For Doug Gottlieb haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    He was pretty open about wanting the KSU job after Martin left. I'm a big Gottlieb fan and think as crazy as it sounds he acually has a chance to be a successful coach. I always find it funny how every single fanbase thinks he hates their team. Why does anyone care if members of the media aren't identical to their own? Much more interesting to me to hear people make the case for perspectives I don't currently share.
    Uh, NO on every level ("...big Gottlieb fan..."? Welcome to the conversation, Mrs. Gottlieb!) . But specifically, I guess he has a chance, just as I have a chance to win Powerball just because I have a ticket! Successful coaching at a DI level requires SOOO much more than knowing X's and O's (and we could debate his actual ability to master this as a coach as opposed to criticize afterwards) and I don't believe he has those skills. Period.

Comment

...every single fanbase thinks he hates their team.
      He does possess the ability to pi$$ off everyone, apparently!

Comment

I'm a big Gottlieb fan
        So I assume you think FVV is a low major guard too? And let me guess, WSU deserved about a 5 seed in 2014?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I always find it funny how every single fanbase thinks he hates their team. Why does anyone care if members of the media aren't identical to their own? Much more interesting to me to hear people make the case for perspectives I don't currently share.
          I don't care if he agrees with me or not. But Gottlieb is a P5 excuse maker and he won't back down when he's wrong. The way he disrespected our team and especially Fred after we took care of St. Louis a couple of years ago when they were a Top 30 type of team. According to Gottlieb, Fred wasn't good enough to hang with the elite guards who were a step above him. He has never backed down from his original Shocker and FVV slights. Every time Fred, Ron, Gregg, and the rest of the Shockers proved him wrong by going 31-0 and playing Kentucky to a draw (the year they were runner up to UCONN in the NCAA), and then gave KU a beat down last year he has never backed down from his disparaging comments. A top notch basketball analyst would be able to change his original view but not DG. In conclusion, he's an arrogant tool.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I don't care if he agrees with me or not. But Gottlieb is a P5 excuse maker and he won't back down when he's wrong. The way he disrespected our team and especially Fred after we took care of St. Louis a couple of years ago when they were a Top 30 type of team.
            That year was so frustrating. The St Louis win was discounted because the media argued they were overrated and never should have been top 25. Other wins were discounted because they weren't top 25 when we played, even though they entered the top 25 later.

Comment

Didn't STL and Tennessee (two teams we beat, one of them on the road) go to the S16 that year? I know TN did for sure but I'm not 100% sure about STL.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                That year was so frustrating. The St Louis win was discounted because the media argued they were overrated and never should have been top 25. Other wins were discounted because they weren't top 25 when we played, even though they entered the top 25 later.
                Some of the media were in our court. More of the media were in our court after we proved that we could play with anyone (Kentucky) playing at a super high level, many of them backing away from their original views. Most of the media were in our court after KU, but not him.

Comment

Doug's brother is more qualified than Doug to coach at the D1 level.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

He needs some other avenues of obtaining income. Card protection is too good these days.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Well, he's back at it again.

I began to listen to Gottlieb on the Soren Petro Show today. I didn't hear the entire conversation so maybe I missed something but he said "don't give it to them, If you do, you are making the same mistake that happened when Wichita State was the Number 1 Seed." They just aren't that good. They don't have the athletes."

This isn't word for word but it is what I remember. Maybe someone else heard the entire context. I don't listen to him anymore but I do listen to Soren Petro.

Comment

I began to listen to Gottlieb on the Soren Petro Show today. I didn't hear the entire conversation so maybe I missed something but he said "don't give it to them, If you do, you are making the same mistake that happened when Wichita State was the Number 1 Seed." They just aren't that good. They don't have the athletes."

This isn't word for word but it is what I remember. Maybe someone else heard the entire context. I don't listen to him anymore but I do listen to Soren Petro.
                        In terms of college basketball analysis, I'd believe my grandmother over anything that POS says.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I quit listening to him 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                            I quit listening to him 3 years ago.
                            When I got into the car, I didn't know who I was listening to. It was in the middle of Soren Petro's show. I soon recognized Soren Petro's voice and his too.

Comment

Everytime jim rome's show ends and doug comes on i turn the station and refuse to go back ever.

Comment

Doug was comparing Villanova being ranked number 1 similar to our run a few years back. We had wins over pretty decent teams but that shouldn't be enough to get you ranked that high. He does say something like, Gregg is not a good coach but a great Coach but at the end of the day, it boils down to the type of athlete and WSU and Nova don't have the ones necessary to make noise. Nova getting beat by OU earlier this year by 25 was an example of how they lacked the athletes to go inside against OU and were relegated to shooting perimeter shots only and weren't making anything. It's not worth the listen. It's a 40 minute podcast and he mentions WSU in comparison to Nova for about 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X