Sexton stepping down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Here’s the kind of crap that pisses me off. If you don’t like their beliefs, eat elsewhere. It’s the one place we’ll eat before a game and we don’t care who or what they support… we just enjoy their chicken. You watch, because of pressure, they’ll be gone when their lease expires in 2017. If Chick-fil-A were owned and operated by ISIS, I might feel differently.

I didn't like Taco Bell when I was a student that's what was available. Guess what I ate a pre made sandwich, brought something or drove over to mcds. This crap is out of control.

Next thing some one will be upset they have to actually go to class to get a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      what a bunch of whiney bitches. If you don't like it don't go there. The "don't offend me" generation is going to be the downfall of our society.
      this is exactly right

Comment

Apologies to anyone offended by the Chick-fil-A discussion; should have started a new “Off-Topic” or “Politics” thread, however it might have got lost there.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Here’s the kind of crap that pisses me off. If you don’t like their beliefs, eat elsewhere. It’s the one place we’ll eat before a game and we don’t care who or what they support… we just enjoy their chicken. You watch, because of pressure, they’ll be gone when their lease expires in 2017. If Chick-fil-A were owned and operated by ISIS, I might feel differently.

Just asking, was this petition three years ago and only got 2/3s of the signers needed? There is no date on the "article", but the comments are all listed 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
            I could only read about 10 of those stupid comments before giving up! Chick-fil-A DOES NOT discriminate against anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! The President of Chick-fil-A, and any other person, should have the right to support whatever organization they want. This company has a great track record of charitable giving and community outreach. Why not petition against every company providing food services at the Student Center? I guarantee I can dig up examples from any restaurant chain that would rise to a higher level of discrimination than the President of a company donating to a cause they personally feel is important. This basically amounts to religious discrimination so isn't WSU violating their own policy if they allow this petition to influence the renewal of the lease? Idiots!!!!
            Because it only matter what you say you believe, not what you actually do.

Comment

I just don't understand how building an attached parking garage to every building wasn't on the list of demands.

Comment

I'll just be glad when this current crop of bitchy clowns... err... sorry, "student leaders" at WSU finish up their lib arts degrees, so they can tell me how much they appreciate my business at QuikTrip. The starkness of the real world will be like jumping into freezing water for these intellectual midgets.

I'm legitimately embarrassed to share a common lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  On the bright side, maybe the new AD will be able to get us in a new conference.
                  Maybe we should hire the Missouri State AD so that we can get an invite to the Sun Belt :biggrin-new:

Seriously, there are 2 paths for WSU getting invited to a better conference:

1. Convert WSU to a private institution (preferably Catholic affiliation) for an invite to the Big East; or
                  2. Add a top tier football program and move WSU to a larger TV market.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter who the AD is, we won't be moving up in conference affiliation.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    I just don't understand how building an attached parking garage to every building wasn't on the list of demands.
                    That would require too much effort. Who has time to drive up a parking ramp. They should demand front row curbside parking next to every building. Better yet, they should demand that their teachers come to their houses and spoon feed the daily lesson into their little baby brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                      Maybe we should hire the Missouri State AD so that we can get an invite to the Sun Belt :biggrin-new:

Seriously, there are 2 paths for WSU getting invited to a better conference:

1. Convert WSU to a private institution (preferably Catholic affiliation) for an invite to the Big East; or
                      2. Add a top tier football program and move WSU to a larger TV market.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter who the AD is, we won't be moving up in conference affiliation.
                      Can we stop beating the football horse and just let it die already? WSU spent decades and money trying to make a top tier football program and all they got out of it we're a handful of NCAA violations. We couldn't do it then, there's no way we do it now from scratch. You want to afford to pay Marshall? Then we don't pay for football.
                      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

You're barking up the wrong tree, I'm not a proponent of adding football. I have posted on ShockerNet several times that I believe that one of the primary reasons that we are having the success that we are experiencing in not only basketball but our entire athletic program is because we don't have a football program sucking all of our resources down the drain.

My point is that because of several factors beyond our control (public institution with no football program, smaller TV market, geographical location) it is highly unlikely that we will be changing conferences.
                        Last edited by Shocker-maniac; November 18, 2015, 08:12 PM.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Two options regarding the AD position.

A) Persuade Jim Schaus to come back.
                          B) Give Darron Boatright a chance.

Either would be fine with me.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Two options regarding the AD position.

A) Persuade Jim Schaus to come back.
                            B) Give Darron Boatright a chance.

Either would be fine with me.
                            Wonder if "A" is even a possibility. Schaus is in his 8th year at Ohio and he's about age 55.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Whoa ... what? Compromise?
                              Tail wagging the dog.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                its my understanding he was a no show to various student government meetings etc?

Isnt it part of his new "position" to be visible at things like that?
                                The closer to the top, the greater the demand for time.

If Bardo cannot attend, due to conflict, then he sends a representative or meeting is rescheduled.

Pretty standard stuff.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X