Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shocker Madness?

    Anyone know when Shocker Madness will be this year?
    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

  • #2
    An astute question for sure. I always love the 3-point shooting contest along with the dunk contest. Any thoughts on who will win these events. Baker or Frankamp maybe on the 3's but the dunk contest is up for grabs and speculation.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      An astute question for sure. I always love the 3-point shooting contest along with the dunk contest. Any thoughts on who will win these events. Baker or Frankamp maybe on the 3's but the dunk contest is up for grabs and speculation.
      Shamet

      Comment


      • #4
        I would just hope that they set up specific rules for each of these contests beforehand. Too often it seems like they are set up on the fly with minimal organization. I know it's all for fun but let's not be sloppy.
        There's no I in team and now there is NO AM. I will miss him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          An astute question for sure. I always love the 3-point shooting contest along with the dunk contest. Any thoughts on who will win these events. Baker or Frankamp maybe on the 3's but the dunk contest is up for grabs and speculation.
          How many are usually in the 3-pt contest? I'd also like to see Brown and McDuffie in it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Isn't Shocker Madness usually on a weeknight? I really wish they would do it on a weekend now that I'm an out of towner :(

            Comment


            • #7
              Shamet will take the dunk. Frankamp better win the 3-pt.

              I like the scrimmage a lot better than the contests. One thing you gotta remember when watching the scrimmage. They're just playin' ball. What you see there might not fit as well into a game when it's more important to carry out an assignment than to just play.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

              Comment


              • #8
                The dunk contest always worries me due to possible (and unnecessary) injuries.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  The dunk contest always worries me due to possible (and unnecessary) injuries.
                  I am always worried about these preseason Dunking Contests too...

                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Frankamp is a 'lights out shooter' but my prediction is Baker will win and Shamet wins the safe dunking contest that will rattle the tables at the local doughnut shops. Clean up on isle 1 baybay.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      I would just hope that they set up specific rules for each of these contests beforehand. Too often it seems like they are set up on the fly with minimal organization. I know it's all for fun but let's not be sloppy.
                      My ulterior motive is that maybe they will see this thread and put more effort into organizing the event.
                      "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So,did I miss the answer as to the original question of when it will be held? Or has no one answered that yet?
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          So,did I miss the answer as to the original question of when it will be held? Or has no one answered that yet?
                          No one has answered because no one knows the answer. We'll probably get an announcement in early October announcing Shocker Madness on Thursday the 15th. Last year it was on the 16th of October which was a Thursday.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe with all the extremely elevated expectations we should have a "Shocker Reasonableness" instead...........................Naaahhhhhh!
                            There's no I in team and now there is NO AM. I will miss him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Shocker Madness will be announced a week or two before the event and it will be on a weeknight, because, hey, why the hell should WSU give a **** if anyone from out of town would like to attend?
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X