No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually agree with Gene Wojciechowski on ESPN.com. Adding three more play-in games would allow a few more spots. As long as we have one, why not have one in each region?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      KU better learn to shoot free throws better if they want to make it to the Final 4 no matter who they play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that KU was in the top 2 this season in Big 12 games in FT shooting at 76%. That's pretty freaking good.

Comment

• I hope he means Memphis. They're in the 300's in shooting free throws

Comment

• Actually, my comment on KU and free-throws stemmed from their misses down the stretch today that delayed them 'sealing the deal' versus Texas. KU does appear to be a Final 4 Team this year unless they have to play a "B" team along the way as in years past. North Carolina has been the team that has impressed me this year. I think NC also had some key FT misses versus Clemson that they need to shore up. NC also is in a very tough bracket.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I'll toss this out as a solution to the "lack of bids" problem. I think its high time there are requirements for D1 basketball. As it is now, anyone can declare themselves D1 which now has over 330 teams. If we had requirements that could get this down to 6 BCS and 6 non-BCS conferences, we'd get a lot more BCS teams on the schedule and we'd get home games to boot. If they're really all they think they are, then we could find out on a level playing field. The only way to find out though is to get rid of half of D1.

Comment

• I am sick of Bilas. If you are going to have an opinion, atleast use all the facts. I think Bilas needs to try and make a schedule for an MVC team next year, maybe then he will see that no "major" wants to play us except at their place with no return game.

Villanova is in, they started out 11-1 and fthen went 11-10 to finish the season at 22-11.

And Arizona gets an at large bid at 19-14? That has to be the most losses by a team ever to receive an at large bid.

I know Ill St doesn't have the greatest resume, but I would take them over these 2.
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk
                I am sick of Bilas. If you are going to have an opinion, atleast use all the facts. I think Bilas needs to try and make a schedule for an MVC team next year, maybe then he will see that no "major" wants to play us except at their place with no return game.

Villanova is in, they started out 11-1 and fthen went 11-10 to finish the season at 22-11.

And Arizona gets an at large bid at 19-14? That has to be the most losses by a team ever to receive an at large bid.

I know Ill St doesn't have the greatest resume, but I would take them over these 2.

Georgia was barely .500 a few years back and got an at large...maybe 1 game over.

Comment

• Anyone think Bob Knight is an awesome analyst?

They asked him what he thought about getting the No. 1 seed.

Knight said he didn't care for them.

Digger tried to convince him otherwise, "But you had to like playing in Indianapolis (when you coached Indiana)."

Knight replied, "There are a lot of things I don't like about Indianapolis."

Comment

• Originally posted by 7hottamales
                    Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                    KU better learn to shoot free throws better if they want to make it to the Final 4 no matter who they play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that KU was in the top 2 this season in Big 12 games in FT shooting at 76%. That's pretty freaking good.
                    I'm not sure what the ranking is, but according to the KU basketball web site, we're 75.6% in conference play. We have had a few bad games from the stripe, but, stragely, we have actually shot a combined 83% in our three losses. We're a pretty doggone good team unless our guys lose focus. When that happens, we do things like let Yale outrebound us.

Comment

• Coach Knight isn't as good when they start throwing numbers out there, but he's nails when it comes to pure analysis. He makes everyone wonder why Digger Phelps still has his job.

Comment

• Knight has been great. I like his idea of allowing 128 teams and letting them play an extra game.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• 789, what, you want to give the BCS 64 more at large bids?

Comment

• Knight is a genius. think about it: the fans get an extra round of tournament play, the NCAA makes more money, and the teams that aren't in the field of 64 are given another chance. winners all around

Comment

• I just hope somehow George Mason makes it to the Sweet 16 to play UNC again. Think Roy will panic when he's getting outcoached again by a "mid-major" coach who doesn't have 3-4 nba players on the floor???

Comment

• Here's a positive considering a below-average year for the Valley:

5 teams in post season play. :good:

Drake = NCAA
                                Ill. St. = NIT
                                Creighton = NIT
                                So. Ill. = NIT
                                Bradley = CBI
                                SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                                X