WSU Versus UNLV Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    I lost interest in what was being said, BUT was excited I only have see this clown act for about a year.

Comment

• Shox win 76-66. Feels good to have Fred back!

Comment

• Wednesday will be a fun night. I see some people ragging on UNLV and their coach, so I would like to address a couple things. I'm not the biggest fan of Dave Rice, mostly because he hasn't given me a reason to be a fan. But, the guy can recruit his a@@ off, and what I've noticed from our teams the past couple years is that we played too much like individuals, instead of a team. Occasionally our players would put things together and play like a team, and when they did they would play some amazing basketball, but those moments were too few and far in between. Maybe that is the negative for recruiting highly regarded players who are only thinking about life in the NBA. Maybe that's on Rice, maybe not. Anyway, I digress. Our team this year seems to be different. We have unselfish players that want to play together. We don't have individuals on this team, and surprise, we are playing better. And the coaching seems to more on point this year as well too (although that UCLA game sill irks me).

WSU scares the hell out of me. That game a few years ago scarred me emotionally. I think I crawled into a corner and sucked my thumb for a couple hours after that beatdown. So I'm a little afraid for Wednesday. I know WSU was highly ranked to start the season for a reason. I think whoever wins this game will come away with a really good resume boost. Good luck on Wednesday and good luck in March. I would love to see you guys beat up on some blue bloods. Us non-power six schools gotta stick together and rise up.

Comment

• If this game was on the road, I think a different outcome may occur. But I will predict a little CKA magic and the Shox with a 70-63 victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVpride View Post
            Wednesday will be a fun night. I see some people ragging on UNLV and their coach, so I would like to address a couple things. I'm not the biggest fan of Dave Rice, mostly because he hasn't given me a reason to be a fan. But, the guy can recruit his a@@ off, and what I've noticed from our teams the past couple years is that we played too much like individuals, instead of a team. Occasionally our players would put things together and play like a team, and when they did they would play some amazing basketball, but those moments were too few and far in between. Maybe that is the negative for recruiting highly regarded players who are only thinking about life in the NBA. Maybe that's on Rice, maybe not. Anyway, I digress. Our team this year seems to be different. We have unselfish players that want to play together. We don't have individuals on this team, and surprise, we are playing better. And the coaching seems to more on point this year as well too (although that UCLA game sill irks me).

WSU scares the hell out of me. That game a few years ago scarred me emotionally. I think I crawled into a corner and sucked my thumb for a couple hours after that beatdown. So I'm a little afraid for Wednesday. I know WSU was highly ranked to start the season for a reason. I think whoever wins this game will come away with a really good resume boost. Good luck on Wednesday and good luck in March. I would love to see you guys beat up on some blue bloods. Us non-power six schools gotta stick together and rise up.
            Now THIS is how you earn respect on an opposing team's message board. rebel lover or whatever his name was could learn a few things from you. I also think it will be a good game, and as I stated earlier (somewhere), Rice or his staff are damn good recruiters. They just haven't been able to put that together with turning those 4-5* guys into great teams (yet). This will be a battle that our AA backcourt will have to carry us through, and I hope they do just that.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Wednesday will be a fun night. I see some people ragging on UNLV and their coach, so I would like to address a couple things. I'm not the biggest fan of Dave Rice, mostly because he hasn't given me a reason to be a fan. But, the guy can recruit his a@@ off, and what I've noticed from our teams the past couple years is that we played too much like individuals, instead of a team. Occasionally our players would put things together and play like a team, and when they did they would play some amazing basketball, but those moments were too few and far in between. Maybe that is the negative for recruiting highly regarded players who are only thinking about life in the NBA. Maybe that's on Rice, maybe not. Anyway, I digress. Our team this year seems to be different. We have unselfish players that want to play together. We don't have individuals on this team, and surprise, we are playing better. And the coaching seems to more on point this year as well too (although that UCLA game sill irks me).

Thanks for stopping by. Haven't seen you guys play much this year, but it's encouraging to hear that you are playing more team-oriented ball. Hope you guys kick ass the rest of the year after Wednesday.

Comment

I think that the comments you are referring to were responses to a UNLV troll that came here last night and this morning. I can assure you that WSU fans have a tremendous amount of respect for UNLV especially the athleticism of your team. Thanks for your well reasoned comments. And we appreciate the opportunity to have dialogue with reasonable fans of opposing teams.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Welcome @UNLVpride:

Really appreciate the comments. This is gonna be a great game and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for stopping by.

Comment

• UNLV Pride made a lot of sense. With our team at the beginning of the year playing in Florida and improving each game, I would have felt extremely confident that the outcome would come out in favor of the Shockers at home and even on the road. I still think that it will be a great game but to be honest, we are still a little rusty with Fred playing very few minutes this year. The effects of the injuries to Fred, Anton, and Landry, are still being felt, and Conner still has to be rusty too. We aren't as polished as we will be in March. I will be there supporting our team and coach but I'm very hopeful right now that we will win rather than I am confident. I would have been willing to admit this yesterday but Rebel Lover was such a jerk, I couldn't bring myself to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      UNLV Pride made a lot of sense. With our team at the beginning of the year playing in Florida and improving each game, I would have felt extremely confident that the outcome would come out in favor of the Shockers at home and even on the road. I still think that it will be a great game but to be honest, we are still a little rusty with Fred playing very few minutes this year. The effects of the injuries to Fred, Anton, and Landry, are still being felt, and Conner still has to be rusty too. We aren't as polished as we will be in March. I will be there supporting our team and coach but I'm very hopeful right now that we will win rather than I am confident. I would have been willing to admit this yesterday but Rebel Lover was such a jerk, I couldn't bring myself to it.
                      Couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly what I think too. I'm very uncertain about a win but this season has been so crazy that I wouldn't even say I'm "nervous" either. I'm gonna have fun and not sweat it. Good luck to WSU and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• A lot of athletes for UNLV obviously. The ROUNDHOUSE will be rocking!!! Still worried about the hammy for the nation's best PG and team leader. A couple All-Americans + one Top-40 recruit (albeit his 1st game action in over a year) going against a very formidable opponent = a really really good game!!! If Fred can stay in the game...this game will probably come down to the final possession. GO SHOCKS!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          This may be the dumbest post yet. And that's saying something.
                          Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Joe Ragland was a great PG for WSU, and had a fantastic offensive senior season.

But as you say, talent matters, and the chasm between he and FVV couldn't be jumped by Tekele Cotton.

I don't think I ever compared FVV to Joe, that said the 2011-12 team would b!tch slap this years team....anyone who says otherwise has little basketball IQ. I would bet all my tip money from serving Arnie Palmers at the club on 2011-12 shox vs 15-16'. I don't have time to look up the exact stats but that team averaged close to 38% from 3 and over 53% from the field. Let me know when this team shoots those numbers for a game. 2012 was a senior dominate team that went 7 deep with Toure', Ragland, Williams. Smith, Stutz, Kyles and Hall....with Cotton getting decent minutes by the end of the season. Who on this team would/could check Hall and Stutz in the post? Answer: No one. If they double down, Ragland shot 50% from 3. Smith and Toure' would dog Baker, Fred would get his but that would pretty much be ball game. This years team will not be a 5 seed and actually 11-12 should of been a 3 or 4 seed. Like I said that team beats this years team by 10+ every time....

Comment

• Emily on KSN sports at 6:00 just finished her report on the Shockers by saying that CF would return this weekend. It didn't sound specific as to not before this weekend, and she slightly stuttered...maybe she meant this week? Soes anybody have more up-to=date information?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                              I don't think I ever compared FVV to Joe, that said the 2011-12 team would b!tch slap this years team....anyone who says otherwise has little basketball IQ. I would bet all my tip money from serving Arnie Palmers at the club on 2011-12 shox vs 15-16'. I don't have time to look up the exact stats but that team averaged close to 38% from 3 and over 53% from the field. Let me know when this team shoots those numbers for a game. 2012 was a senior dominate team that went 7 deep with Toure', Ragland, Williams. Smith, Stutz, Kyles and Hall....with Cotton getting decent minutes by the end of the season. Who on this team would/could check Hall and Stutz in the post? Answer: No one. If they double down, Ragland shot 50% from 3. Smith and Toure' would dog Baker, Fred would get his but that would pretty much be ball game. This years team will not be a 5 seed and actually 11-12 should of been a 3 or 4 seed. Like I said that team beats this years team by 10+ every time....
                              I agree wth this. The hope is that by March it won't be true anymore, but it's true today. It's no knock on our current team either. That team was loaded, experienced and very deep. They destroyed MVC teams by 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                Emily on KSN sports at 6:00 just finished her report on the Shockers by saying that CF would return this weekend. It didn't sound specific as to not before this weekend, and she slightly stuttered...maybe she meant this week? Soes anybody have more up-to=date information?
                                Ahh crap. I thought it was a done deal he would be playing agaisnt the Runnin' Rebels.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X