Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rebel lover View Post
    Just stop it....

The chewing has gone beyond me. Like I said. Cool dunk, much wow, such vertical. I'd like to see him crack his own line-up. Must be a defensive MVP.

Comment

• I just dropped by the UNLV boards to see how many Shocker fans are over there telling them they are going to lose. That would be none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinistral View Post
        Meaning they have high verticals? Impressive. That's one aspect of athleticism. ZB, although he hasn't realized it yet, can get to the hoop in two steps no dribble. Soon as that dummy figures it out, hes gonna be exceptional. Takes up a lot of the court too.
        There are plenty of reasons to like Brown (and his athleticism) or whomever on the Shockers roster over players for the Rebels, but they are more athletic in a basketball sense than we are. They aren't better, just more athletic. Pick something else to go after, like Ron Bakers inability to shoot off the dribble.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          I just dropped by the UNLV boards to see how many Shocker fans are over there telling them they are going to lose. That would be none.
          Ya don't say

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            There are plenty of reasons to like Brown (and his athleticism) or whomever on the Shockers roster over players for the Rebels, but they are more athletic in a basketball sense than we are. They aren't better, just more athletic. Pick something else to go after, like Ron Bakers inability to shoot off the dribble.
            I'd like to reply to that with my original question and statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owp99 View Post
              Exactly. They get good recruiting classes and go nowhere with them.
              As it happens the reason we've got some success this year is because the system and the players are in sync now. Rice has been there for 5 years and hit the reset button 2 years ago. Didn't do well those two years, but didn't sit on our hands either. We couldn't press last year, weren't near as deep, and had trouble with the zone. This year we have a lot of depth, good to great defense, and a solid zone attack. Plus we have some shooters. I love it how the argument goes from - Why isn't Derrick Jones starting? to Why haven't the Rebs done anything with their talent? So weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                UNLV has two NCAA tournament wins in the last 25 years.
                LOL.

Imagine where'd they be if they didn't have all that athleticism.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'd like to reply to that with my original question and statement.
                  Yes they are more athletic in a basketball sense, meaning they jump higher.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

As it happens the reason we've got some success this year is because the system and the players are in sync now. Rice has been there for 5 years and hit the reset button 2 years ago. Didn't do well those two years, but didn't sit on our hands either. We couldn't press last year, weren't near as deep, and had trouble with the zone. This year we have a lot of depth, good to great defense, and a solid zone attack. Plus we have some shooters. I love it how the argument goes from - Why isn't Derrick Jones starting? to Why haven't the Rebs done anything with their talent? So weak.
                    How is that weak? You want to taunt recruiting classes, we get to taunt results. Do you guys hang banners for recruiting classes?

Comment

Is it? I don't think the argument is the weak link in this lesson. ;)
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Yes they are more athletic in a basketball sense, meaning they jump higher.
                        I'm going to excuse your lack of "basketball sense" definition. Congrats to UNLV for jumping higher. Call me when they can do something with that offensive rebound.

Comment

Believe me, no argument is happening. I have no doubt your team is a great team. Acting like WSU at home is a pushover using the rationale that we lost some games with 3 starters out and a 4th starter in the hospital practically clinging to his ability to walk again is crazy and disrespectful

Comment

• I guess it all gets figured out on Wednesday. Good luck.

Comment

I'm going to excuse your lack of "basketball sense" definition. Congrats to UNLV for jumping higher. Call me when they can do something with that offensive rebound.
                              You would be wise to back away from this. Basketball isn't all about how athletic you are, but that's the discussion. You look foolish arguing this. I was trying to help you out, but if you want to keep at it, it's all yours.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I guess it all gets figured out on Wednesday. Good luck.
                                Miss you.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X