No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being low key is one thing, poor production and planning is something different.

I mean how do you forget to keep track of 3-pts made for the 3-pt competition?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
      Being low key is one thing, poor production and planning is something different.

I mean how do you forget to keep track of 3-pts made for the 3-pt competition?
      Bingo.

Every year there is a hope that the low major production will at least graduate to mid major status. And every year I get grossly disappointed.

Now I just expect it to be a high school production. Sad, considering the elite status of the basketball program. You'd figure one of these days the production crew/athletic dept would catch up.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You would think this would be a GREAT opportunity to turn the grad students in sports management loose to get some real life experience in event production. Or maybe they already are and this is what we get.... if so, YIKES.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Seems like the university could incorporate this event with the Shocktoberfest and create a much more lively student event.

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I believe Rockin the Roundhouse is the following Saturday. Maybe they're concerned about the logistics of doing both, but it seems to me that if they had this on Saturday afternoon before the evening festivities, it may create a bit more excitement and some higher bids for the auction items.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              I could be mistaken, but I believe Rockin the Roundhouse is the following Saturday. Maybe they're concerned about the logistics of doing both, but it seems to me that if they had this on Saturday afternoon before the evening festivities, it may create a bit more excitement and some higher bids for the auction items.
              I haven't been to RnR in a few years, but in the past, that event was HUGE, using up the whole arena...including the practice gym and main arena floors. It is not possible to do both in the same day.
              78-65

Comment

This is my favorite of the annual ShockerNet discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  I haven't been to RnR in a few years, but in the past, that event was HUGE, using up the whole arena...including the practice gym and main arena floors. It is not possible to do both in the same day.
                  When we went last year, it seemed considerably smaller than it had been a couple of years earlier. But, like I said, it could very well be a logistical nightmare. My thought was that there isn't a whole lot done in the arena (or at least wasn't last year), so maybe have the basketball there, kick everybody out for the couple hours of RnR that happens before the live auction. I am by no means familiar enough with CKA to know if any of that would work or not. Was just a random thought.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    When we went last year, it seemed considerably smaller than it had been a couple of years earlier. But, like I said, it could very well be a logistical nightmare. My thought was that there isn't a whole lot done in the arena (or at least wasn't last year), so maybe have the basketball there, kick everybody out for the couple hours of RnR that happens before the live auction. I am by no means familiar enough with CKA to know if any of that would work or not. Was just a random thought.
                    Typically it'll take around 2-3 days to set up for RnR. It would be a logistical nightmare to prep the arena for Shocker Madness and simultaneously prepare for RnR in any capacity it's currently or previously been at. It's a good idea, but I don't think it would work. Especially if they use the concourse for food, those tables are typically set up around noon the day of, and the restaurants will show up hours before to prep their stations etc.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Ah! Everything is hunky-dory. Looks like I will be able to take in Shocker Madness after all. Looking forward to it.

Comment

3pt contest

Be surprised if anyone but Fankhamp wins the 3pt contest.
                        And why is KU far ahead of WSU in all the preseason polls?n
                        And why doesn't WSU give more lead time on date for Madness?

Comment

Originally posted by wichita View Post
                          Be surprised if anyone but Fankhamp wins the 3pt contest.
                          And why is KU far ahead of WSU in all the preseason polls?n
                          And why doesn't WSU give more lead time on date for Madness?
                          The real question is why is a KU fan concerned with what's going on a WSU board on the night of your overhyped motorcycle pow-wow?

Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Noticed in the Eagle write up that allen FH was less than full for last night. I always thought it was a capacity crowd.:)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              The real question is why is a KU fan concerned with what's going on a WSU board on the night of your overhyped motorcycle pow-wow?

Looks like the ass whooping he took in Omaha sent Self and his rug into full blown mid-life crisis mode.
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Marco...

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X