• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is this game happening???
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

09:00 CST ESPN 3 Sunday

Comment

Sunday...Sunday....SUNDAY!!!
        Gracious I_Vector_Wu!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          I don't know whats worse. KC Shox and his schtick or people that try and defend it.
          I'm not defending anything or anyone. Just stating the facts. Sure we have had some bad breaks with injuries to key people. It is during stituations like this when a team or group really needs to pull together and step up. So far, less than a handful have stepped up to be counted.

You want to whitewash it and not face the truth. Fine. Get off the cute smart ass insinuations and grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            I don't know whats worse. KC Shox and his schtick or people that try and defend it.
            You Sunshine Pumpers crack me up. UNC has been in the same position as us, a top 10 team who lost their Senior guard due to injury and that hasn't stopped them from winning 5 games, (all against D1 competition mind you). I'm sorry the majority of Shocker fans simply can't accept the fact that none of our sophomores have exhibited a modicum of improvement from last year. Instead, what I'm seeing by some of these guys has been marginal improvement at best and regression in others (Shaq). It's a sad state of affairs that one player can bring down a team to SWAC levels.

Now, I will say comparing us to UNC may not be entirely fair, as I would venture to say that their sophomores (Justin Jackson 14.7 PPG, Joel Berry 11.5 PPG, and Theo Pinson 7.2 PPG) are simply more athletic and skilled and therefore have a shorter learning curve. If that's the case, then I must be too critical of these guys as I should expect them to start turning the corner in their Junior and Senior seasons, just like a good ol' mid-major player is supposed to. Evidently I thought GM recruited a kid that was more advanced than your stereotypical mid-major player.

With no real Juniors on this team, we've got nobody to pick up the slack and are relegated to being a 2-man team (RB and Grady). I love me some Markis as he could play on any high major team. He needs to start, the added pressure for him to contribute will do him some good and pay dividends in March. When FVV comes back, AND if he comes back healthy, the Shox will resort back to their old ways - being dominant again. Until then, this team is going to lose in bunches as our sophomores can't live up to OUR expectations. Yes, missing your floor general who directs, assists, and places his teammates in the position to score hurts, but these sophomores are proving they are totally reliant on FVV to be successful, because other than RB, MM and AG, nobody can create on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              WAH WAH WAH IM GONNA CRY ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET
              FYP

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                I

You want to whitewash it and not face the truth. Fine. Get off the cute smart ass insinuations and grow up.
                Ill assume you have read nothing that I have wrote about this team. Grow up? lolololol

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Walkons getting minutes at the 4-5. Let's post up JRS.........................
                  I was trying to figure out what walkons were going to get minutes at the 4-5 as well, considering the only big walkon we have is Barney, who is redshirting, and may or may not be healthy enough to play.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

UNC has eleven (!) upperclassmen, and only 5 underclassmen. If they were any more experienced, they would qualify for the AARP league at the Elk Lodge.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      UNC has eleven (!) upperclassmen, and only 5 underclassmen. If they were any more experienced, they would qualify for the AARP league at the Elk Lodge.
                      You speak with way too much logic Mr. Wu. Logic is not fitting to the agenda at hand.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

You Sunshine Pumpers crack me up. UNC has been in the same position as us, a top 10 team who lost their Senior guard due to injury and that hasn't stopped them from winning 5 games, (all against D1 competition mind you). I'm sorry the majority of Shocker fans simply can't accept the fact that none of our sophomores have exhibited a modicum of improvement from last year. Instead, what I'm seeing by some of these guys has been marginal improvement at best and regression in others (Shaq). It's a sad state of affairs that one player can bring down a team to SWAC levels.

Now, I will say comparing us to UNC may not be entirely fair, as I would venture to say that their sophomores (Justin Jackson 14.7 PPG, Joel Berry 11.5 PPG, and Theo Pinson 7.2 PPG) are simply more athletic and skilled and therefore have a shorter learning curve. If that's the case, then I must be too critical of these guys as I should expect them to start turning the corner in their Junior and Senior seasons, just like a good ol' mid-major player is supposed to. Evidently I thought GM recruited a kid that was more advanced than your stereotypical mid-major player.

With no real Juniors on this team, we've got nobody to pick up the slack and are relegated to being a 2-man team (RB and Grady). I love me some Markis as he could play on any high major team. He needs to start, the added pressure for him to contribute will do him some good and pay dividends in March. When FVV comes back, AND if he comes back healthy, the Shox will resort back to their old ways - being dominant again. Until then, this team is going to lose in bunches as our sophomores can't live up to OUR expectations. Yes, missing your floor general who directs, assists, and places his teammates in the position to score hurts, but these sophomores are proving they are totally reliant on FVV to be successful, because other than RB, MM and AG, nobody can create on their own.
                        SWAC levels? lol, that's pathetic even for you.

I can't wait til we start piling up the wins again. It's a double win for everybody. 1.) we're winning, and 2.) we don't have to see your garbage posts because you only post 9 paragraph novels with analytic hodgepodge during times of losing. It's honestly one of the more pathetic posting patterns I've ever seen on this site. You're a sick, twisted, and deranged individual.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Good grief guy....these sophomores might not ever be AA's but solid pieces. Special players don't come around in every class. One of them will eventually be a all Valley type I predict. Very few guys can carry a team like Ron and Fred and they also had to develop a bit first. We have became spoiled the past few years and forgotten the rigours of a season. Final four year we lost to some terrible teams and came out fine and I expect by season's end these guys will be capable of making a fun run.

Comment

I like to think that Shocker fans are better than KU and other fans when we get some bad breaks and optimism is needed. I saw it that year when we were on a losing streak and our boys and Coach Marshall came home to a standing ovation. I'm finding out now that many of our fans aren't any different and are losers and finger pointers. Coach Marshall may be paid a lot of money, but he still deserves support and optimism during hard times. I still think he gets it turned around and deserves the benefit of the doubt instead of finger pointing. Now back to some of your losing attitudes and bad support.

Comment

A win will happen today. Gotta believe.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                A win will happen today. Gotta believe.
                                Thanks. I almost forgot this was a prediction thread.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X