WSU Versus Iowa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    I predict neither Shaq nor Rauno play. Walkons getting minutes at the 4-5. Two players other than Ron really need to play well Sunday. Brown, Kelly, McDuffie, Taylor? Too much needs to go right and too little can go wrong for me to predict a win. No one getting hurt, the real Zach Brown showing up and TT taking 10 or fewer shots would be enough positives for me to be happy.
    We're going to need shaq but I could see him sitting as well. Imagine the plane ride home if we lose. That would have to light a fire under his ass if he cares at all what his teammates think and are trying to accomplish this year.

Comment

If Shaq plays, it may very well be his last chance. On the other hand, if the decision has already been made, pull the RS and let Nurger on the floor.

Comment

Thinking the same thing, but you beat me to the post.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          If Shaq plays, it may very well be his last chance. On the other hand, if the decision has already been made, pull the RS and let Nurger on the floor.
          Shaq has looked bad. He has not earned PT and has been passed by Hamilton. That does not mean he is on his way out the door.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Shaq is the better player right now but if he doesn't see the floor or doesn't play angry
            when he is in there and gets yanked --- then what?

Comment

I'll forgive anything except lack of effort.

Comment

Another tough day for Shox winning 61-59
                Morris to start and ruck up the middle (that's a compliment)
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

Iowa wins.

Ron can't carry this team by himself and until someone, ANYONE else steps up and just TRIES to help out, its going to be rough. McDuffie tried offensively but has made 2-3 bad defensive plays where he gave up wide open 3s to the oppositions hottest shooter. A lot of plays went into the losses, but those 3s he gave up were plays at the time I said 'that's going to cost us'. If he can come to the realization that everyone on the floor is a capable shooter, he will pay huge dividends in the black and yellow. The other key, please keep Taylor from shooting the rock more than Ron....please.
                  -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Mike Kennedy was not doing backflips of joy knowing his pregame show would be at 8-a.m. and the game would start at 9. A win would spring-board us back to 21st and Hillside to huddle up, regroup, and get ready to rumble. It is still early, very early, in a Season that can still have positive results. Early birds get worms and our Shockers will be finer than a frog-hair this very Season as our reinforcements start returning. Take it to the bank.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Just play hard, shox!

Stay healthy.
                      For this season, we could look into changing our motto from #play "angry" to...
                      #hopefully get healthy and play "at all"

Comment

The good news is we have seen some growth from the bench during this trip. That will pay huge dividends. Need to see more consistency from our experienced players. If they step up then we win this one.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Anybody's game today...but Ron has got too be gassed. Cotton where are thou???
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

This loss can be boiled down to a few things. We made 2 more fg than the tide but we shot only .311 from the field, similar to the USC loss. Ouch!!! Alabama shot .405 from the field. Another issue in this game was Bama made 7 more throws than we even got to try making 13 more throws than us. We had 2 less turnovers, outrebounded them by 11, and had 2 more steals and assists than them.

Thus, we have to foul less and start making our fair share of field goals. My, my, we are not making shots that we have to make. It has not all been poor shot selection either, but also just missing easy shots.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

No TV?

No ESPN3?

Could not find either on schedule.

Hard times.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

My biggest question is who is going to score for us down low? Hard to win with no threat
                                there. Without a low post presence we need to up the tempo and push it up the court
                                before Iowa has a chance to entirely get back. TT, MM and ZB need to penetrate. Think
                                we win a close one 81-78.

Comment

Working...
                                X