No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or we could join the Big East in their next expansion west.

Seriously, there is only one way the Shockers are going to be looked at as a major power and that is to dominate the Valley year after year. We have to use Gonzaza and Memphis as examples follow. The way it's set up there will be six major conferences in the eyes of most for many, many years to come.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• The only problem with that is Memphis and Gonzaga play in weaker conferences. But you're right. We have to get to the point where we're at the very top every year.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• do you think creighton or souther ill. gets left out with ill st.'s resume? I certainly dont
        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• A few of the ESPN announcers believe that Drake is the best 3 point shooting team at the Dance this year. That was a nice compliment. They also seemed impressed with Winthrop as a team to watch. However, one of the announcers did not think they are quite as good this Season after losing their best player last year to graduation.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUShokker
            do you think creighton or souther ill. gets left out with ill st.'s resume? I certainly dont
            I'd bet they'd get in. Most of this is based on reputaion and name recognition. CU and SIU provide a little of both
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• It will also help when we play teams such as Texas Tech in the future that could be a top 50 type team. They seem to look at big wins a lot as they select. I concur that we need to get our groove on in the Valley on a regular basis. We may be a Season away from this. No way do we want to be a 1 and done team from our Sweet 16 appearence 2 Seasons ago.

Comment

• I'm thanking the stars that Drake isn't in KU's bracket. They scare the daylights out of me, and MVC teams always play KU extremely tough in the tourney. Good luck, West Bracket.

What kind of upsets are you guys picking? I'm eyeing that Pitt/ORU game. I know Pitt is a tough team, but I think they're due for a let-down and ORU ... well, they can pull off some upsets.

Also, how about a Mason/Winthrop match-up for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen? That'd be a great ball game.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Ok, who caused the screen to STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH OUT!

my bad......I'll fix it.

If it's not about the conference then how in the world does The bigleast get 8? Trust me, it's about the conference no matter what these idiots spew.
                  I'm not completely sure about this. The ACC only received 4 auto's and they have the number 1 overall seed.
                  SFL is back!

Comment

• KU better learn to shoot free throws better if they want to make it to the Final 4 no matter who they play.

Comment

• God is Vitalle just a friggin idiot or what...ive never seen bobby knight with nothing to say...
                      1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• I waited for the Redbird announcement, and when I saw that that last team was probably Baylor, all I could do is shrug my shoulders. Baylor deserved to get in over Illinois State. I'm not entirely sure what Illinois State DID to get in the NCAA Tourney. Does getting blown out by Drake on National TV count? :roll:

The Valley was down this year. Even with my "Turginator" sunglasses, I can see the obvious. Few, if any, marquee wins for anybody in the Valley really hurt Illinois State. Drake was the top team in the Valley, nobody else came close.

I can't make much of an argument for any other teams that got in that maybe shouldn't have, but Illinois State had little to hang their Redbird hat on.

Do what Drake did: win, win, and win some more. You get in. If you can't win the Conference auto bid, you have to schedule well, win on the non-conference road, and perform well in conference. (it worked well for Bradley and WSU a couple of years ago when few of us were complaining.)

Comment

• The year we did get in 4 worthy teams, Mo State should have also been allowed in. That would have made the Annoucers bawl even louder like a calf in a hailstorm. That Season, the Mo Valley did awesome outside League play and was a top 3 or 4 Conference , higher than the Big 12 if I recall correctly.

Comment

• I do like Mason's shot against ND. Winthrop will have problems with the other WSU but could do it. Kent St. wouldn't really be much of an upset being the 8/9 game. Davidson could knock off Gonzaga. ORU definitely has a shot. I think Saint Mary's could take out Miami.

Those are the ones I'd consider picking. Obviously not all of them when it comes down to it though...
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Did Bilas just say that Mids get a break for not playing tougher competition???
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                                I do like Mason's shot against ND. Winthrop will have problems with the other WSU but could do it. Kent St. wouldn't really be much of an upset being the 8/9 game. Davidson could knock off Gonzaga. ORU definitely has a shot. I think Saint Mary's could take out Miami.

Those are the ones I'd consider picking. Obviously not all of them when it comes down to it though...
                                Good choices. I think Baylor, if their guards can resurrect their games, has a good shot at Purdue. I'm not sold on the Big 10.

Arizona could also easily knock of West Virginia, although a 10 over a 7 is not a huge upset.

Among the usual 5-12 matchups that always seem to produce at least one upset, I hate to say it but Drake is as much or more at risk vs Western Kentucky as are the the other 5 seeds in their opening matchups.

Comment

Working...
                                X