2015-16 schedule is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    Another one to add a time to; New Mexico State's website lists at Wichita State on Fri. Nov. 14 to start at 7 pm. I'm assuming it'll be 8 cst since they're mountain time
    Nice. Sounds like a potential ESPNU/2 pickup given the tip time.

Comment

Originally posted by DRuff34 View Post
      Wow, glad to hear there are other Shocker fans in CT! I'm also heading down to the Seton Hall game. Thanks for the game time info. I had been to the Seton Hall site recently, so it must have just been updated. Where are you guys located in CT?
      I'm not in CT, just looking for a good road game to see on a weekend. This one is about it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Nice. Sounds like a potential ESPNU/2 pickup given the tip time.
        NMSU actually hasn't updated their site since last season, so when I took that time, it was actually last year's game. So disregard that completely.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          New Year's Eve game to open the Valley. Hmm.
          Get drunk early and often! My guess is it will be something like a 6 pm start at the latest.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I saw the original post and excitedly opened the link to see when our "big" MVC games were scheduled. Then I realized, There really aren't any "big" MVC games for us...

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              I saw the original post and excitedly opened the link to see when our "big" MVC games were scheduled. Then I realized, There really aren't any "big" MVC games for us...
              Unless you look at it from the angle that we will be, as has been the case the past few years, everyone's "Super Bowl". Bring 'em on.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Looks like the schedule makers are picking IllSt to finish second this season. (Or, who knows -- if they listen to Coach "Dan the Parole Office Man," maybe first.)
                I still haven't bought into this. I keep hearing it, but is everyone remembering that Lynch left? I mean, I'd pick them second if he was returning, but I'm expecting Illinois State to be back in the 4-7 range. Someone correct me here, or give me some other rationale to chew on, but I've got Evansville as the easy choice for 2nd. I mean, how do you look at Balentine, Mock and some JUCO talent and not put that above a floundering Illinois State team? Evansville is gearing up for a glory run/curtain call of their own this season, and for some reason they aren't getting any attention. Maybe Marty Simmons really is that bad and I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  I still haven't bought into this. I keep hearing it, but is everyone remembering that Lynch left? I mean, I'd pick them second if he was returning, but I'm expecting Illinois State to be back in the 4-7 range. Someone correct me here, or give me some other rationale to chew on, but I've got Evansville as the easy choice for 2nd. I mean, how do you look at Balentine, Mock and some JUCO talent and not put that above a floundering Illinois State team? Evansville is gearing up for a glory run/curtain call of their own this season, and for some reason they aren't getting any attention. Maybe Marty Simmons really is that bad and I just don't get it.
                  Evansville would be a clear pick for second if not for the fact that Simmons showed zero ability to use a dominant post player, instead wasting that talent running screens for Balentine. It made sense to run that offense when all they had was one good shooter, but it completely wastes their potential with Mock. For reference:

Balentine took 563 shots last year
                  Mockevicius took 266 shots last year

Let's compare that to WSU's use of its top post scorer:
                  Carter took 16 shots per 40 minutes and 6.6 free throw attempts per 40 minutes
                  Mockevicius took 11 shots per 40 minutes 6.0 free throw attempts per 40 minutes

It's not like WSU doesn't have elite guards that eat up a certain percentage of the shots in the offense, yet WSU got looks for Carter way more frequently than Evansville got looks for Mock. Unless Evansville fixes that and isn't the Balentine show, they will continue to squander what should be a legit shot at the top 3 in the Valley and a potential NCAA berth.
                  Last edited by The Mad Hatter; September 8, 2015, 04:41 PM.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    Evansville would be a clear pick for second if not for the fact that Simmons should zero ability to use a dominant post player, instead wasting that talent running screens for Balentine. It made sense to run that offense when all they had was one good shooter, but it completely wastes there potential with Mock. For reference:

Balentine took 563 shots last year
                    Mockevicius took 266 shots last year

Let's compare that to WSU's use of its top post scorer:
                    Carter took 16 shots per 40 minutes and 6.6 free throw attempts per 40 minutes
                    Mockevicius took 11 shots per 40 minutes 6.0 free throw attempts per 40 minutes

It's not like WSU doesn't have elite guards that eat up a certain percentage of the shots in the offense, yet WSU got looks for Carter way more frequently than Evansville got looks for Mock. Unless Evansville fixes that and isn't the Balentine show, they will continue to squander what should be a legit shot at the top 3 in the Valley and a potential NCAA berth.
                    I really do appreciate this perspective. I just spent 10 minutes pulling up the roster of each Valley team and when you look at what's out there in the conference, Evansville's roster really does stand out. They absolutely should be 2nd. I think you answered my question...and the answer is that Marty Simmons really is the issue. That's unfortunate if true. I'm still going to hold out hope that those two amazing players get a chance to go out in style, though. Those are two guys who should be remembered, and I want to see them at least make the dance this season, if not get a chance to face KU (which would guarantee a second round appearance).

They added a 7'1" transfer center from Nebraska, and they have a mostly upper classmen-led team right now, even at the other positions. With a down Valley once again, they should clean up just like WSU should. After that, I'd hear arguments for UNI and Loyola over Illinois State. To me, the only way Illinois State gets 2nd is if this is another horrifically down year for the MVC where WSU is a top 10 or 20 team, and the next best team has an RPI of something like 80. Say it ain't so...

As for the bottom half of the Valley, it's impossible to distinguish much. Mo State, SIU, Bradley, Drake are all capable of being last, and Indiana State is probably going to be the one who misses Thursday. I guess the good news is there is always that chance Bradley might surge under this new coach. I'd sure love to see Bradley and SIU pull something together.

Comment

I'd like to see Illinois State fall apart, get last place and receive the trophy award for "biggest disappointment" (presented by the university of Texas) after constantly being picked for 2nd this year and then finishing dead last. :)

Comment

I wonder when Missouri State will add the countdown clock until they host Wichita State?
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          I wonder when Missouri State will add the countdown clock until they host Wichita State?
                          I think this year they are going to convert it into the countdown to Lusk's last day.

We're talking something like 2019, right? They literally can't afford to buy him out...

Comment

I really do appreciate this perspective. I just spent 10 minutes pulling up the roster of each Valley team and when you look at what's out there in the conference, Evansville's roster really does stand out. They absolutely should be 2nd. I think you answered my question...and the answer is that Marty Simmons really is the issue. That's unfortunate if true. I'm still going to hold out hope that those two amazing players get a chance to go out in style, though. Those are two guys who should be remembered, and I want to see them at least make the dance this season, if not get a chance to face KU (which would guarantee a second round appearance).

They added a 7'1" transfer center from Nebraska, and they have a mostly upper classmen-led team right now, even at the other positions. With a down Valley once again, they should clean up just like WSU should. After that, I'd hear arguments for UNI and Loyola over Illinois State. To me, the only way Illinois State gets 2nd is if this is another horrifically down year for the MVC where WSU is a top 10 or 20 team, and the next best team has an RPI of something like 80. Say it ain't so...

As for the bottom half of the Valley, it's impossible to distinguish much. Mo State, SIU, Bradley, Drake are all capable of being last, and Indiana State is probably going to be the one who misses Thursday. I guess the good news is there is always that chance Bradley might surge under this new coach. I'd sure love to see Bradley and SIU pull something together.
                            UE certainly has the second best roster in the MVC, but Illinois State has the third best. They have some undeveloped talent in the post and some depth across the board (except at PG). ISUb lost their version of Shaq Morris for the season and are thin in the middle, otherwise they would be right with ISUr. UNI is also incredibly thin in the post. LUC has some talent up and down the roster, but no depth except at the wing. Drake MIGHT make a move out of the play in round. SIU, MSU, and BU are trash this year.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

They literally can't afford to buy him out...
                              The MSU AD has an ill-performing, lowly paid MBB coach that they can't buy out to save their life, and one of the weakest overall AD budgets in the MVC, but yet they consider a move to FBS football a rational thought. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lowest funded AD of a school running FBS football was twice what MSU is currently able to spend.

I don't know whether to feel bad for their clinical-level narcosis, or just point my finger and laugh.

Comment

I still haven't bought into this. I keep hearing it, but is everyone remembering that Lynch left? I mean, I'd pick them second if he was returning, but I'm expecting Illinois State to be back in the 4-7 range. Someone correct me here, or give me some other rationale to chew on, but I've got Evansville as the easy choice for 2nd.
                                It really boils down to the little details that Illinois State is capable of. For instance, when they aren't on national TV, the Red[jail]bird crew will stick a shank in some sucka's achilles. And why? If only because a sucka from Bradley needs to get got, yo.

So based on that analysis I can see the Turds making it top 3.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X