Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Fred won't be in the three point contest and Conner wins. Baker has been my favorite player since he enrolled (yes, I chose him as my player-to-follow the minute I knew he was coming which means I chose him his redshirt year), but I don't think he beats Conner in the threes.
    Sully says the 3-point contest will be FVV, Bake, Conner, Peyton Allen--dunk contest will be Zach Brown, Rashard Kelly, McDuff, Hamilton, Shamet, and Taylor---barring any injuries.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Let me start off by saying Frankamp is the best 3-point shooter ever to wear a Shocker uni. He should be able to set the all-time 3-pointers made mark in 2-1/2 years. There is no way he should lose the 3-point contest. that's what he does.

If he doesn't win it, I'm not going to rag on him. It's been over a year since he's done anything in front of a crowd. He's got to be feeling some pressure to perform at a new school. He's probably never seen what Marshall and his teammates expect from anyone on the team.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it takes Conner a little time to regain his confidence and have some swag. He needs that to do what he does. He'd better have his confidence and swag back before he hits the court for his first game at IBA. That could be intimidating to someone who hasn't played a game since the 2014 NCAA's.

I will be neither surprised nor disappointed if it takes Frankamp until February to show what he's capable of doing. Expecting him to come in and light it up from Day 1 isn't realistic - especially after his experience at KU. If he can come in from Day 1 and light it up, then his overall game has progressed unbelievably since he transferred. Marshall demands more than Frankamp's previous coach.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        ...Marshall demands more than Frankamp's previous coach.
        Now there's the understatement of the day.

It's the difference between credentials and performance.

Comment

• So the dunk contest participants are . . .

Zach Brown

Rashard Kelly

and . . .

Comment

• We've all heard of times when recruits come in for visits during the summer and go to the gym and play pick-up with the team. I wonder if there's any chance that Keyser and/or Mitchell laces them up for a little run tonight? Or is that even legal given that this is considered an actual practice instead of just a summer pick-up game?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              We've all heard of times when recruits come in for visits during the summer and go to the gym and play pick-up with the team. I wonder if there's any chance that Keyser and/or Mitchell laces them up for a little run tonight? Or is that even legal given that this is considered an actual practice instead of just a summer pick-up game?
              I thought I read that they can participate in tonight's "practice" like any other practice, but cannot participate in either the closed scrimmage/exhibition games.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Oh, because they can't compete against "outside competition"? Now that you mention it, I kind of remember seeing something like that somewhere along the way. I was thinking that was in regards to guys that were already part of the program (Peyton/Conner/redshirts), wasn't sure about guys still being recruited.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  I thought I read that they can participate in tonight's "practice" like any other practice, but cannot participate in either the closed scrimmage/exhibition games.
                  He's talking about the guys who verballed. 99% sure those guys can't participate.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Baker wins the 3-point contest barely edging out Frankamp and FVV. Shamet wins the dunk contest barely beating out Taylor or Brown if they get in this one.
                    See ya'll there and we shant be late.
                    From what I have heard - this won't be even close. CF wins the 3point contest in runaway fashion. That is how good he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      From what I have heard - this won't be even close. CF wins the 3point contest in runaway fashion. That is how good he is.
                      What would be interesting would be if neither Baker nor Frankamp missed any shots and they had to go to sudden death (first shot missed loses).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        What would be interesting would be if neither Baker nor Frankamp missed any shots and they had to go to sudden death (first shot missed loses).
                        If it turns into a very long night, I will be happy to sit and watch for hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                          You know, some video captured during the Madness and posted immediately on here would be a great thing for you guys to do. Great for out of town guys like me anyway!
                          As a CT resident, I second LoneStar48's request post.

Comment

• If were out of town, I'd keep an eye on the local TV stations to see if they stream anything. They do for a lot of the end of year events at Koch and will almost certainly be setup for telecasts for news segments anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                              Bingo.. Speaking from personal experience, I'm a lot less likely to go to something right after work, on a weekday, on relatively short notice.
                              Then come late. Since the Royals are not playing, it should be a nice crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Then come late. Since the Royals are not playing, it should be a nice crowd.
                                I am coming...late. Any idea what the order of events are, and if one were to make it to CKA around 6:30, what might have been missed?

Comment

Working...
                                X