WSU Versus Iowa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Team who only has one D1 win against a 1-4 team 62, Iowa 73.
    I really, really hate you.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU by 75.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Alabama and USC were bad teams, wins over us or no. Neither will finish in the top half of their conference. Iowa is a good team, even if they have also gone 0-2 this tournament. That doesn't mean they'll win, because I simply cannot believe we'll shoot as badly as we have the past few games, but it does mean we have to play much higher level ball than we have the past few games to come home with a W. We'll need to ride McDuffie and Baker for all they are worth, and Taylor will need to either shoot far better or give those two touches on each and every possession. I would not be surprised if Rauno plays; he won't lose a redshirt for playing one game.

Comment

#McDuffieShouldStart
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I just hope we can figure out how to shoot the basketball. Has been turrrrible the past couple games. And with Anton being out (Thank GOD he's going to be ok), I have to think Shaq plays at least a little right? Surely Marshall has been lighting a fire under his ass this afternoon and telling he's gonna have to step it up for his team. Still nervous about this one too...

My prediction: Another nail-biter. No idea who wins.

Comment

Shox win...please..just to shut KC up if nothing else. That guy is a drain on the system.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I really don't even care if they win or lose. Grady getting better is great. As far as I'm concerned, A new season starts 12/5 (or whenever FVV starts). That's when the REAL WSU team will show up.

For those of you concerned with the losses this week, lets look at other Top 25 Teams this week.

10 Gonzaga lost to 25 Texas AM
                11 Arizona lost to (NR) Providence
                13 Indiana Lost to (NR) UNLV, Lost to (NR) Wake Forest
                14 Cal lost to (NR) SDSU, Lost to (NR) Richmond
                15 Miami lost to (NR) Northeastern
                17 Notre Dame lost to (NR) Monmouth
                18 UCONN lost to (NR) Syracuse, lost to 10 Gonzaga
                19 Vanderbilt lost to 5 KU (this one isn't bad but still a loss
                22 LSU lost to (NR) NC State, (NR) Marquette
                25 Texas AM lost to (NR) Syracuse

That's just this week ... Anyone feel any better?

Comment

I don't feel better lol, but your right, were not the only team losing. The idea that USC and Alabama are terrible teams is a bit of a stretch. Are the great teams no, but USC did beat Monouth, who did beat UCLA in L.A. and Notre Dame. Should we have beat them, yes, and with the team we will have in mid Febuary or even in a few weeks, no doubt we win. Alabama always plays us tough, they are a defensive team, and when you don't shoot good, well they can give you fits. I think in a best of seven, we win in 5. Teams every year lose to teams they shouldn't. K.U., Kentucky, Arizona, Duke, everyone at some point will lose a game or two. We gotta keep it real here...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    I don't feel better lol, but your right, were not the only team losing. The idea that USC and Alabama are terrible teams is a bit of a stretch. Are the great teams no, but USC did beat Monouth, who did beat UCLA in L.A. and Notre Dame. Should we have beat them, yes, and with the team we will have in mid Febuary or even in a few weeks, no doubt we win. Alabama always plays us tough, they are a defensive team, and when you don't shoot good, well they can give you fits. I think in a best of seven, we win in 5. Teams every year lose to teams they shouldn't. K.U., Kentucky, Arizona, Duke, everyone at some point will lose a game or two. We gotta keep it real here...
                    Alabama is terrible. They lost 80-48 to Dayton. 32 points. 64-45 versus Xavier. A team with a new coach that was in the bottom half of the SEC last year.
                    USC was literally last in the Pac12. Xavier handled them pretty easy, the final margin is misleading because the half-time margin was 27 points and it was still 18 points with 2 minutes to go.

Both will be in the "bad losses" column early March.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I predict neither Shaq nor Rauno play. Walkons getting minutes at the 4-5. Two players other than Ron really need to play well Sunday. Brown, Kelly, McDuffie, Taylor? Too much needs to go right and too little can go wrong for me to predict a win. No one getting hurt, the real Zach Brown showing up and TT taking 10 or fewer shots would be enough positives for me to be happy.
                      Taylor needs to shoot less and dribble drive and find the open man...he really stinks at finding ron or helping him get better looks...the good thing is 3G gets to find out now rather then later what he has in the cupboard...the sophomore class is weaker then expected...bet two scholarships open up this spring

Comment

I predict 3 less seats filled,, No way did I see us in the 7 _8 place game when I was planning activities for my Niece at Disney. So... prolly not gonna see us at this one ,At some point the team has to help me out with the plan of the day and being off my the entire session just don't cut it.
                        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                          All those teams were at full strength when they lost too, not missing 3 of their top 5 players.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            I predict neither Shaq nor Rauno play. Walkons getting minutes at the 4-5. Two players other than Ron really need to play well Sunday. Brown, Kelly, McDuffie, Taylor? Too much needs to go right and too little can go wrong for me to predict a win. No one getting hurt, the real Zach Brown showing up and TT taking 10 or fewer shots would be enough positives for me to be happy.
                            Walkons getting minutes at the 4-5. Let's post up JRS.........................

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              Alabama and USC were bad teams, wins over us or no. Neither will finish in the top half of their conference. Iowa is a good team, even if they have also gone 0-2 this tournament. That doesn't mean they'll win, because I simply cannot believe we'll shoot as badly as we have the past few games, but it does mean we have to play much higher level ball than we have the past few games to come home with a W. We'll need to ride McDuffie and Baker for all they are worth, and Taylor will need to either shoot far better or give those two touches on each and every possession. I would not be surprised if Rauno plays; he won't lose a redshirt for playing one game.
                              He does lose the redshirt by playing one game.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Just play hard, shox!

Stay healthy.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X