2015-16 schedule is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    It really boils down to the little details that Illinois State is capable of. For instance, when they aren't on national TV, the Red[jail]bird crew will stick a shank in some sucka's achilles. And why? If only because a sucka from Bradley needs to get got, yo.

So based on that analysis I can see the Turds making it top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      The MSU AD has an ill-performing, lowly paid MBB coach that they can't buy out to save their life, and one of the weakest overall AD budgets in the MVC, but yet they consider a move to FBS football a rational thought. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lowest funded AD of a school running FBS football was twice what MSU is currently able to spend.

I don't know whether to feel bad for their clinical-level narcosis, or just point my finger and laugh.
      I'm not sure which is financially crazier... WSU's pipe dream of getting a football team again, or MSU's pipe dream of getting into FBS?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        Wait a minute. You sayin' white guys don't know how to use a shiv?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by DRuff34 View Post
          Where do you live in CT? I'm in Norwich. Glad to know there are more Shocker fans in CT.
          I'm in the lovely hamlet of Waterbury..just like being back in ICT except with hills and horrible drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Wait a minute. You sayin' white guys don't know how to use a shiv?
            CRAP! Turns out I'm racist for assuming anything :)

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
              Let's take a look at this conference debate from a different angle. How often do the reigning emperors of the mighty Big12 meet a team from the lowly MVC in the big dance, only to leave the court doing their walk of shame.
              Three times in the last 10 years. All of which were in the first weekend of the dance and following a Big 12 championship.

In fact, in the past 12 years, all of which were regular season championships and date back to Bill Self's first year as head coach, KU is 1-3 against the mighty MVC. The loan win was a 61-58 victory over SIU in the Sweet 16 game in 2007.
              Last edited by wufan; September 8, 2015, 08:04 PM.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                yep, I'm hoping to get my family to the Seton Hall game on 12/19. Perfect timing for the kids on winter break.
                I will also be in attendance on the 19th.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm not sure which is financially crazier... WSU's pipe dream of getting a football team again, or MSU's pipe dream of getting into FBS?
                  Definitely MSU's obsession to join the... lol.... Sun Belt.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I still haven't bought into this. I keep hearing it, but is everyone remembering that Lynch left? I mean, I'd pick them second if he was returning, but I'm expecting Illinois State to be back in the 4-7 range. Someone correct me here, or give me some other rationale to chew on, but I've got Evansville as the easy choice for 2nd. I mean, how do you look at Balentine, Mock and some JUCO talent and not put that above a floundering Illinois State team? Evansville is gearing up for a glory run/curtain call of their own this season, and for some reason they aren't getting any attention. Maybe Marty Simmons really is that bad and I just don't get it.
                    Redturd fans are already talking about at-large bids..... lol.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Last game is at home. Feb. 27th. Plan your next 6 months around not missing that.
                      CKA needs to hold 40,000 for that game...

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                        CKA needs to hold 40,000 for that game...
                        You're an order of magnitude off.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

UE: The role of post players is to set screens. The only time post players see the ball is when the opponents double the Aces SG and don't rotate to put a man on the post player. Then, if the guy with the ball sees Mock alone under the basket (they're not used to looking for that) and feeds him the ball, he will score. At UE, post players who like to sometimes touch the ball are called "transfers".

IlSU: Akoon-Purcell is a stud. Lee is decent. Hawkins could make or break the team depending on whether Muller can reel huim in. I didn't see a real PG last year and don't think they have one this year. No PG and no center could be a problem. Lee can play PG, but that creates weakness in the lineup at both PG and SG. What do you call half the players who have played for Muller? You call them "transfers".

UNI: Jacobsen makes around $900K and may be the most underpaid coach in the nation. With what they lost, it would take a miracle for them to battle for a top-3 spot. Jacobsen is a guy who could deliver that miracle.

MSU: It's got to be only the fans who want to move to FBS. No AD could possibly be that stupid. Wait - I take that back. With what I've seen at MSU, that level of stupidity might exist. Only at MSU could one of the worst FB teams in the nation somehow end up being the major sport, with basketball taking a back seat in the athletic department.

MSUFan is hoping for a great turnout for their home FB opener against Chadron State. When the big push is for a FB game against Chadron State, and that sport takes precedence over basketball...when MSU fired Hinson, they should have booted their AD at the same time. MSU's AD has been worse for MSU than Perkins was for WSU.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            UE: The role of post players is to set screens. The only time post players see the ball is when the opponents double the Aces SG and don't rotate to put a man on the post player. Then, if the guy with the ball sees Mock alone under the basket (they're not used to looking for that) and feeds him the ball, he will score. At UE, post players who like to sometimes touch the ball are called "transfers".

IlSU: Akoon-Purcell is a stud. Lee is decent. Hawkins could make or break the team depending on whether Muller can reel huim in. I didn't see a real PG last year and don't think they have one this year. No PG and no center could be a problem. Lee can play PG, but that creates weakness in the lineup at both PG and SG. What do you call half the players who have played for Muller? You call them "transfers".

UNI: Jacobsen makes around $900K and may be the most underpaid coach in the nation. With what they lost, it would take a miracle for them to battle for a top-3 spot. Jacobsen is a guy who could deliver that miracle.

MSU: It's got to be only the fans who want to move to FBS. No AD could possibly be that stupid. Wait - I take that back. With what I've seen at MSU, that level of stupidity might exist. Only at MSU could one of the worst FB teams in the nation somehow end up being the major sport, with basketball taking a back seat in the athletic department.

MSUFan is hoping for a great turnout for their home FB opener against Chadron State. When the big push is for a FB game against Chadron State, and that sport takes precedence over basketball...when MSU fired Hinson, they should have booted their AD at the same time. MSU's AD has been worse for MSU than Perkins was for WSU.
                            Just wait till they LOSE that game against Chadron State.

Comment

According to the Seton Hall website, the WSU-Seton Hall game will be on the FOX national television network. Not FS1 or FS2, or Fox Sports Net, but the FOX TV network. They also call it the highlight of the schedule:"The highlight of the television schedule is an appearance on the FOX national network on Saturday, Dec. 19 at noon when the Pirates host Wichita State at Prudential Center...."
                              http://www.shupirates.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090815aac.html

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShocker08 View Post
                                I'm in the lovely hamlet of Waterbury..just like being back in ICT except with hills and horrible drivers.
                                I can't get the video to come up so I have to go with the script instead. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X