never come back!
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I think the majority of the Rebel fans on here have been pretty cordial. I'm pretty sure we know how to play as a team and not turn the ball over, they had a bad game, every team has them. Maybe your team should learn to play without VanFleet So you don't lose 3 in a row. Rebel fans may be upset about the loss, but I have to say you guys have some of the douchiest fans after a win, and I thought San Diego St fans were bad. Goodluck the rest of the way and feel free to ban me because I'm positive I won't be back because I'm sure your team would never have the balls to take a trip to Vegas and play on our court for a change.
                            Says the team that just played its first road game 9 games into the season

Comment

• image.jpg

Don't know why they are so mad --Evan let their guy sniff his chest.

Comment

Well, thanks for proving my point, loser.

LOL, they had a bad game. Of course they did. Don't you just hate when that happens? 19 turnovers, scoring 50 points. Just one of those dealios huh?

HEY DOUCHEBAG, GO BACK AND READ EVERY WHINYASS POST MR. GEEZER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD. Then get back to me on douchiest fans. You're on OUR board, not the other way around.

Are you slow? This game was scheduled by the conferences. WSU had no control over this game. So GFY idiot. I hope you enjoyed the L and I honestly hope you make the NIT. It would be a huge step up for you guys.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X